• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

You know you are addicted to disc golf when you position your computer/eat all of you meals in a spot in the house so that you can see the mailman through your window because you know there might be a goody coming. You already checked the tracking 40 times, but still that doesn't stop you from looking up at every car that passes because it just might be your lucky day.

When the mail truck does finally pull up you hide behind the blinds, anxiously peeking through while holding your breath hoping that they will start walking towards the front door.

When they don't bring your treasure, you go play disc golf to vent. When they do bring your treasure, you go play disc golf to celebrate.

when the wife sees u with the ipad and credit card in hand and dekimbe mutumbos them out of your hand.........not in my house! do u realy need more discs? let me see......takes half out or basket and sais ok.;)

Ha! Yea, that might be true, but after reading many horror stories of shattered discs I am reluctant to throw my favorite discs out in the freezing cold. My discs are no strangers to trees :eek:

I don't think new stuff cracks. I have been throwing a Big Bird roc all winter long without anything happening and that's older.

I don't think new stuff cracks. I have been throwing a Big Bird roc all winter long without anything happening and that's older.

A guy posted his buddies shattered FR Boss on Facebook a few weeks back, newest non dx disc I have seen shattered.

Any way, you know addicted when you have crusty white plastic around your lips, a la Dave Chappelle.

You know you're addicted to disc golf when...

- You play in a snow storm
- You practice putting daily
- You have disc golf stickers on your car
- You know who Holly Finley is :D
- You watch DiscGolfPlanetTV even though it isn't that great
- You know the disc golf world champions of the last 10 years
- You watch tourney coverage on Youtube
- You go to tourneys just to watch pros play
- You have discs on the wall with pros signatures
- You spend more on discs than your woman
- You're on DGCR every day
- You're willing to play alone if no friends are available to come play a round with you
-You buy discs for no other purpose than to put them on the wall
- You keep renewing your PDGA membership
- You can name more than 25 pros
- You spend more than $200 on a bag
- You know what OAT means
- You have gone to a clinic
- You measure your distance
- You know what PLH means
- You only throw certain weights of certain discs
- You try to limit molds & disc overlap in your bag
- You only buy discs with a certain PLH, dome & weight
- You weight your own discs
- You watch in the bag videos
- You have more discs than the current year (2014)

You tell your girlfriend she needs to mow the fairway and clear out the underbrush on that hole.

You cut your hand with a knife and the first reaction isn't "that hurts", it's "Omg can I still throw?"

The answer, thankfully, is yes :)

You know you are addicted when:

You are so excited about your new bag that you take it over to your mom's house, give her a rundown of why the bag is so awesome and show here every single feature that it offers.

When you find out you're going to SC for work for two days, and you book a flight for 6am the day before so you can hit courses there....and then you spend 4 work hours figuring out which courses to play.

Living at an apartment means the mailman used to leave me a note to pick my discs up the next day at the distribution office. Inevitably, this means getting my discs a day after they arrive.

Now the mailman knows my name, and knows that if he has a disc shaped package, I'll be waiting at the mailboxes when he shows up. Still haven't convinced him to try disc golf though.

Not funny, but when you can't sleep at night, and there are worries on the horizon, and disc golf is your happy place to reduce stress and relax and maybe get to sleep.

It has helped me through more than a few rough nights.

(My life is good, I just tend to worry.)

...when you've started carrying an extra bag in your truck in case you run into a friend you can talk into playing a round.

Well, OK, I actually have a DG hit list...friends and acquaintances I want to turn on to DG. The bag is to give them no excuse ;)

Latest posts