• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Nightmare Hole

lokirising

Banned
Was there ever a hole that always frustrated you to no end on a particular course? Mine is always hole 5 at Pier Park.

Hole 5 at Pier Park is to the far left and is a blind hole. I throw LHBH, and my anhyzers aren't that great. Did I mention Pier Park also has lots of big trees?

op ive played PP hole 5 and its not tough, but has a lot of x-factors. i can see how it can be 'that hole' for sure.

my 'that hole' (read: nemisis) is hole 2 on the back 18 of la mirada:

2def2090.jpg

shoots over a valley and then uphill. double mando gates-of-hell at about 230'.

op ive played PP hole 5 and its not tough, but has a lot of x-factors. i can see how it can be 'that hole' for sure.

my 'that hole' (read: nemisis) is hole 2 on the back 18 of la mirada:

2def2090.jpg

shoots over a valley and then uphill. double mando gates-of-hell at about 230'.

I think I'll pass on that hole.

#5B at Seneca. It shouldn't be that hard but there's an OB creek to cross (with a couple trees to kick you back into it) and an OB creek all along the left side. It's a challenging hole but I make it harder than it is. It's only 413'/491' short/long tees. #6C is everyboby's nightmare. :D

fcfecf9e_m.jpg

Last edited:
#5B at Seneca. It shouldn't be that hard but there's an OB creek to cross (with a couple trees to kick you back into it) and an OB creek all along the left side. It's a challenging hole but I make it harder than it is. It's only 413'/491' short/long tees. #6C is everyboby's nightmare. :D

fcfecf9e_m.jpg

Love that hole and that course! No joke about 6C.:wall:

cant remember the hole # but this is one of the cross country holes (part of the red course) at Codorus in PA. Less than 300' but plenty tough ... next time I go I'm going to try a roller :D

Attachments

• IMG00128.jpg
    IMG00128.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 65
I had a nightmere course today. A new course I had never played. 9 holes, kind of dangerous course design. tee boxes next to pins, crossing fairways Every thing I did turned to crap. Fishburn in roanoke va. embarrassed to admit it.

This is my favorite course , Gulf Meadows in Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, Tx. Hole #9 always eats my lunch. I have only birdied it once. Its not a long hole, about 279ft, but the trees on the left and right, and the horrible mess you will get into on the left if you don't hit the opening, all make this hole a pain. Here are a couple of pics:

JackBrooks91.jpg

JackBrooks9-2.jpg

Hole #15 @ Deer Lakes

I love the view from the tee, But I hate when my disc hits a branch and heads into the water! ARRGGHH! :mad:

Attachments

• hole15.jpg
    hole15.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 84
It's new, but #16 at Liberty University. It's a double 'S' turn (it has three curves in it). The last two turns aren't that much, but it's just implausible to get a good score on the hole. My scores on it are (if I can remember right), 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 5, 5, 7. And the worst part is that I only aim to get a 4 every time. I (attempt to) play 2 nice 150' approach shots on the hole then putt twice, but I just can't put together that right combination of shots. Oh well.

Hole 15 at Eagle County Fairgrounds in Eagle, CO

528c0b2d.jpg

The picture I took is misleading as it is actually from a positoin a bit forward from the tee box. Plus, this is late in the season when the overgrowth is much less dense.

There are two ways through. The super narrow straight shot or the high hole to the right which is blocked by an angled limb not visible in the pic.

If you get out its an easy 3 but if you don't it can kick you directly into the river only a few yards away to the left. Plus the shule is thick and ridiculously thorny on both sides.

Only birdied it once with a long putt. Lots of 5s taken on it. And the next hole, 16, isn't much better.

This is my favorite course , Gulf Meadows in Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, Tx. Hole #9 always eats my lunch. I have only birdied it once. Its not a long hole, about 279ft, but the trees on the left and right, and the horrible mess you will get into on the left if you don't hit the opening, all make this hole a pain. Here are a couple of pics:

Tried playing the Hyzer shot over all the trees? I know you don't claim to have a lot of power, but those trees don't look like they are all that tall.

Tried playing the Hyzer shot over all the trees? I know you don't claim to have a lot of power, but those trees don't look like they are all that tall.

I have tried that , but it is risky. The best shot is to go for the opening. That is how I got my birdie, I parked it on the hill just inside the tree line.

6 red a Newport News Park. This one basket requires the utmost in accuracy or you are going for a bogey.

Hole 13 barnett park North course!!!!! Not very hard or long 285!1 But there is a canal on the left(which I always go in0!!! Just my nemesis hole!!!!!