• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World Record Attempt

Can you add the lengths of the holes next to your hole stats?

Give the kid a break - don't you think he's done enough already?

Mr. Sale: Stats are quite impressive as is the feat.
I respect your authorité!

Last edited:
Thanks for getting us live a little on the wild side as you made history, Mike. Nicely done. You should get a disc done of some sort to commemorate the achievement.

congrats man!! i'd probably have dropped 25lbs during this bad boy at least!! awesome thing to be in the book of world records for!!

Instead of a bike next time you should have a golf cart......... Just an idea....

Now you're totally ready for some of those iron man marathons. That is a crazy run man. Respect!

i said i would throw in a buck for each ace so since there were only 2 i will give you a credit for 18 more and make it an even 20, nice work matrix, awesome accomplishment sir!

i'm jealous! what is the world record for most discs carried for a tournament? i heard there was one guy that had close to 200. but is there a record for most disc in the bag/carried with you?

Okay so I've spent the last hour or so studying my spreadsheet and looking through stats and compiling as many stats as possible. The only stat that will come with questions is "distance biked". The PDGA rules states that from your first drive to your last putt, you must be on foot, but it doesn't matter how you get from the last hole to the first tee pad once you complete a round. Therefore, we had a bike for the gap each round.

Here we go

Start - 9:18 AM 2/10/13
Stop - 9:03 AM 2/11/13
Length of Day - 10 hours 59 minutes
Sunset 2/10/13 - 5:32 PM
Sunrise 2/11/13 - 6:42 AM
Holes Played -1310
Bogeys - 16
Birdies -1009
Pars - 283
Aces - 2 (Hole 94 and 631)
Chain-Outs - 11
Metal Hits - 6
Worst Round - 2 under
Best Round - 10 under (Round 11)
Average Round - 20.06
Birdies Averaged Per Round - 6.939
Total Score - 998 Under
Total Throws - 2932
Distance Traveled - 78.1 Miles
Distanced Biked - 8 Miles
Perfect Rounds - 9, 11 (-10), 15, 35, 36, 43, 61, 73, 75, 92, 108, 131 (12 total)
-8 Rounds - 45
-7 Rounds - 34
-6 Rounds - 30
-5 Rounds - 14
-4 Rounds - 7
-3 Rounds - 3 (including last round which I only played 5 holes)
-2 Rounds - 1
Longest Break - 7 Minutes
Times I wanted to quit - 12 hours in, 17 hours in, and most especially 20 hours in.
Pairs of Socks used - 3 (1 short cut, 2 smart wool)
Pairs of Shoes used - 1
Discs Used - 2 (Comet (1-5) and Predator (6-9) up until the last 4 hours, then Predator all 9 holes + Putters that were being handed to me by Volunteers
Volunteers Used ~ 20
Most Birdies in a row - 22 (round 34-36)
Hole Birdied most consecutive rounds - 35 times, hole 8, round 62-97

Hole Breakdown
Hole 1 - 8 Bogeys, 40 Pars, 97 Birdies, 1 Ace. Total Throws - 346 Avg Score - 2.37
Hole 2 - 1 Bogey, 44 Pars, 101 Birdies. Total Throws - 338 Avg Score - 2.31
Hole 3 - 1 Bogey, 31 Pars, 114 Birdies. Total Throws - 325 Avg Score - 2.22
Hole 4 - 1 Bogey, 23 Pars, 122 Birdies, 1 Ace. Total Throws - 315 Avg Score - 2.15
Hole 5 - 30 Pars, 116 Birdies. Total Throws - 322. Avg Score - 2.20
Hole 6 - 4 Bogeys, 54 Pars, 87 Birdies. Total Throws - 352. Avg Score - 2.42
Hole 7 - 30 Pars, 115 Birdies. Total Throws - 320. Avg Score - 2.20
Hole 8 - 9 Pars, 136 Birdies. Total Throws - 299. Avg Score - 2.06
Hole 9 - 1 Bogey, 45 Pars, 99 Birdies. Total Throws - 337. Avg Score - 2.32

Score on Record Breaking Hole - Birdie

Who's got questions?

Awesome compilation of statistics! I was proud of my -642 under par day, but you were on fire all the way through. I also stopped 20 minutes out. At some point, enough is enough. The local newspaper guy showed up right at the 24 hour mark, and asked me why I wasn't still playing. The look of death I shot him answered his question pretty well. I have a couple of questions for you.

How soon after did you play your next round?

Did you go for birdies, or aces, or both? Did it depend on the hole?

Who's got questions?

I'd be curious to know how the logistics worked in the end. How many volunteers? Did you have to carry discs, or were they able to hand them to you as you went? You mentioned two molds, how many physically different discs did you use? Were they in reasonable shape at the end of the ordeal?

Again, congratulations!

I'd be curious to know how the logistics worked in the end. How many volunteers? Did you have to carry discs, or were they able to hand them to you as you went? You mentioned two molds, how many physically different discs did you use? Were they in reasonable shape at the end of the ordeal?

Again, congratulations!
It's all there...
Longest Break - 7 Minutes
Times I wanted to quit - 12 hours in, 17 hours in, and most especially 20 hours in.
Pairs of Socks used - 3 (1 short cut, 2 smart wool)
Pairs of Shoes used - 1
Discs Used - 2 (Comet (1-5) and Predator (6-9) up until the last 4 hours, then Predator all 9 holes + Putters that were being handed to me by Volunteers
Volunteers Used ~ 20

Most Birdies in a row - 22 (round 34-36)
Hole Birdied most consecutive rounds - 35 times, hole 8, round 62-97

Who's got questions?

All but, How many comets and predators. and how they looked after being thrown that much, i believe he started with brand new discs. Would love pics of them!

And how the 20 volunteers were used.

"How many volunteers? Did you have to carry discs, or were they able to hand them to you as you went?"

I suppose I could have clarified, "How many volunteers did you have at a time, what'd the distribution look like through the day, how were they used?"

But, I figured inquiring about the logistics, with a few examples, pretty well covered it.

Latest posts