• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Nightmare Hole

Had some free time here's the line I speak of, give it a shot next time you're there, much easier than the LHBH anny

hole5.jpg

Is that the infamous hole 5 at Pier Park? Grrr! :gross:

I played a tournament on Saturday that had OB everyone because it was 18 holes made out of a 12 hole course, but for the most part it wasn't that bad. However there was one island hole, about 250' through a couple trees. During my first round I birdied this hole, but on my second round I slipped on my drive and threw OB, then from the drop zone I fluffed my upshot and it went OB. Now very frustrated I grab another disc out of my bag and throw it and it goes out of bounds. I decide to take a second, throw my 3rd shot from the drop zone onto the island, miss the put, end up taking a 9ppp.

It wasn't so much the hole that is my nightmare, but what I did that is haunting. That 9ppp cost me my first Advanced win, but I won't let that happen again.

Where was this at?

Hole 10 Jordan Creek. 500 feet uphill a narrow, rocky fairway with a sharp dropoff to the right, topped off with a pin located on a rocky slope at a 60 degree grade.

UGGGHH. Not terribly difficult, but loves to take your disc. If you hit one of the trees in the middle, there is a chance your disc will bounce off and go in the water.:thmbdown:
Picture did not show up, it is 11B at The Rez.

Last edited:
My nightmare hole,

hole 16 at west park. blind throw off a hill about 250-260 (maybe) through tons of trees and weeds, to a basket, with a public road literally 2 feet behind it.

pfft... hole 12 at Summit....

imagine a teepad... imagine a basket... imagine a million 2 in thick trees between the two... that's hole 12

f that hole,

and mashnuts ridiculous split every damn gap in the trees to park the hole - roller.

op ive played PP hole 5 and its not tough, but has a lot of x-factors. i can see how it can be 'that hole' for sure.

my 'that hole' (read: nemisis) is hole 2 on the back 18 of la mirada:

2def2090.jpg

shoots over a valley and then uphill. double mando gates-of-hell at about 230'.

I think it's more like 265... You've had some amazing Z Nuke shots on that hole. Remember The Gun throwing that hole and almost going over the fence into the Waterpark? Wow.

I'd say mine is on La Mirada Front Hole # 16. Also uphill, 342 feet in the long position and just a wicked drainage canal running through the middle that often makes the entire hillside soggy:

1c868275.jpg

This hole has handed me my @ss multiple times. El-Kabong can testify to this.

We have a voucher!^^^^

That hole uses my a$$ for a trampoline...but have only played it 4 times.

One day soon, Kabong will triumph...oh yes, that hole will cower in terror

At least OCDG and I have a support group for it....

bc7baad2_m.jpg

Hole 16 at Charlie Vettiner Park in the summer (trees grown up)... Forces you to throw a 150 ft hyzer shot off the tee... then 300 ft uphill - with obstacles if the tee shot isn't placed well - to a guarded basket on a rocky surface on a steep hill (read: putts rolling way away)... This hole kills me every round :wall:

# 16 at buckhorn .....its like a right angle dog leg left from the blue tees .....you just have to toss a lil putter up to the white tee then throw to the basket.......the woods are to thick to cut through the dog leg.....not a big fan of this one

#6 on the deep 9 at Whitehall MI

Open field slightly uphill to a narrow 6-8 foot gap with low ceiling(about 400ft). Opens up again, and begins to narrow slightly downhill with low ceiling to the basket(about 300ft).

The hole is quite long, and the second shot has to be absolutely amazing. For par, the putt is almost always like 100 feet if you got off a descent second shot.

For locals, they know it's about one of the trickiest par 3s anywhere.

^^^not only this, it's retarded.
hated that effin' hole, enjoyed the rest of the deep though.

Hole 15 at Walnut Ridge in Des Moines, IA is no picnic, either. It's a 620' tunnel shot where there's a steep drop off on the left side of the fairway. The first time I played it it took 4 shots to get to the am tee pad.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=64&mode=gal&view=hole&hole=15&page=1

Touché. That hole looks very intimidating, yet fun :thmbup: 620' through those woods is a long way. Do you play the hole as a par3?

What do you throw there? DX Teebird? Seeing the picture I'd probably throw a Valk rhbh, or something fh