• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Which slot in your bag has changed the least?

Buiscutboy

Double Eagle Member
Like it says, what slot in your bag has changed the least? Putters, mids, fairway, utility, control, distance, flippy pos, OS fairway.... That's the kind of thing I mean by slot , if you were confused.

Ex: I started with the best putter in the universe, the Wizard. I've not touched another since. Why should I ? It's the perfect putter.

For realsies: The thing that's changed the least for me is my overstable fairway. I pretty much started with a Champ Banshee that was my favorite disc. I lost it. After crying, I tried some new Banshees. They just weren't the same... So I tried a Viper. And I've loved it ever since.

The end.

Oh, the second place prize goes to non-OS fairway. I went from Gazelles, to Rivers, to XLs, to Eagles, to Leopards, back to XLs. Not as nice of a story...

Mids and putters change like the wind. Don't have the arm for longer stuff, so they don't count.

It'll be interesting to see if people can actually remember :p

Overstable/overhand driver has always been a domey Champ Firebird.
Hasn't changed since the first day I threw one.

Often copied, never duplicated Champ Firebird!!

Max Distance Driver - Wraith

I started using the Wraith back in '06 and it is still my max distance of choice. There was short time where I forced myself to 'step-up' to Destroyers because I thought it was something I should do. Came back to my senses and got back to the Wraith full force. FH or BH this disc feels best in my hand, fits my arm speed and performs better than any other I've tried for max distance. From max weights that are OS and fight the wind to my 160(ish) blizzards that are stable bombers. Every other area of my bag has seen a lot of change over the years, for the better.

Stable Distance Driver. Been using the D1 for two years (destroyer previously) and only recently added a D2.
Second would be the utility slot

Last edited:
Overstable PnA: Scale
I've been throwing these since we first released them and I don't suspect I will ever change. The beauty of this disc is that I love it so much that I'm certain I'd be throwing it still if we weren't responsible for making it.

Straight Fairway: Crave
Ever since the Crave was released I've bagged them. They're the perfect disc to build a fairway arsenal around. Deadly straight but also capable of some very nice line shaping. Added bonus points that they're flat topped and available in a few plastics.

The rest of my bag has been pretty fluid but it's settled in nicely overly the last year or so. The Raptor, Ptero, Roc, Bard and Serpent aren't going anywhere. The Tyrant is also going to quickly become my most thrown driver once we hit production.

Well, over 13 years, everything has changed... Since switching to mostly Prodigy a few years ago, I'd say my D2 for Max Distance. For 3-4 years before that it was a Z Nuke. So that slot has changed the least, even though it has seen a few coup de grace.

In the last year, my Scales. As soon as I threw one last summer, I was hooked. I cycle different plastic depending on the temp, but they kicked everything else out of the putter, approach, and driving putter slots and they aren't going anywhere!

Last edited:
I've kept two xl's (one beat in, one fresh) for fairways for years.

I've also kept aviars and breakers for putters since the breaker came out.

Teebird as main fairway driver. Hasn't left the bag since it's been in.

Like it says, what slot in your bag has changed the least?

I'd say OS fairway, because I have thrown Predators for so long, but right now I'm trying out the Felon. It's going to have to be really good to take that spot though.

Other than that, Rocs and Comets have been mainstays in my bag for years. Sometimes I don't carry both, but it's been one or the other for probably 6-7 years.

I pretty much started with a Champ Banshee that was my favorite disc. I lost it. After crying, I tried some new Banshees. They just weren't the same...

I used to bag a Champion Banshee. Moved on to a Resistor and am not looking back. Every single one I've seen looks exactly the same (super flat). I bag two (174g) and use them interchangeably because they fly the same. Yes, everyone recommends what they throw but this one is special.

I've had a XXX in my bag since my second year playing. I have no plans of ever taking it out.

The Stalker was my longtime fairway, but the Crave has pretty well replaced it.

Axiom is pretty new to discs, but I don't see the Envy going anywhere, and likely not the Crave or Alias either.

Seems that putters and midranges get cycled the least. That doesn't include driving putters which is always changing due to conditions.

So for right now I'm putting with judges and throwing truths for mids.

There are three discs in my bag that haven't lost their spot for going on five years or more, putting putter, overstable throwing putter, and overstable driver. The Wizard, Zone, and PD are as close to being tenured as they can get.

I've switched putters, fairways, and distance drivers all in the last 3 years but I've always thrown Rocs. Love'em!