• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would anyone care to share the opinion?

Just wanted to mention as well, that the thumbs up/ down doesn't really make a whole lot of difference to me one way or the other, I do the reviews to help the users decided whether or not they want to play that course. That being said I had never had a review get three thumbs down in a matter of minutes, so I wanted to make sure that I didn't make a mistake on this review.

It appears that your review is based on the experience as a whole--course design, challenge level, aesthetics, and the all important: "what are my chances of getting mugged during a round". Shame on you for thinking on such a macro level! (dripping with sarcasm) I for one appreciate all the intangibles and think you did a solid job. All the negative realities such as litter, grafiti, dangerous neighborhood, poor tees, poor signage, etc. can really take away from an otherwise well designed course. Don't let the prospect of others potentially giving you the dreaded thumbs down stop you from telling it like it is.

I think that's a good, honest review. You can only call it as you see it...and yeah don't get too bogged up in the thumbs up/down thing...it's probably just locals who learned to play on that course and in their opinion is the best in the world:)

I would categorize more info in the "pros" and "cons" section. I think the "other thoughts" section should just be a summary.

Last edited:
it was and the 3 unhelpfuls came like 5 minutes or so after posting, thought i was going to get slaughtered.
Makes me wonder if a few unsavory individuals have created sock puppet accounts.

I really think people who thumbs down a review ought to be required to give a reason for their disapproval.

Makes me wonder if a few unsavory individuals have created sock puppet accounts.

I really think people who thumbs down a review ought to be required to give a reason for their disapproval.

That would make it very helpful. I would just like to know why they voted that way, if there is an issue or something they feel I can do better I would really like to know. I mean thats what its about, how others use the review, make sure they understand and get a good view of the course. I have seen a couple people state that I should put more in the "pros/cons" section. I find this to be very helpful and will do more of this in the future, thanks for the advice guys.

I think that's a good, honest review. You can only call it as you see it...and yeah don't get too bogged up in the thumbs up/down thing...it's probably just locals who learned to play on that course and in their opinion is the best in the world:)

This is what happens in most cases, nothing needs to be changed. Just understand that locals get upset if ANYTHING negative is written about their beloved course. The system Tim has in place is great and doesn't need tweaking.

Gotta rate it as you see it man.

Or as my bosses in the Navy would say when they caught you f'ing off for 1 minute after busting your butt for 5hrs straight "Perception is reality"

I always hated that...but it is so damn true.
perception is reality as far as some thing go. But the things that really matter is a different story. If you perceive that you can fly and step off a building:eek:
Or you perceive that you are a great golfer and then enter a tournament and come in last by a 10 strokes. :eek: the locals that think their home course is better than it really is have not played many courses abroad. When I started traveling to dif courses, I found out that one of my home courses actually sucked.:(

I gave you a thumbs up. Nice review....

But, 1 issue I have is the statement, "Not in the best neighborhood." I see this a lot (not only you, trip). Some of the courses that I have seen this in their reviews, I don't even understand, because it isn't in a bad part of town or in a crappy neighborhood. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with a course and disc golf, so why not try to keep that out of the reviews, because people may be taking it to heart, when they actually live in a decent area.

For the record, I have lived in L.A. my whole life, so I know a "bad neighborhood" when I see one. There are none that I have seen near a disc golf course yet, although I haven't been to any N.Y.C courses, and actually I don't think I would say that of Brooklyn or the Bronx as well.... People live there and most places you go, there are good people

You got 9 of 11 thumbs up. 2 people voted against and they're killing your review? This sounds like an attempt to farm more votes, which apparently is working.

I took it the same way, an attempt, that is working, to bolster votes.

roadtripstuff said:
it was and the 3 unhelpfuls came like 5 minutes or so after posting, thought i was going to get slaughtered.

I usually wait a couple of weeks before I go back to see what people think of my reviews. That way I get a good idea of what it might be over time. Checking it out after 5 minutes is too short. Heck, even the next day is too short of a time to worry about your thumbs up or down. And posting for people to check it out sounds too much like trolling for votes to me.

I took it the same way, an attempt, that is working, to bolster votes.

I usually wait a couple of weeks before I go back to see what people think of my reviews. That way I get a good idea of what it might be over time. Checking it out after 5 minutes is too short. Heck, even the next day is too short of a time to worry about your thumbs up or down. And posting for people to check it out sounds too much like trolling for votes to me.

One, just to clarify, I wasn't checking on my reviews. If you look I reviewed three courses that day, and I was back at the page several times that day. I just happened to notice that it had like 3 negative votes in about 5 minutes, that had never happened before, and I had also never given such a review. This course sort of got more of a bad review than any others, and I thought one I might have been a little harsh, and two that I may have added some things, such as pokamitch said "bad Neighborhood", that some may find very unhelpful and maybe even in some cases offensive. For example, maybe some of these folks voting negative live in this neighborhood, who am I to really say it's a bad neighborhood when I don't live there and have never spent anytime there. I plan on going an removing that from my review now as it really isn't relevant to the course and if you notice in the other reviews of the course most of the reviewers say that the people that live there are very friendly, so as I said before, who am I to judge. Sorry for the rant, but I am really not fishing for votes, I really just want to make sure my reviews are good, and that I don't step over the line in some areas.

Hey pokamitch, hope I'm spelling that correctly, thanks for your input, as you can tell, I am taking your advice.

Also, if you take a look, you do take a big risk of getting more negative votes when you post like this. This review has gotten more negative votes than any of my others. I knew that going in, but I would rather get some advice about what I may have done wrong, than keep something awful in a review I have written, and if you take a look I have taken a lot of the advice that I have been given. I don't want to start an argument or anything, lord knows that is pointless in a forum and well to be quite frank petty and immature, but I also don't want everyone to think that I am fishing for votes or whatever, I assure you I am not.

Last edited:
This thread is yet another validation of my statement...

course review status does not amount to a pile of quano in a heavy rainstorm.

Bitter, vengeful votes devalue the whole thing. Small minded childish mean spirited NO VOTES clearly dissolves the validity of "course reviewer status"

Not sure how you can deal with that phenom. Some of the votes are clearly bogus... so
how does that impact course reviewer status? Genuine curiousity...

Reality is reality. Perception is what folks convince themselves reality should be!
Oprah is really good at that, it would appear.

Good review. I think its just a bunch of local hosers throwing a tantrum.

However, some of the other reviews were not very good. Very little effort was put into them. Just a few bullet points do not make a good review.

Latest posts