• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] why are RC3's so pricey?

bilythekid

Par Member
I am confused about the current "values" of these discs. Innova sold the Bigbird stamped rocs to dealers, at dealer prices, and now people are paying nearly 500% cost in less than a month? Why?

What gives?

Is it the best disc ever?

Does demand finally outweigh supply in this sport?

Please clarify my confusion if possible. Thanks.

people think they will be rare.... I guess they may come out with the big bird stamp... who knows.

because this sport is full of spiteful wanna- be's who dont want good players like me to have nice plastic.

just stupid if you ask me. I think 40 is reasonable for some of the really nice ones, but 60+ come on man. I simply will never buy anything from those folks on principle.

I am losing faith in the Marketplace, hence the new signature. . .

because this sport is full of spiteful wanna- be's who dont want good players like me to have nice plastic.

^if you are that good, shouldn't your sponsor give you these?

I mean if you don't have a sponsor you're just as good as everyone else hording them.

People are just marking them up because they're Champion Rocs. The 1st run and Big Bird stamps are supposedly only for the initial runs. Luckily, I buy my discs from a place that doesn't mark up their first run (star stamp) discs and sells their limited discs for reasonable prices. RC3s are like 19.99 there.

CHAMP ROC.

absolutely, maybe, uh-uh.

depends on the mold and the plastic, sometimes even colors and weights.

Q: why are RC3's so pricey?
A: The truth: because people are willing to pay for them. Supply & Demand. If people want them, you can charge more for them, and/or if there's a limited supply, people will pay more for them. It's that simple.
For one thing Rocs are very popular - so create a new Roc and they're will be some sort of buzz about it (no pun intended). If they'd named the same mold the Lion or Kingfish, it creates less sensation, and maybe people aren't willing to pay premium prices.

v Hysell may be onto something here. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I heard that putting one in your bag raised your player rating by 10 points. It's the same as the horsepower increase you get by putting racing stickers on your car.

who cares? plastic is only worth what u wanna pay for it

I heard that putting one in your bag raised your player rating by 10 points. It's the same as the horsepower increase you get by putting racing stickers on your car.
I heard just being on the same card with someone who has one raised it 3 points. That's the aura they have.

I want to go see Fleetwood Mac this coming spring. There are three possible venues I could do this at, but shows at all of them are sold out. Of course, I can go to Stubhub and pay someone (more like some agency) who already has the tickets 3-10x their face value for theirs, and if I do that, I've made an assessment that the experience will be worth the hyper inflated price.

Now, because I do that are Fleetwood Mac going to get Christine McVie to fly back from England and rejoin the band just for the show I attend, and proceed to put on the greatest performance of their lives? Umm, not likely.

But people paying buku bucks for RC3's are buying into that mentality.

i heard that putting patches on your bag of brands you don't use also does this. huk lab patches are worth a 20 point ratings boost though.

A large number (probably majority) of people that bought them from dealers, bought them to profit rather than throw. As soon as they had them in hand, they wanted to sell for big profits. It's the same thing that happens at the Factory Store. It's the disc golf equivalent of scalping.

If you're not willing to pay the price, just give it time, there will be a production run and the market will flatten out with prices coming back to earth.

Now, because I do that are Fleetwood Mac going to get Christine McVie to fly back from England and rejoin the band just for the show I attend, and proceed to put on the greatest performance of their lives? Umm, not likely.

Fleetwood Mac - Christine McVie =/= Fleetwood Mac

Sorry, off topic, but had to be said.

I am confused about the current "values" of these discs. Innova sold the Bigbird stamped rocs to dealers, at dealer prices, and now people are paying nearly 500% cost in less than a month? Why?

What gives?

Please clarify my confusion if possible. Thanks.

no one has discovered the z wasp yet

I heard just being on the same card with someone who has one raised it 3 points. That's the aura they have.

I want to go see Fleetwood Mac this coming spring. There are three possible venues I could do this at, but shows at all of them are sold out. Of course, I can go to Stubhub and pay someone (more like some agency) who already has the tickets 3-10x their face value for theirs, and if I do that, I've made an assessment that the experience will be worth the hyper inflated price.

Now, because I do that are Fleetwood Mac going to get Peter Green & Danny Kirwan to fly back from England and rejoin the band just for the show I attend, and proceed to put on the greatest performance of their lives? Umm, not likely.

But people paying buku bucks for RC3's are buying into that mentality.

FIFY :)

Latest posts