• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wife says "Change hobbies…"

Step 1--Buy an Xbox one or a new Ps3 for the family for Christmas with 5 nice good games, add a shooter game like CoD or Gta5
Step 2-- proceed to play those games on the main TV with you kids for hours on end, basically until your kids have lost their minds and that's all they think about.
Step 3-- Watch and wait while on the couch cleaning your discs.

Considering the responses in this thread I'm feeling very sorry for the wives of most disc golfers.

Most of the responses are typical internet tuff guy type responses. People advocating that they would never let their wife tell them what to do are likely the first to do whatever they are told.

Most of the responses are typical internet tuff guy type responses. People advocating that they would never let their wife tell them what to do are likely the first to do whatever they are told.

Hahaha! :clap:
I bet you're correct!

you ever watch Key & Peele?

To a certain degree Thumber, but my 30 year marriage has never been built on needing permission to do anything.(or her) We have always respeceted one another enough, to never have to ask or tell, the other what to do.

I guess my wife rocks. I told her I would be playing disc golf all day Saturday, and she said she is happy to have me out of the house so she can catch up some some cleaning and laundry. True story. I was like----> :hfive:

the reason why my girlfriend and i aren't married after 10 years is that neither of us are interested in marriage. also, she knows better than to tell me what i am allowed to do and i know better than to tell her what she is allowed to do. that is why we are together. nothing internet tuff guy about it.

i really do feel for you guys who need permission to live.

I'm with ya. I was married to an unrelenting nag once. That didn't work out so well. Now I'm married to a cool chick who has her stuff together, and understands you marry somebody for who they are, not for what you think you can turn them into.

I highly suggest waiting to get married until after 35...it's tough to REALLY know what you want until then.

understands you marry somebody for who they are, not for what you think you can turn them into..

^^^^exactly....so many women need to understand that one. most guys get it naturally.

^^^^exactly....so many women need to understand that one. most guys get it naturally.

Sure, but you guys are crazy if you think:

"Sorry honey, I'm gonna go get high and play Disc golf with my friends, while you tend the kids, because that is just who I am"

is a valid excuse. That might fly if your relationship is:

Man=bread winner
Woman=housekeeper.

But not if you share those duties. You got to work things out so there is some equality.

Just like your wife can't say:

"I just criticize you all the time because that is who I am"

LOL. This is funny. Yeah I bet if you took her to Blue Valley in Kansas for a round in July, she would reconsider her "not real exercise" comment, or what about a couple of rounds at Hyland Hills in MN? Make sure you fill her bag with atleast 15 discs and 2 full water bottles, don't forget your chair & snacks.

I've seen some new families bring their newborn out onto the course. Wife and husband were playing, while carefully navigating the baby around in a stroller with huge monster truck type wheels.

"Sorry honey, I'm gonna go get high and play Disc golf with my friends, while you tend the kids, because that is just who I am"

Man=bread winner
Woman=housekeeper.

But not if you share those duties. You got to work things out so there is some equality.

I think you are saying the same thing. Having kids was your choice, as is the associated nurturing and time dedicated to the decision. I wish to work to maintain my particular choice of lifestyle, that choice is mine and mine alone. My wife does not "allow" me to disc golf over cutting the grass. I am a grown azz man, and that requires decisions. Sooo, I pay someone to cut the grass and go play disc golf, no permission needed, everyone is happy. :D

LOL. This is funny. Yeah I bet if you took her to Blue Valley in Missouri for a round in July, she would reconsider her "not real exercise" comment, or what about a couple of rounds at Hyland Hills in MN? Make sure you fill her bag with atleast 15 discs and 2 full water bottles, don't forget your chair & snacks.

The Blue Valley couse in Kansas is a piece of cake. We try not to give Kansas any credit if we don't have to. :D

Man=bread winner
Woman=housekeeper.

I have to disagree with you on this one.

The thing is, you date someone long enough to establish how they are and how they treat you and other people. You get to see the good and bad. Then you decide if you want to marry or enter into a long term relationship with this person.

I dated a crazy@ss for about a year or so...there were fun times, but how she treated me and her lack of trust was intolerable.

Met my wife a few years later.... (been married for over 12 years and we have a child)

She encourages me to do my own thing and I do the same for her...it has been that way from the beginning. I like to DG and she likes to go to Dance class. Sometimes we join each other. Not because the other wants it, but because we want to be a part of each other's "fun".

In the end it boils down to this: trusting in each other and self respect and the respect of your partner.

For me, abiding by the above allows me to clearly see where I am needed in family life, time with my spouse, and personal time.

I've seen some new families bring their newborn out onto the course. Wife and husband were playing, while carefully navigating the baby around in a stroller with huge monster truck type wheels.
I've done this. Only I had a four year old and a newborn with me on the course, and my wife was at home, probably watching football.
My son now is more interested in the walk in the woods than the actual discing, but my little girl is taking a real shine to the game. :3
20130609_144527.jpg

Last edited:
My wife plays with me. She's better than most guys I've played with.

Either way, aside from all the ridiculous comments, a healthy marriage is built on mutual respect and understanding that each need to have their own interests and time apart.

Offer to tend the kids while she goes and does something she enjoys. Make it an equal balance. Force her out of the house. She will thank you later.