• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would a homemade disc be understable?

agapedad

Eagle Member
Came across this site.
This technology of 3D printing is pretty cool.
I wonder if they would consider printing a disc to see what the properties would be.
I wonder if they can keep a plastic liquid long enough to push it through that machine, or if it would end up having to be a silicone type material.

Fab at Home

3d printers usually use a very fragile plastic to print with. my friends and i were disscussing the possibility of using one for this purpose but unless you can put a different plastic through the disc wouldnt last long.

Chuck said they have done it already and it "flew as expected" which probably means like crap...it is a very cool technology though and you know it will get better.

There are stereolithography machines that are capable of printing in very durable plastics with nice surface finishes, though there are also ones that will be very rough, and fragile. You just have to spend a little more if you want the good stuff.

Latest posts