• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
May 2nd and 3rd
http://www.wbdgw.com/

I've been looking forward to this event for quite some time since it is one of the very few times that Circle R (just outside of Austin) will be open to the public in the last 6 months or so. Also, I'm hoping that there will be some pros out there that can help me with my grip/form. It's crazy how long I played this game using improper form. I honestly thought I would never improve in this game, but after finding this site I have totally changed my grip and form and have improved my max distance by about 80-100 feet and my accuracy as well.

Anyway, I digress. Is anyone else planning on going to one of these events in your city? Or better yet, anyone planning on going to Circle R in Wimberly?

Is it a tournament or something? The website is very vague and the links for info and registration do not work. Did you register online?

Last edited:
I'm gonna go play just to be part of it. Funny thing is, Sunday's my wife's birthday and she's cool with me taking off anyway. Is that love or what?

The links for registration/info are email links. I think if you want a specific tee time you can email that link and request it, but I'm just going to register when I get there as I'm not sure exactly when I'm going to make it out there. I'm guessing that they are having a small invite-only tourney because I read something about top scores being counted, but I'm not too sure on this. Maybe there is a registration for the tourney portion?

WBDGW

Yeah, i'm outside of Corpus Christi, in Beeville. I was gonna go to Wimberly 'cause I lived in Round Rock for 7 years and never got a chance to play it but, i'm goin instead to San Antonio for the Bud Open since a few of my playing partners here are headed that way. Wherever you are it should be badass im sure!

Yeah, i'm outside of Corpus Christi, in Beeville. I was gonna go to Wimberly 'cause I lived in Round Rock for 7 years and never got a chance to play it but, i'm goin instead to San Antonio for the Bud Open since a few of my playing partners here are headed that way. Wherever you are it should be badass im sure!

They are having WBDGW at Jack Brooks in Hitchcock, TX May 2 and 3

i wish i was that lucky. my wife says i can do whatever i want but dont expect any fun time in return:(

Remember, it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission! Having said that - I'm glad my wife gave me permission to play Shawshank this weekend.

Double standards are cool!

Rockwall Texas is having one this weekend but we are having a cookout the same time...

What is it? From the small amount of info I have seen it seems like a creative way for them to sell some $7.00 discs for $25.00.

What is it? From the small amount of info I have seen it seems like a creative way for them to sell some $7.00 discs for $25.00.

For me, it's a chance to play Circle R, which I've always wanted to do. I'll also be able to get some advice from players much better than myself.

Remember, this is a private pay-to-play course that costs 10 bucks to play when it was actually open to the public. You then get a Worlds' Biggest t-shirt and custom stamped disc for 25 dollars. So let's say the t-shirt is 10 dollars and the discs they have are $7, that would mean you actually save $2 in the whole affair and you get to play two of the best courses in central Texas. Sounds like money well-spent to me.

WBDGW is basically a weekend to promote the game, introduce new people to it, and raise some charity money in the meantime. Its very similar to the Ice Bowl program held during the winter time, the noticeable differences being that its held at all its participating locations on the same weekend, and some of the charity money goes to DG related programs like EDGE.

Although its a worldwide event, specific locations do seem to be concentrated in certain areas of the county so it really hasn't caught on everywhere.

http://www.wbdgw.com/09locations.html