• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 Vibram Open - Watch it live!

The closest courses I can find! I know there is one in Providence (or at least in Rhode Island) which means I can hit it up before leaving.

Well, there's three (including Maple Hill) right there within 10 mins of each other. I'd be happy to hit one of those with you if you do any of them Friday, I should be making it down that day.

The closest courses I can find! I know there is one in Providence (or at least in Rhode Island) which means I can hit it up before leaving.

Wickham Park in Hartford, CT is quite close to the tournament site and a great course. I have to put in a shout-out for Borderland State Park in Easton, MA which is less than a mile from the house I grew up in. Can't believe I didn't start playing until I left for college X(

Well, there's three (including Maple Hill) right there within 10 mins of each other. I'd be happy to hit one of those with you if you do any of them Friday, I should be making it down that day.

Friday morning?

I tee off at 1:46 so it would be nice to warm up at one of the other courses before heading to the course.

I should be able to make that, let me see if I can get the day off.

If you're up for another member I'd be willing to join!

Newton Hill is 10 min from Maple Hill and a nice up and coming course. Should be quite on a Friday morning.

If you're up for another member I'd be willing to join!

Newton Hill is 10 min from Maple Hill and a nice up and coming course. Should be quite on a Friday morning.

Is that on the Worcester side? That is where I am staying but it would be cool to meet up and I will have at least one other guy with me so that would be a foursome!

I would like to play around 9:30-10 or so and then snag some lunch at a local joint and then get to Maple Hill around 12:30-1:00

Yup it's part of Elm Park. You have to drive right by it to get from Worcester to Maple hill.

Here is the link to it on google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=newton+hill+worcester+ma&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.212719,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Newton+Hill,+Worcester,+Massachusetts+01602&ll=42.261303,-71.854362&spn=0.098205,0.154324&t=h&z=13

Maple Hill is up by Worcester Airport. You park at the Doherty High School in the upper parking lot and tee #1 is right there.

That time should be perfect for me. I'd err on the earlier side just to make sure you're not rushed. No big deal if you have to cut it short.

My buddy Terry Miller (Disc Golf Guy video blog) is announcing this year...he seemed pretty stoked about it yesterday when I talked to him, and I think he'll add an excitement that DG tourney announcers usually lack.

I'll be watching as time (read: baby and work) allows!

Nikki for the win. I hate everyone that was able to watch it at home. First four day opening stretch at work in a long time and during my favorite tournament which is being broadcast live?! Way to go Nikko, some more head to head with Borg will make this one good rivalry for a while to come.

Did anyone else send in a 40$ donation, just wondering if you got your disc yet?

I did make the $40 donation but have not gotten my disc. I am sure that was not their top priority. Id give it two weeks

I sent in a 40$ donation too. Havent heard anything as of yet. Im glad to see others on this board are also serious about supporting the future of our sport.

It's a Summit (90% sure) and they were black/red with a black/red maple leaf dye which actually looked like they just mixed two colors of rubber.

They were for sale to players for $20 but I decided to spend my money on Z Drones.

Players were allowed to get one at half price. We were hoping to make enough of them to give one to each of the players and staff but less than 250 total were made.

They are a mix of VPs, Ridges and Summit and they are going out by Friday. Each of these discs was hand made in the mold. The design is molded all the way through the disc and then nature takes over and moves things around a bit as the X-Link heats up. Each disc is unique!

Thanks for supporting the tournament and the broadcast

Cool I didnt know Vibram made discs. The factory is right near my house. I knew they made soles, and horseshoe pads though!

I got mine today Thanks Steve. Keep those live broadcasts coming!!!!

Latest posts