• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wife says "Change hobbies…"

I've done this. Only I had a four year old and a newborn with me on the course, and my wife was at home, probably watching football.
My son now is more interested in the walk in the woods than the actual discing, but my little girl is taking a real shine to the game. :3
20130609_144527.jpg

That's the good stuff right there.

...you marry somebody for who they are, not for what you think you can turn them into.

Like the saying goes:

A woman goes into marriage hoping he'll change, but he doesn't.
A man goes into marriage hoping she won't change, but she does.

I'd like to watch somebody try to push a stroller around Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI. I could barely drag my butt around there twice.

"Sorry honey, I'm gonna go get high and play Disc golf with my friends, while you tend the kids, because that is just who I am"

i stopped reading after this incredibly stupid comment. cant even get our own to stop with the stereotype. sad.

I think I finally figured out why the wife doesn't want you to play disc golf....

All the scantily dressed women on the course, due to the newly amended PDGA dress code.

To a certain degree Thumber, but my 30 year marriage has never been built on needing permission to do anything.(or her) We have always respeceted one another enough, to never have to ask or tell, the other what to do.

This is my point as well. Marriage is about cooperation and compromise. My comment was aimed at the tuff guy talkers. If their interweb attitude is anything close to real life then there must be some unhappy marriages out there

OP, Jamnjoshua,
I have pics just like your profile pic. Very nice.
The wife made me unload a bunch of plastic once, but that's the worst I've had.
Press on gently. Any relationship has many compromises, this is just another.