• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know it's too hot to throw discs when...

I think we are on the 11th day in a row over 100 here in the Dallas area. It doesn't bother me too much. I just make sure I have a cooler with ice for my drinks and a wet rag to keep my temp down.

It topped 101 today. So early this morning I walked down to the elementary school field and threw my new Glide & Buzz to see their flight path. But by 10 am it was getting too hot and I headed home after about 1 1/2hours.

You know it's 2 hot when you're playing the desert hole in Oak Grove,
And the Gorge looks like a nice clean pool you want to jump into...but you know it's disgusting:(

Texas Golf

I believe we are in the midst of our 15 straight day above 100. You get kinda used to it down here. It sucks, but I am going to play, and well I just gotta stay hydrated and find the course with the most shade!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the course with the most shade is also the hardest BY FAR around here.

Its only 93 degrees right now. I better get out there now, since its a little cooler than its been

Aren't you glad you don't live in Florida? :hfive:

I checked the temps and humidity level in florida compared to the midwest during the heat wave. The midwest beat it out on humidity and temp. In fact, from what I understand the Twin Cities had the highest dewpoint in the world, including the rainforest.

...twice in the same week you find brand new discs (still with pricetag via Academy) sitting out in open, grassy fairways. Its almost as if whoever is buying them throws them once and says "**** this heat, I'm goin home."

Good for me though. Today I got paid $15 to play a casual round at the local 9'er! :thmbup:

You know its too hot when...

When you throw your champion plastic and by the time you get to it, there is condensation due to the humidity on the bottom of the flight plate courtesy of the grass.

...twice in the same week you find brand new discs (still with pricetag via Academy) sitting out in open, grassy fairways. Its almost as if whoever is buying them throws them once and says "**** this heat, I'm goin home."

Good for me though. Today I got paid $15 to play a casual round at the local 9'er! :thmbup:

Haha thats crazy. People give up on discs way quicker when its hot out.

Latest posts