• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Thanks! I just finished my shortlist for Japan Open commentators so there's more good stuff to come!

No, thank you. Finally some footage where you don't need to mute the lame commentary or 80's music. OR videos with so many over the top video transitions and gimmicks.

Great job, keep it up and show these guys how its supposed to be done! :thmbup::thmbup:

Thanks! I just finished my shortlist for Japan Open commentators so there's more good stuff to come!

Awesome. I really enjoy these videos: great production and the commentary is the best there is. Definitely looking forward to the Japan Open!

anyone have video from DGLO yesterday? i really wish i would have had the camera out for Double G clearing the hill with ease on hole 13 Toboggan. probably the most impressive drive ive ever seen in disc golf. right there next to one of his drives on hole 3 last year.

DGM 2014 Seneca Soiree part 1. See if you can spot me in the highlights.

Woah! What was that forehand-roller throw on Hole 22 @ about 15:05? I've never seen a throw like that before!

That's old school MD Pro Craig "Craigger" Gangloff and his famous thumber roller. He holds the disc like you would for a upside down pancake (thumb on the rim, fingers wrapped around to the flight plate) and throws it witht eh same motion as a forehand roller.

He's a crafty fella with quite a few tricks up his sleeve. He used to post on here somewhat regularly, he may have explained it better than I did somewhere else.

Woah! What was that forehand-roller throw on Hole 22 @ about 15:05? I've never seen a throw like that before!

Thumb hook roller. True old school frisbee throw.

Hold your arm out, palm up, fingers and thumb extended.
Place the disc so that the inside edge (the part closer to your body) rests on your wrist and the outside edge rests on your palm.
Close your hand around the rim with the pad of your thumb against the inside of the rim and your fingers curled on top.
Throw it like a forehand in the sense that your palm faces up and you snap your wrist forward, but the disc rolls off your thumb instead of index or middle finger.

I saw former PDGA Board president Dave Nesbitt throw a couple of those with a condor at the USDGC way back when, and had to adopt it as a get out of jail roller at the very least. Very handy shot, behaves more or less the opposite way a forehand-gripped roller would, so it's a good compliment to it when a backhand roller isn't feasible. I tend to release mine much more vertically than Craig does in the video, but then I'm usually not doing it on the tee for distance like he was. I find it works well with putters as well as the big diameter discs like the Condor or the Jaguar.

That's old school MD Pro Craig "Craigger" Gangloff and his famous thumber roller. He holds the disc like you would for a upside down pancake (thumb on the rim, fingers wrapped around to the flight plate) and throws it witht eh same motion as a forehand roller.

He's a crafty fella with quite a few tricks up his sleeve. He used to post on here somewhat regularly, he may have explained it better than I did somewhere else.

USDGC 2002 video

Someone (Craig) told me that he throws it like a backhand.

He'll show you how to throw it if you ask -- go back through previous soiree discussions and you can have lots more chit chat about it. Beside the spin and the angle of release it's really nothing like a forehand roller. It wasn't surprising seeing Craig throwing that cockamamie thing -- what was odd was seeing him throwing a forehand.

I realize now everyone will post how wrong I am -- c'est la boo-and de message.