• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Windy Day Emergency Putter?

Chucktown

Eagle Member
I am playing today and the wind keeps getting stronger and stronger. I putt with a Wizard, which seems to do ok up to about 10 mph, but when gusts are above 20mph it just flies away from the chains. Wizards are the only putters I own, are there any discs you suggest to putt with on windy days that I may already own? Maybe something like a gator?

175 Champ Rhyno should do the trick- just try to find a grippy one so you can putt with it easier. Or check out some of Vibram's stuff for a similar feel...I think they have a putter more overstable than the Wizard, but not sure.

Made some putts last Saturday with a pretty strong headwind using my usual 170g Magic. Will say it made me focus a lot more when I realized I was in that situation.

I used my Zone for a ton of short putts and approach shots last weekend in a tourney and took second in AM. I'd say it saved me 2 strokes a round, no kidding.

stick with the wiz and modify your putting line.... why go with something unknown and untested (to you).. I putt with my wizards all day in the wind... if you are scurred, pull out a middy

ESP Zone.
Somebody can close the thread now:cool:

Make sure you don't putt nose up.

I watched a dude nail a 30' putt with a cobra while I hosed a 15' with my gator in heavy winds.

It's all technique, nose up and spin being key, if you push putt you bettah have some force behind it because if it slows too much thar she blows.

You shoul NEVER miss a 15 ft putt with a gator! Lol and when i suggested using it, it still requires practice. Just gives me more hope when im 40 ft out in a 20 mph head wind.