• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your excuse for not playing today

It was sunny and warm. Very wet and muddy. Played 18 at Jones East. Left a dyemax fuzion escape on hole seventeen. Got a text about returning it.

95877333b419ebcb448a7d215d80e241954ce92eaf4cf1009af0bf577e1c02b1.jpg

I hate Mondays. Mondays are a rough transition for me since I go from doing pretty much everything during the day during the weekend since that is when normal people are active, to working 3rd shift on Sunday nights/Monday mornings through Thursday mornings. That's my excuse.

I did get in 15mi on my bike at least.

Still recovering from shoulder surgery. Three months out and still haven't regained full motion so still wishful thinking for now. Everyone who can get out and play, remember how lucky you are.

Still recovering from shoulder surgery. Three months out and still haven't regained full motion so still wishful thinking for now. Everyone who can get out and play, remember how lucky you are.

You know it. I had shoulder tendinitis a couple of years ago. I took a whole month off which wasn't fun. Then it took over a month for me to work back up to full speed after starting out very slowly. So I can appreciate your situation, and mine didn't even require surgery. Wishing you a quick recovery! :thmbup:

worked until dark moving a full dump truck load of sand/soil mix in a torrential downpour. should be on the course by 2pm tomorrow though.

Played yesterday to celebrate the first day above 40 in months. I'll go back in a week or so when the snow melts, the teepads aren't icy and all the water runs off the courses. I think I set my game back by a month trying to play yesterday.

I find that winter golf is all about adjusting goals and expectations. With icy teepads I treat each drive as a chance to work on my accuracy and control. No need for a run up, I stand and deliver and have actually seen my accuracy improve. Some people look for excuses not to do something and some people seek out reasons to do something.

i don't have an excuse for today(don't need one) but i did put an end to the excuse i'd had for several week. "nowhere to throw around here."

found a park with a nice open field and only 5-6 minutes away. so no more excuses for me

Latest posts