• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your bag, four categories, break it down

Putters (5)
Champ Rhyno - Stable Drives
Star Aviar Driver - Straight
Star Aviar Driver (Beat) - Understable
Champ Aviar - Putting Putter
Champ Aviar - Backup Putting Putter

Mids (4 - 5)
Roc3 - Stable
DX Roc (New) - Stable
DX Roc (Beat) - Straight
DX Roc (Super Beat) - Under stable
Champ Gator - Stable - OS (Windy Days)

Fairway Driver (5)
Champ Banshee - Stable
Champ Teebird - Slightly Stable
Champ Teebird - Straight
Champ Teebird - Overhand
Champ Leopard - Understable

Drivers (8 - 9)
Backhand Drivers
Champ Destroyer - Stable
Star Destroyer (Slightly Beat) - Slightly Stable
Star Destroyer (Beat) - Straight
Star Destroyer (Really Beat) - Understable
Champ Monster - OS (Windy Days)

Sidearm Drivers
Champ Krait (New) - Stable
Champ Krait (Beat) - Straight
Champ Firebird (Flat Top) (New) - OS
Champ Firebird (Flat Top)(Beat) - Stable

Approach Disc
Champ Roc+ - All approaches/lay ups Backhand & Sidearm

All my putters are (175), all my Mids are (180) except my Gator which is (175) b/c they don't come in (180) :wall:, all my fairways are (175) accept my overhand Teebird which is (172). All my sidearm drivers are (175), my Destroyers are between (168 - 172) & my Monster is (175). I throw all my driving putters backhand only. I toss my Mids all backhand only besides my Gator I throw sidearm also. I separate all my distance drivers between backhand & sidearm b/c I don't have the arm for Destroyers sidearm (& b/c I'm special :|). I feel max weight putters & mids are less affected by the wind. I also feel having a different putter for putting out of the circle is BAD. First off if you use a different putter you won't be as used to it as your in the circle putter & second if you use a lighter weight it will be more affected by wind (as stated earlier). I love cycling discs like my Destroyers & Rocs b/c it lowers molds & that's always good. I only carry OS discs (Gator, Monster) for windy days & depending on the course I'll throw in my Roadrunner for rollers also.

Distance Drivers
- 175 CFR Katana, flat and stable, forehand and headwind driver
- 167 Pro Katana, understable and fast, uphill and hyzerflip shots
- 154 Eco-Star Destroyer, rarely throw, overstable driver
- 154 ESP Nuke, domey with a lot of glide, longest driver...go to distance driver

Fairway Drivers
- 167 CFR flat top Firebird, meathook, forehand and backhand skip shots
- 169 Star Teebird, stable and very predictable
- 166 Star Eagle-X, slightly flippy with a stable finish
- 175 11x KC Pro Gazelle, anhyzer forehands, headwind tunnel shots

Midrange
- Max Weight Z Hornet, can handle some power with a stable finish
- Max Weight TI Buzzz, tunnel shots with a stable finish
- Max Weight ESP Comet, anything and everything

Putter
- Max Weight Evo Wizard

Pick Six

^ This is very good.

I carry six discs so I need to choose versatile plastic.
I build my bag each round from a small cache of molds that cover all the shots I can throw.
My bag usually looks like this:
Pure Zero - Putting, short, safe approaches.
Pure Opro - Long putts, straight "Midrange" shots.
Warship Tournament - Straight to OS shots.
TeeBird - I like one that still fades at the end.
Eagle Star - I find the Eagle very versatile.
It can be hyzer flipped pretty easily with some power and when thrown flat has at least a little fade.
Distance Driver - I'll pick something out that suits the course and/or conditions I'm playing in.
If its calm, I almost always pick a Timberwolf; Firebird for the wind.
Carrying so minimally has forced me to become a pretty resourceful and creative player. My weakness is that, besides the Eagle and Pures,
I switch a lot of discs in and out of rotation, so its slower to learn all of the subtleties than if I just picked six and stuck with them.

Putters(3):
174 Eraser Voodoo- putting
174 Eraser Wizard- upshots and approaches
174 Evo Wizard- driving

Mids(4):
174 Champion Roc3- overstable, added distance/headwinds
178 Special Blend Roc (Rancho)- stable, flex shots and hyzers
180 KC Pro Roc (Rancho)- straight/stable, go-to midrange
172 Gold Line Fuse- Understable, anhyzers, turnovers

Fairways(4):
173 Icon Rival- stable, hyzers, straight shot with predictable fade
170 Pinnacle Patriot- understable, anhyzers, very straight hyzer flips
169 Echostar Roadrunner- rollers
173 Gold Line XXX- overhand and forehand

Distance(6):
155 Lucid Air Trespass- understable, max distance hyzer flips
168 Fuzion Trespass- stable, reliable long distance drives
173 GL Villain- overstable, headwinds or forehand
170 GL Riot- Stable, controlled drives, hyzers, flex shots
174 Lucid Escape- straight/stable, go-to distance driver
170 Fuzion Escape- understable, anhyzers and hyzer flips

Putters (6)

Birdie - from 2003, main putter (have a stack of 10 in the garage for practice)
Soft Magnet - very worn from 1999 for turnover putting magic
Soft Magnet - from 2012, beating in to replace '99 one, used for straight approaches now
***Star Aviar Putter used for this purpose once '12 Soft Magnet is sufficiently beaten in
DX Aviar putter - from early 2000s, slight turnover upshots
FLX Challenger - 2011 or so, upwind approaches and putts, hyzer approaches
DX Rhyno - 2002, extreme hyzer approaches and putts, have another brand-new one from 2002 that I'll maybe need to replace this one in another 10 years? Bought them both for $5.

Midranges (5)

X-Stratus - 2012, just replaced my 2000-era one, turnovers
Champion Stingray - 2001, straight 200' tunnel shots, slight turnovers
DX Roc - 2005, moderately worn, hyzer-flip shots that slightly turnover
Z-Buzz - 2011, straight shots
Z-Wasp - 2013, hyzers

Fairway Drivers

Star TL - 2006?...Replaced beloved and lost Pro TL...Straight drives

Faster Drivers (6)

Echo Star Roadrunner - 2011 - Turnover drives
Star Sidewinder - Late 2000's - Main Straight driver
Star Beast - 2011 - Longer drives that allow more room in the sky, 168g
Star Beast - 2012 - Hyzer and windy drives, 172g, throws like a different Disc than 168g one
Blizzard Destroyer that I found - Downwind distance drives where there's lots of sky
Z-Flick - 2013 - Extreme hyzer trick shots at all speeds, would love a Champion Ram

I never threw faster than a Pro TL up until two seasons ago. Was a RHFH thrower in my Am-1 tournament days (1990s-early 2000s) with lots of X-Clones, Banshees, Whippets, etc. too, hurts elbow too much to throw that way for distance anymore, learned to finally master RHBH and am a way better Disc Golfer now, but score the same as I used to muscling ugly forehands when younger. Happy to sometimes throw over 300'. Short game is way better than long game...

This may not be how they are supposed to fly, but with my noodle arm, this is what I do with these. And like my profile shows I throw LHFH, but that is only for drives, everything else is mostly BH. Most of my discs are 165g - 172g except as noted. For the longest time I've been averaging around 170g for my discs. That said as I have been replacing lost or beat discs I've been going a lighter and trying to get the discs down to around 165g. For me I've been finding lighter is longer.

Drivers:
Champion Orc - Understable - This the driver I go to for most anny drives. Although lately its been getting mad distance with a big helix.
Z Nuke - Overstable - This is my big distance disc unless its tight or I have a significant headwind.
Star Xcal - Overstable - Better into the wind with almost the same distance as the Nuke. Holds tighter lines better than the Orc or the Nuke.
Z Flick - Very Overstable - Fairly versatile really, long tight lines or spike hyzers. Very dependable for me, 3 of my 5 aces have come from Flicks.

Fairway Drivers:
150g Champion Leopard - This was my 1st love. Does everything well and is forgiving to boot. If I had to play a 1 disc round, this would be the disc I would choose.
DX Viper - Overstable - Using this disc more and more. Like the Leopard it is very dependable. If I need fairway distance and I must go right, then its always gonna be a Viper. It replaced my Predator.
150g DX Teebird - Like the Leopard only a little further. And much better into a headwind.

Mids:
Z Hornet - Overstable
Z Buzzz - Pretty much every line. Not as much right as the Hornet and not as much to the left as my understable mids. And it gets more distance than either of the other mids I throw. Probably my 2nd choice for a 1 disc round.
ESP Meteor - Understable
Z Glide - This is a wild card. I recently started using a Glide again. I've had a few collecting dust for at least a year or more. But this Summer I am giving it another go. I'm impressed. More distance easier than the Meteor. I find myself going to the Glide over the Meteor more and more.

Putters:
174g SSS Wizard - 95% of my putts.
170g SSS Voodoo - A little lighter and therefore a little more floppy. Its more understable than the Wiz so if I must go left or there is trouble to the right I'll throw the Voodoo.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I like to keep most of the discs in my bag semi fresh, that way if I lose something I don't need to be worried about finding something to replace something that has been seasoned. There are maybe two seasoned discs in my bag right now, Trident and a DX Aviar. That being said, I have a ton of different molds in each category, which I k ow the minimalists on here will hate.

6 max D: 1 Max, 2 Destroyers, 2 Trespasses and a Renegade
5 fairway: 1 Firebird, 1 beat Trident, 1 Rival, 1 Glow Gazelle, 1 Patriot
4 mids: 1 Verdict, 1 Suspect, 1 Fugitive, 1 Tursas
6 putt/approach: 1 Jokeri, 1 P2, 1 JUDGE, 1 Aviar, 2 Wizards (putting only)

Distance: 3 Halos, 2 Flows
Fairway: 1 Escape, 2 Rivals, 1 XXX, 1 Saint, 1 Patriot
Mid: 1 Truth, 2 Fugitives, 1 Tensor
Putter: 3 Pures (1 Zero, 1 GL, 1 Opto), 1 Sinus

I like to keep it simple by using duplicates of molds in different stages of wear/different plastics rather than a bunch of different types of discs.

Putters (4): 4 Wizards (3 for driving/upshots, 1 for putting)
Midranges (6): 2 Zones, 1 M2, 2 Buzzzes, 1 Meteor
Fairways (5) : 2 Leopards (pro, champ), 3 Teebirds (flippy, straight, stable/overstable)
Drivers (7): 2 Firebirds, 4 Destroyers (roller all the way to stable/overstable), 1 Xcal

Putters (4)
Gummy Champion Rhyno: Main putter
DX Champion Rhyno: Back up/Practice putter
R-Pro Pig: Approaches
Soft Magnet: Driving putter(may get kicked)

Midranges (3)
DX Cobra: Stable to US
Buzzz ESP FLX: Straight to OS
Wasp: OS

Fairway Drivers (6)
DX Gazelle: Stable to Understable
Champion Glow Gazelle: Stable
Champion TL: new to bag, haven't thrown
x11 Teebirds(x2): Stable to OS
XS: Super OS

Distance Drivers(3)
Champion Beast: Stable
Star Beast: Stable(144g)
DX Beast: Stable

Utility Discs (3)
Flat Top Star Wraith: Forehand, Stable to US
Champion Crush: Forehand, "S" flight
Star Destroyer: Overhand Thumbers

I'm constantly working with my bag and trying different discs so this is not totally my finished product.

Putters (4)
Gummy Champion Rhyno: Main putter
DX Champion Rhyno: Back up/Practice putter
R-Pro Pig: Approaches
Soft Magnet: Driving putter(may get kicked)

Midranges (3)
DX Cobra: Stable to US
Buzzz ESP FLX: Straight to OS
Wasp: OS

Fairway Drivers (6)
DX Gazelle: Stable to Understable
Champion Glow Gazelle: Stable
Champion TL: new to bag, haven't thrown
x11 Teebirds(x2): Stable to OS
XS: Super OS

Distance Drivers(3)
Champion Beast: Stable
Star Beast: Stable(144g)
DX Beast: Stable

Utility Discs (3)
Flat Top Star Wraith: Forehand, Stable to US
Champion Crush: Forehand, "S" flight
Star Destroyer: Overhand Thumbers

I'm constantly working with my bag and trying different discs so this is not totally my finished product.

I'm assuming that's a typo?

I've been carrying a Gateway backpack for about a year and I think I'm at a good place with my disc selection. It seems to fill all the gaps and leaves me room for backups of just about everything.

I don't throw much in the way of warp speed drivers, so I'd consider my 4 category loadout Putter>Mid>Driver + Utility

Putters:
Evo Wizard - main putter
Firm Judge - approach, drive, backup putter

Mids:
Star Gator (beadless) - low-glide placement shots
Z Wasp (2) - Stable/Overstable
ESP Buzzz (2) - Straight
X Stratus (2) - Understable

Drivers:
Z AvengerSS (2) - Main driver
GL Saint (2) - Stable driver (hyzer/headwind)
Opto River (2) - tunnel/fairway driver
DX Leopard (2) - Understable driver

Utility:
Pro Destroyer - skip hyzer/headwind/feeling 110%
Sparkle Opto Saint - grippier Saint
Gateway Blaze - Hyzer shots that fall in between mid and driver (happens more than it should)
Very beat up DX Cobra - water/impossible rough/blind shot disc

Here's my simple way of breaking it down:

Putt/Approach
1 overstable putter (pig)
2 neutral/workable approach (yeti)

Midrange
1 OS/FH approach (drone/firebird)
2 Stable/slightly OS (champ roc)
3 neutral/workable mid (tangent)

Fairway
1 OS fairway (firebird/predator)
2 Slightly OS fairway/utility (C-PD)
3 neutral/workable fairway (C-FD)

Distance
1 OS distance (PD2 chaos)
2 Roller/trick shot (Nuke OS)
3 Bombs (Star Destroyer)

That's it!

What about yellow & white?

White is out. In Winter white is harder to find in the snow. I don't want to change my bag based on the season.

I used to throw the dayglo yellow/green colors. But in long grasses in bright sunlight they hide too well.

With all the rain we have had this year nature is lush and thick. Why spend more time looking than you have to? In some thickets you lose skin just looking.

I know, just throw in the fairway, right? But in leagues or tournaments you don't pick your groups. When someone else shanks into the rough and you ask what color they threw, don't you hate it when they answer black or tie-dye or anything except pink, orange, red or blue?

6 Control Dirvers (super flippy, flippy straight, s-curves, straight, straight hyzer finish, OS)
3 Max Distance drivers (US, S, OS)
5 Midrange (flippy, US, S, 2x straight OS finish*)
2 Driving Putters (S, OS)
3 Upshot Putters (US, S, OS)
2 Putter (Circle, throw/jump)

*one flies farther ~30' than the other

US - under stable
S - stable
OS - over stable

For mids and drivers, 1 each of overstable, stable and understable. 2 putters that I like.

Carrying a buttload of discs just seems like its more work than it needs to be. Simplify imo.