• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most unusual or unique hole you have played?

Hole 6 at Barnet Park in Kinston is a pretty infamous hole anyway. Known as "the skinny" it's stupidly tight plus you have an elevated basket atop a mound of dirt. It's the longest 162' hole I've ever played. :\
44f5e265.jpg

a1858fff.jpg

Bucksnort has a number of unique holes. This one has you shooting into a cave. I like this one because a good forehand or thumber can get you into the cave (where you then need an accurate up hill putt with little side-to-side movement), but a bad shot will leave very little shot at par.

This is a really fun course. If you're in the Conifer/Pine/Bailey area, I think this is the 2nd best course after Conifer/Beaver Ranch.

Attachments

• Bucksnort cave.jpg
    Bucksnort cave.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 77
Hole 6 at Barnet Park in Kinston is a pretty infamous hole anyway. Known as "the skinny" it's stupidly tight plus you have an elevated basket atop a mound of dirt. It's the longest 162' hole I've ever played. :\

This one can eat your lunch. A 2x World Champ took a six on #6 in this year's Kings Cup. :wall:

Hard to say, but the most unusual one that comes to my mind is the hole in the ground at Flyboy, I think it's # 22.

The Steady Ed Safari at Ausable Chasm in the Adirondacks

Here are pictures of the tee, approach, and basket at hole 15 of the Steady Ed Safari at Ausable Chasem.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...706.1073741826.128228790573781&type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...706.1073741826.128228790573781&type=1&theater
Check out the all the pictures from this years Steady Ed Safari at Ausable Chasm. Once a year we set up an 18 hole course in Ausable Chasm a 2 mile long Chasm on the Ausable River in Northern NY, for an awesome one day tournament.

Now that I think of it, someone in my local league has an 18 hole course on his ranch, and some of them are behind buildings, past fences, mounted on large stumps, and one that even has the basket in the fenced area that includes his horse. I was told a story about some disc golfers pissing it off when it got drilled in the @$$ after walking in front of the throw...

My personal top 20 or so are probably all at Diamond X in Billings, MT. The right-side hole 18 is probably number one, but the left-side back nine is not like anything you will see anywhere else in the world. There are a couple of others that come to mind like 16 at Meadow Ridge and 18 at Canyon (both at Horning's Hideout), but The X is on a whole different level.

I don't know that 18 on Canyon is all that unique, but it's definitely one of my favourite holes. Rip a forehand around the mando to set up a downhill backhand bomb along the treeline and over a marsh to have a putt at finishing with a birdie 3.

I can't think of a more satisfying finishing hole. Especially when you go in tied with someone that doesn't have the distance to go for the birdie.

Havent played there personally, but as I understand it, the blockhouse Tiki course is 18 ridiculous holes in and of itself

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but here is one that comes to my mind.
13b9472d.jpg

No mention of Selah Ranch? The Lakeside course is full of unique holes. The par-5 true island hole #7 is probably the most open hole in the world without artificial OB where you have to have 3 perfect placement shots in order to have a look at birdie.

af6c056e.jpg

Also, #14...
2f7f6c4b.jpg

132f723c.jpg

44f5e265.jpg

a1858fff.jpg

I hit that tree on the right off the tee once and had it bounce back, hit me and lean on the tee.

and Schwebby rutinely 2's that hole with a thumber. It's nuts.

Brackett's bluff has a hole that is 90 degrees. You throw at a trampoline that is on its side at the corner to get it to make the turn.

Yea that's a pretty cool hole. There is even a red spray paint mark on the trampoline so u know exactly where to try and hit it. I didn't hit the trampoline......

REALLY?????????? REALLY???????? REALLY???????????

THIS IS BY FAR THE STUPIDEST AND MOST ABSURD COMMENT I'VE SEEN ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now PM him and congratulate him on successfully trolling you.

I'd say the most unusual shot I've ever seen (not a full time hole, and not a shot I've attempted yet) would be the "Dam Hole" on the championship 9 of the Brett Hambrick Memorial Open. Instead of playing the traditional (easy) third hole, the players have to walk up to one of the control towers of the dam on the Hoover Reservoir and throw a blind shot over a treeline to the elevated 5th pin. The Youtube link below only shows the tee shot, but if you watch the video for the 2012 BMHO there are some good shots of the pin as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fawm9dT8ss8

Otherwise, I haven't really played any courses with noteworthy holes.