• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Troy widden, Terry gallops, Brad Ramsey and cam Todd shoot a 64 to get in.

There is a playoff between 3 people for the 5th spot.

Sounds like there was some good competition for the play in spots. Looking forward to the real competition starting up. I will cheer for JohnE.

I think Lizotte will be in contention, but get some unfortunate skips OB

... and my pick is: Nybo :)

Troy widden, Terry gallops, Brad Ramsey and cam Todd shoot a 64 to get in.

There is a playoff between 3 people for the 5th spot.

You can always count on Winthrop Gold for some competitive excitement.
These are great additions to the field!

Any idea what Paige or Catrina shot?

Any idea what Paige or Catrina shot?

They had to qualify, and weren't already in the Open flight?

Edit....

Just saw the list of Open flight competitors and they weren't on there. That is completely bogus. Cat is World Champ and Paige has owned FPO this year.

Last edited:
With Feldberg dropping out, will they have 6 available spots instead of 5?

In the past I don't think changes to the field the weeks leading up impacted the amount let in on qualifying day, I think it is always just 5 people.

They had to qualify, and weren't already in the Open flight?

Edit....

Just saw the list of Open flight competitors and they weren't on there. That is completely bogus. Cat is World Champ and Paige has owned FPO this year.

They had the Woman's US Championships last week for a reason. They wouldn't be close to competetive at the USDGC.

They had the Woman's US Championships last week for a reason. They wouldn't be close to competetive at the USDGC.

They wouldn't be the first women to compete and won't be the last. Technically, well over half the men's field won't be close to competitive either.

I like that the USDGC is the one tournament where only the best compete. Should all the other division's champions be invited too? Everyone has a chance to qualify if they are good enough.

I know Brinster won it last year, and Doss has been in the hunt all year and might be due, not to mention I'll most probably find myself rooting for either Wysocki or Lizotte, or both at some point(call it a habit), but picking against McBeth just seems counterintuitive.

Pros in all divisions who played the same course layouts as Open in regional qualifiers were able to earn a spot in the USDGC by shooting one of the best five total scores among those who had yet to qualify. It appears none of the women shot well enough during the qualifying events.

usdgc-2014-qual-footfault.jpg

Official USDGC Forecast

Sunny and 80 the next 3 days, with almost zero wind. Morning lows around 60.

Friday's high will be in the mid-70s and a system will move through, bringing an increased chance of rain and storms throughout the day.

Saturday will be sunny and a little cooler with highs around 72 and a little more breezy, with dewpoints dropping throughout the day to make for an absolutely beautiful finish.

usdgcforecast_zps76b8a5d3.jpg