• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Just put in the video ID inside the YOUTUBE tags instead of the entire URL. So from your link you posted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmtj9Sgnvp8) just grab the wmtj9Sgnvp8 and place it inside the YOUTUBE tags...

To make it a little more universal (because some URLs have extra querystrings), you want everything after "v=" and before "&" in any youtube link.

Here's part 2 of that Cedar Hill Chill

for anyone interested they have no commentary versions of these vids on youtube, find it yourself

I click here looking for whining and bee-yotching about rules, music, commentary, etc. -- please try to keep all these videos out of the way.

tnks --

I click here looking for whining and bee-yotching about rules, music, commentary, etc. -- please try to keep all these videos out of the way.

tnks --
Amazing how people on the internet are so filled with Asperger's and ADHD that a thread can't possibly include both.

Jerry thanks for filming this, almost as good as being there! :thmbup:

The new Rec Center looks great, but I'll miss watching noobs bounce their drive on #10 off the window on Sunday mornings while church was going on inside.

Can someone point me in the direction of the tourney video where the filmer used a quad drone with GoPro for hole previews? I believe Jeremy Koling was one of the featured players. Thanks in advance.

Can someone point me in the direction of the tourney video where the filmer used a quad drone with GoPro for hole previews? I believe Jeremy Koling was one of the featured players. Thanks in advance.

Matt Cooper films a few like that I think.

I really need to stop being lazy and get around to editing. I have 3 tournaments I haven't finished yet. Ugh...

Thank You

I just want to take a little time out to all those who make, edit, post, etc... these videos. I work in an office all day and when I can't get out on the course it is incredibly awesome to be able to watch others throwing, beautiful locations and courses, and follow the top pros on tour.

Thank you guys for all you do. Thanks so much.

So does anyone know the deal with the European Open footage from last year. LCGM8 released the final round a while ago, but we haven't seen the previous round yet. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into making these videos for us to watch. I was just curious...

You're welcome!

I just want to take a little time out to all those who make, edit, post, etc... these videos. I work in an office all day and when I can't get out on the course it is incredibly awesome to be able to watch others throwing, beautiful locations and courses, and follow the top pros on tour.

Thank you guys for all you do. Thanks so much.
:thmbup: This is why we do it! When I am out at the course & I am able to see these guys/gals play I want to share that experience with everybody! I love the reactions expecially from the players themselves. Some have never seen themselves in a video! Thank you for watching!

Is there a separate thread out there with tips for people recording tourney rounds? I am thinking about recording one in about a week, and it would be my first video. I want to know from the veterans the do's and don'ts (not counting the usual disturbing players) of recording rounds. Is it better to do separate clips for each shot or just shoot it all and cut later? How do you plan on where to be for each shot? Do you scout the course ahead of time and plan your locations? etc. Not sure what to even search for so I'm asking here if this was discussed somewhere.

Is it better to do separate clips for each shot or just shoot it all and cut later?
Unless you have a TON of easily swappable media (and are recording a very compressed format) you are 'probably' better off filming each shot independently when possible. DEFINITELY makes the post-production process easier when you have independent clips in some semblance of order. Makes for easy metadata tagging upon import for excellent organization also.

How do you plan on where to be for each shot? Do you scout the course ahead of time and plan your locations?
Just like any proper production, scouting the location ahead of time for the best angles is absolutely crucial. I'd argue its one of the most important parts of planning a successful day of shooting, no matter what event you are filming.