• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

I put a hole in my sock because I was x-stepping from the kitchen into the living room and my sock caught a nail in the threshold.

Scene:

Young american disc golfer walks up to the local DG kiosk at the course where a young Vietnamese woman is selling discs and those cool hats.

A: "What can I get for $10?"
V: "Anyting in my used bin"
A: "Anything?"
V: "You likey polecat? You birdie long time with polecat"
A: "You got anything in CE?"
V: "No CE $10, CE $30"
A: "How about champion?"
V: "Oh champion...you acey acey with this"
Nice. In the form of a play. keep going.. you don't expect a sequel after just that?;)

Have you tried knee-deep snow yet? Woo Hoo!!

It's especially nice when it has a good crust on top, so that half the time you're walking on top, and the other half you're breaking through and fighting through the snow. :rolleyes:

As requested:

Full Metal Basket
Screenplay

Scene 1, hole 1 of the local course, a group is gathered that looks like some kind of disc golf clinic. The local pro is addressing the group.

LP: If you finish my clinic you will be pros, chain assassins just waiting for a tournament. But until that day you are Barneys. You aren't even 2 disc douches, you are lower than that!

Because I am hard you will not like me, but you will realize that the harder I am, the more you will learn. I don't care who you are or what you are. When you leave my camp you will be able to deuce a 440' wooded tunnel shot. Do you Barney's hear me?

B: Sir, yes sir.

(The local pro approaches a player)

LP: What's your name?

P1: Jim Towson sir!

LP: BS, your name is Polecat! Do you like that name?

PC: Yes sir!

(he approaches another)

LP: Holy S… look at the ears on you boy! I would call you mini-Climo but I have seen you throw. I am gonna call you Blowfly.

BF: Yes sir!

…….

When walking in downtown St. Paul with a friend (fellow disc golfer), and a pidgeon is walking right in front of your feet, you swing your leg to shoo it away. Then after joking about just punting it, you ask "Do you think it would be overstable?"

As requested:

Full Metal Basket
Screenplay

Scene 1, hole 1 of the local course, a group is gathered that looks like some kind of disc golf clinic. The local pro is addressing the group.

LP: If you finish my clinic you will be pros, chain assassins just waiting for a tournament. But until that day you are Barneys. You aren't even 2 disc douches, you are lower than that!

Because I am hard you will not like me, but you will realize that the harder I am, the more you will learn. I don't care who you are or what you are. When you leave my camp you will be able to deuce a 440' wooded tunnel shot. Do you Barney's hear me?

B: Sir, yes sir.

(The local pro approaches a player)

LP: What's your name?

P1: Jim Towson sir!

LP: BS, your name is Polecat! Do you like that name?

PC: Yes sir!

(he approaches another)

LP: Holy S… look at the ears on you boy! I would call you mini-Climo but I have seen you throw. I am gonna call you Blowfly.

BF: Yes sir!

…….

I read that whole thing thinking it was a story. Then I re-read it and I was like... ohhhh... I'm retarded...

lol, I'd watch it

The Full Metal Basket Screenplay is classic! I had no problems imagining R. Lee Ermey as the instructor. For the movie poster, rather than a helmet with "Born to Kill" it could have one of those camo disc bags with "Born to Throw" written on it.

you spend more time thinking about disc golf than not thinking about it.

Its good to be able to multitask.

I can think about sex, dg, and approving time in SAP simultaneously.

FMB scene 1 continued:

(A player is muttering to himself) "I can ace anything because you all suck…"

LP: Who said that?, who the … said that?

(looking at another player)

LP: Was it you?

AP: No Sir

LP: You?
3P: No sir

GB: It was me, I said it

LP: Well look at you, funny man, I bet you think you can ace any hole out here don't you? DON'T YOU??

GB: No sir!

LP: I am gonna call you Goblin, because you look like a little troll and you are useless! You understand me Goblin??

GB: Yes sir!

(The pro walks down the line to an overweight player)

LP: Holy….I bet you started playing because you thought the baskets were stuffed with burgers and fries didn't you fatty?

PP: No sir!

LP: What's your name tubby?

PP: Paul Prince sir.

LP: Are you royalty? Do you throw Xcalibers because you think you are some kind of Knight?

PP: No sir.

LP: Well I don't like the name Paul and since all your other buddies are crappy mids and putters I will name you Pro Pig.

PP: Yes sir

LP: I want to see you getting deuces out there Piggy, one more bogey and you are out of my camp!

PP: Sir yes sir!

…..

Here you go...

full_metal_basket.jpg

Hey! I have my Inbox sound notification and the incoming text message sound on my phone set to the sound of a disc hitting chains. I made it myself. Didn't have to pay 3 dollars for it.

Broken

...when after breaking your throwing arm and getting it casted you still gladly go out and play rounds with your non-dominant hand to practice for those situations when you're behind an obstical and can only shoot with the other hand.

19 days down, 2 to go!

First thing I'm doing after the cast comes off is heading out for a round to stretch out!;)

Latest posts