• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your first ace. What was the disc?

First ace was with a P-38 Lightning on #9 at McLean Central Park. Since there was no witness it didn't happen (just as well, the hole is only about 140'), my first real (witnessed) ace came on Burke Lake #8 (then #11) with a patent pending Aero (219').

patent pending aero, 1986, Brown Deer Park original course #7

A star katana/wraith x out that I found in the lake. I lost my katana in the lake and took the katana/wraith to another short 9 holer. Didn't expect to even come close but it kicked off a tree and hit the chains. This was before I learned about what discs I should be throwing and was on a 247 ft hole. This was last June. I don't even throw Katanas now! Thanks to this site I have learned that that disc was way to much for me.

A champion monarch on a semi tunnel shot hole. 293 feet. I don't use the disc anymore because I don't particularly like it. Just thought I'd throw it on that hole and ended up getting an ace with it.

lol... mine is hilarious it was before I knew what I was doing... Hole #4 at Acorn Park 114' WITH A NUKE...lol

It is the only skip ace I have ever had though so that is kinda cool.

Champ monster skip ace.
The week before I made the exact shot hit every chain in the basket and it spit out.
I was playing with another buddy explained what happened same disc, same shot stuck it!

An XD at hole #1 in Woodland Mound many years ago. I wish I had a video of the flight. It did 2 wind bounces then seemed like it got close to the baskets the left side of disc angled down and dove into the chains. Amazing it stuck since it was a Mach 1, single set of chains with a shallow basket.

1st. Pro Katana over a tree
2nd. Pro Boss on same hole over tree
3rd. Skip of concrete.
4th. Regular Hyzer with Cannon
5th. Skip off dirt.