• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Which slot in your bag has changed the least?

Roadrunners, Firebirds, Teebirds, Leopards and Small Bead Aviars for the better part of a decade.

Destroyers for the past 4-5 years.

I've been throwing Rocs since 2006
TL's since 2008 (the same one too!)
And destroyers since like 2008 or 2009

My stable fairway slot has changed the least. The mold that's been in my bag the longest is the Teebird. By far my favorite & most used fairway driver. I've tried other plastics but Champion has always been my favorite. A close second is the KC Aviar. Once in awhile I'll convince myself to putt with the Aviar P&A for a round or two. I always go back to the KC though.

When I started to get serious my first fairway drivers were a leopard FD and diamond. I chose the FDs and have never looked back. Almost 2 years now. Once the P line hit I had my moderately US FD and I stocked up on 7 of the protos. I'm sort of committed.

I haven't been playing for very long, but my distance driver slot hasn't changed all that much. Started with Destroyers and then tried some trilogy stuff, but went back to the Destroyers. Nothing works as well for me for my game.

I have pretty much done the same thing with every other slot as I wanted to try some new companies, but ultimately my bag ended up close to how it started.

For me I think the OS FW slot. Ive been playing for 4 years and I dont remember ever taking that mold out. I may have subbed in a different color, weight, plastic, but I've always had a bird ITB.

After that Id say putters. Me finding the right putter was a crap shoot for a couple years - aviar, wizard, kc aviar, Ion, Anode, wizard, judge, kc aviar, shield. Always trying to make something work. Then I started putting with McPro Aviars. MONEYY! Been putting with those for a little over a year and havent had anything else ITB since. Now that people want $30+ for them, Im kicking myself for not buying more when I knew they were the ones.

These have changed the least for me.

Wedge - dependable turn
Mako3 - dependable straight
Destroyers and Terns for D

OS Fairway and Putter.

I have 2 Firebirds that have been in the bag for over 10 years now. One of them was the first truly overstable disc I ever bought, back in 2003 or 2004. They have straightened out over the years, but I can't imagine ever dropping them unless I lose them.

I've also been throwing Wizards since 2005. Every time my putting goes south I try something else for like 9 holes, then realize I'm being dumb and go back to throwing my Wizards.

stable and under stable driver - leopard

stable and over stable midrange - roc

Driver slot: PD. Since 2008! Every *single* other disc in my bag has changed since then. Even putters. The PD is the only disc that hasn't left the bag at any point since 2008.

Even though I like a lot of other discs, I honestly don't think I'll ever replace or leave the PD.

Overstable Putter/Utility Disc - I've had a flat pink Zone in my bag since the beginning. Everything else has been in-and-out at some point, but I always have a Zone.

Overstable Distance: XCaliber

I started throwing the XCal for distance back when it first came out and I was throwing primarily forehand flex shots for distance.

I then started throwing more neutral discs for distance and eventually transitioned to more backhand, so the XCal got less use, but it's always stayed in the bag. Today I carry two of them, a beat in Star and a fresher Champ. They don't get used as much as they used to, but they're still a key piece of the bag.

Innova Roc!

I started out with a buzz but then I found a perfectly seasoned dead straight DX Roc with no name or number on it. I still want to thank the person who lost that Roc because it was so perfect! I even threw an ace with it that summer!

Thank you person who lost a Red DX Roc at Ellicott Creek Park!

Fairway - Teebirds
Got away from them for awhile, but recently discing down and realizing how much I missed them. DX for powering down and tunnel shots, champ for full power and more fade.

control Drivers.....Roadrunner, Valk, Thunderbird (newest one tho), Firebird will be in that slot for FOR EV ERRRR

My max D drivers have changed a lot, and mids n putters, etc, but those 4 are like PART of my bag

Been putting wizards for about 4 years now
Pure has been my approach disc/driving putter for 5 years
Wraith has been my only driver for backhand for 5 years as well
Firebird - FAF for utility shots
Nuke OS - I have a slightly domey one that bombs forehand, super overstable but still gets great distance. In the bag for three years now.

My drivers have been the same for five years or more. Once I tried the Teebird / Firebird combo, there was no reason to change anything. My fairway slots have been sewn up for a long time now. While I've tried different variations in weight and plastic, I will say that the Destroyer has been my go-to driver for max distance for the past 3 years or so.

OS mid; I've had a Drone in the bag since I've owned one. Flicks have also never left the bag, but they've changed slots a little bit. More just a utility/approach disc now.

Latest posts