• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

My vote is that if Disc Golf ever becomes a televised sport, I want the CCDG guys doing the commentary for the rounds. I enjoy Eric McCabe's commentary for it's informative nature, but it seems flat. I would want Cubby too. DG Monthly and CCDG are my 2 favorite channels on YouTube with CCDG taking top honors because they don't make me wait a month between vids.
"I know, right?" :rolleyes:

JT,

Just wanted to point out a small error that in the grand scheme isn't a big deal but thought you may want to know. the Live scoring in the PDGA website and the score you listed for McBeth for hole 11 is incorrect. Looks like you may have missed his forehand second shot. The PDGA has him listed as taking a 2 on hole 11 and you have him taking a three and being 18 down after 11. The CCDG guys got all the shots. he took a 4 and was 17 down after 11. hit early tree and kicked left off the tee. forehand second to about 110+ out then a nova? 3rd shot to 25ish out. made the putt. No worries just letting you know.

The live scoring is off a hole because of hole 8a. So the score for hole 11 is listed as hole 12 on the live scoring. I can't watch the vid now, but that's my guess as to why you might think it's wrong. (It might actually be wrong though, again can't double check the vid now)

Great job on the vid JT!

Last edited:
The live scoring is off a hole because of hole 8a. So the score for hole 11 is listed as hole 12 on the live scoring. I can't watch the vid now, but that's my guess as to why you might think it's wrong. (It might actually be wrong though, again can't double check the vid now)

Great job on the vid JT!
No sure about 8a or not. JT's vid was great just trying to help out with an issue that may or may not be easily fixed. JT's vid has McBeth 3ring hole 11 and he def. took a 4. hole 11 is the same graphic as yours it just looks like he missed paul's second shot (the forehand from the left side) obviously the voice over may be hard to edit but the score graphic after hole 11 should be easily corrected.

You may be right about the PDGA live scoring, again I am not sure about the layout

Controversy over. Looks like JT has already corrected the vid and put a banner up on Paul's third shot letting people know it is his third and not second throw. All's well that ends well.

JT,
I really like the different prospective you presented compared to the CCDG. the combined footage made for great coverage.

Just wanted to point out a small error that in the grand scheme isn't a big deal but thought you may want to know. the Live scoring in the PDGA website and the score you listed for McBeth for hole 11 is incorrect. Looks like you may have missed his forehand second shot. The PDGA has him listed as taking a 2 on hole 11 and you have him taking a three and being 18 down after 11. The CCDG guys got all the shots. he took a 4 and was 17 down after 11. hit early tree and kicked left off the tee. forehand second to about 110+ out then a nova? 3rd shot to 25ish out. made the putt. No worries just letting you know.

Thanks for the support!

You're correct, that's on me. I had already done the commentary and I thought "something isn't right" so I looked back and sure enough forgot to put that 2nd shot in the cut. At that point it would have delayed the release too much to overhaul the audio with a new cut.

Apologies, McBeth was actually -17, not -18, after Hole 11 (12 on the live scoreboard). Good catch.

Thanks for the support!

You're correct, that's on me. I had already done the commentary and I thought "something isn't right" so I looked back and sure enough forgot to put that 2nd shot in the cut. At that point it would have delayed the release too much to overhaul the audio with a new cut.

Apologies, McBeth was actually -17, not -18, after Hole 11 (12 on the live scoreboard). Good catch.
No worries and glad I could help, again the added perspective of from the basket back to the tee combined with the CCDG footy was a really cool to check out. best combined tourney footage of the year!

Thanks for the vid, JT! I really enjoyed both CCDG and SpinTV's takes on the tourney. Different angles and interesting commentary makes it worth watching both. We are lucky to have so many good film crews going nowadays. Just a few years ago, the Scandinavian guys were just about the only ones putting out this kind of tourney coverage.

That's the beauty of it, everyone has a different eye and different creative mindset even with something as "simple" and straightforward as round coverage.

Rio Pueblo Open - 5/18/14 @ Sipapu Disc Golf Course (AWESOME course!)
Sipapu, NM

Enjoy :)

Is it just me, or does DeLa look EXTREMELY righty friendly? I know Max did well out there, but all I see is "OB right," "extreme OB right," "death to the right is OB," etc.

I know I know, I'm "that" lefty guy. It's not as bad as the Memorial, or TX Champs, but can others who have played DeLa comment on this?

Also, I would LOVE to see the deep canyons/cliffs/OB that we always hear about, and hear even more about in these videos. I know from filming that it's tough to get a true aspect of any course, but I want to see what it looks like where they say "don't go that way or your disc is gone, my life."

Is it just me, or does DeLa look EXTREMELY righty friendly? I know Max did well out there, but all I see is "OB right," "extreme OB right," "death to the right is OB," etc.

I know I know, I'm "that" lefty guy. It's not as bad as the Memorial, or TX Champs, but can others who have played DeLa comment on this?

Also, I would LOVE to see the deep canyons/cliffs/OB that we always hear about, and hear even more about in these videos. I know from filming that it's tough to get a true aspect of any course, but I want to see what it looks like where they say "don't go that way or your disc is gone, my life."

BennettUA coming from a fellow lefty, I was thinking the exact same thing. I would love to see/hear how Max navigated some of the holes at DeLa.

BennettUA coming from a fellow lefty, I was thinking the exact same thing. I would love to see/hear how Max navigated some of the holes at DeLa.

Another Lefty here.
Don't want to de-rail the tourney video thread, but...
I'm EXTREMELY intrigued by the DeLa layout and would LOVE to see the course up close to get a better idea of all those cliffs and drop-offs (usually on the right) and elevation changes.
We're planning on a vacation out to the West Coast next year and the wifey agreed to let me play DeLa.
WooHoo!!

Thinking about it, it kind of is righty favored, but not a ton. Michael Barry a 1000 rated grandmasters player wins when he plays, and he's exclusively RH forehand.

When I recorded the Masters Div footage, I got some clips of the dropoffs. Hopefully they do it some justice.

You'll get a chance to when we post the chase card footage from the final round. :)