• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worse weekend of disc golf.

I3ooI3oo

Birdie Member
First of I have been playing regularly since mid April when I got addicted. So I am fairly new to the game. I have played with a few seasoned players and do fairly well. Though like many players I find myself looking for a stray disc in the woods every once in a while.

So my first 2 disc I got at a course while at a festival. The first is a Innova putter (not really sure which model) the second I found. It was a rare disc with no number on it. After looking it up I found it to be a 2006 Innova Christmas Wraith. It became my #1 disc. It is the fastest disc I have. I bought a few more disc so I get some friends to play. Then I found my next favorite disc a 141 Star Valkyrie with a dead head dye job on it. Really a kewl disc.

So Friday night I stop at Gordon Barnett here in Orlando. I am playing fairly well and sitting at par after 14. So I tee off and let it rip. My RHFH throw turns a little early and off into the Saw Palmettos. After an hour of searching for it the park is closing so I grab my disc and leave my favorite disc behind.

Sunday early afternoon me and some friends are playing River City, my home course, we run into another group of locals. I know them and have played with them plenty. I break out the Dyed Valk. and give it throw. I hit the tree close the red pin where they were all standing await our tee offs from the whites. When a buddy say to one the other guys isn't that your disc. They describe it to a tee including the beaching from where in was in the water where he found it. Then the dreaded question came, "hey you mind if I get that disc back?" Knowing I found it a month ago I gave it back. I figured if I lost one I would hope for the same in return.

What really got me was i used those 2 disc for 80% of my tee offs and non-putts. So now I am down from to a beast and a orc.

Not a good weekend for my bag...

First of I have been playing regularly since mid April when I got addicted. So I am fairly new to the game. I have played with a few seasoned players and do fairly well. Though like many players I find myself looking for a stray disc in the woods every once in a while.

So my first 2 disc I got at a course while at a festival. The first is a Innova putter (not really sure which model) the second I found. It was a rare disc with no number on it. After looking it up I found it to be a 2006 Innova Christmas Wraith. It became my #1 disc. It is the fastest disc I have. I bought a few more disc so I get some friends to play. Then I found my next favorite disc a 141 Star Valkyrie with a dead head dye job on it. Really a kewl disc.

So Friday night I stop at Gordon Barnett here in Orlando. I am playing fairly well and sitting at par after 14. So I tee off and let it rip. My RHFH throw turns a little early and off into the Saw Palmettos. After an hour of searching for it the park is closing so I grab my disc and leave my favorite disc behind.

Sunday early afternoon me and some friends are playing River City, my home course, we run into another group of locals. I know them and have played with them plenty. I break out the Dyed Valk. and give it throw. I hit the tree close the red pin where they were all standing await our tee offs from the whites. When a buddy say to one the other guys isn't that your disc. They describe it to a tee including the beaching from where in was in the water where he found it. Then the dreaded question came, "hey you mind if I get that disc back?" Knowing I found it a month ago I gave it back. I figured if I lost one I would hope for the same in return.

What really got me was i used those 2 disc for 80% of my tee offs and non-putts. So now I am down from to a beast and a orc.

Not a good weekend for my bag...
Easy come. Easy go.

Look on the bright side, you got to test drive a couple of discs for free.

Had a day like that today.....lost 2 wraiths and a champion boss! And I dont lose plastic..well

So the end of the weekend did not mark the end my disc loosing. On my very next outing I lost my Champion Beast. It was on Hole 2 at Gordon Barnett Park. The pad is on the west side of a canal that is 15' wide, I threw and went 40' east of the canal and thought I was going to be okay. However that wicked wind decided that it was time to blow. Three little gust help persuade my disc into finding it way back into the canal. Normal this would not have cost me a disc as I am quite willing to get wet for my plastic. However the weeks worth of rain had the canal at levels i had not seen before and my disc was nowhere to be seen.

So at this point I was down to a Champion Orc as my sole driver. With a bank account looking like my childhood piggy bank. I couldn't afford any new plastic. I went out yesterday despite being down to one driver. I figured I would learn every thing this Orc can do. After 13+ holes I was not really happy with what was going on. I throw RHFH for a lot of my drives and the Orc's high speed turn kept taking it left but it never really would fade for me. I did get some good distance, 380' but it was way left of where I thought it should be.

After playing with someone I met on the course yesterday, we were talking and he offered to trade me for the Orc. Since I still did not feel comfortable with my ability to throw if RHFH I figured I would check out what he had to offer. And there is was a disc he thought he had already traded, a Star Wraith. I offer to tade straight up and it was a deal. He also sold me a FLX Surge SS for $10 .

Now I have 2 drivers and I feel a little at peace. I have 3 other disc on order but these will get me through the weekend.

My disc golf is back to a state of Zen.

I have lost a few putters using them as mid range discs... some really sweet beat in platters... grr.

I quit doing that. I carry an additional putter for mid range and my primary putter is only for chains.

Latest posts