• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open

Simon Lizotte kept mentioning in The Insider Show that he wants to break into the top 16 tomorrow so that he can be on a "TV card". Does that mean that the last two rounds are being filmed and aired live or post competition? Does anyone know anything about this?
Interesting. If he is right we're getting a little more live footage on Sunday than before.

Live scoring has Ilari Tuoma as having aced hole 2. Definitely a tough hole to get a 1 on. Definitely not gonna be footage being so many cards back, but super impressive.

Live scoring has Ilari Tuoma as having aced hole 2. Definitely a tough hole to get a 1 on. Definitely not gonna be footage being so many cards back, but super impressive.

Yep, unlikely there is any footage of that ace. However, same exact hole has a filmed ace from the Finnish DG championships three years ago:

Lol there is footage of it on spintv, kind of.... watch it 2 or 3 times and squint and you'll see it.

Devan is on fire again today! I dont' have an exact count, but I'd bet a lunch that he has more birdies in the tourney than anyone else so far... just some really bad holes tossed in as well or he'd be way out in front.

Good thing the high winds (40+ mph gusts) that have actually stopped play at the British Open haven't made their way to Finland.

Good thing the high winds (40+ mph gusts) that have actually stopped play at the British Open haven't made their way to Finland.

There's a saying here(Prescott,Az): If you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change. In England the saying is: If you don't fancy the weather, Bullocks! get used to it! This is England.

Looks like McBeth is either playing it safe or struggling today. I guess we'll never know unless we see him on the couch! ��

If I were Jussi and JT, I probably wouldn't bother responding to the criticism on here. It just feels...unseemly. It's cool that DG is small enough that DGCR can apparently have an impact tho.

Lack of video footage sucks. I agree. I watched about 4 mins of the wrap up show, and said 'Nope'. But to just crap all over their method while touting our stateside coverage (WI homers, I'm looking at you) is too much. I've seen Smashboxx flip when they were criticised on these boards!

So, these are just like our opinions. Let's not confuse that for facts. As I said in a different thread: there are a LOT of voices trying to shape courses/the game/the sport and the loudest and most aggressive are not usually the best.

Last edited:
Ooo it's going to be a great final card... McBeth, Rick, Will, and Nybo(?)? Rick is possessed.

And it looks like McBeast mode may have been turned on too early. We've seen it before. I'm predicting an exciting finish that would be great to watch.

The entire lead card seems to be playing pretty boring golf, while there are hot rounds coming in from a bunch of others with Ricky being the most impressive. Looks like tomorrow really will be a dogfight

Paul shot par golf through the first 6 holes. Ricky gained FOUR STROKES in that stretch alone, and his only bogey was on 17.

Schusterick is tied with Ricky, also shooting a one-bogey round(on the par five hole 8).

Nybo could not follow up his amazing round yesterday, and had two bogeys and a double bogey but is still in contention.

Looks like lead card for tomorrow will be McBeth(-26), Wysocki(-23), Schusterick(-23), and Nybo(-22).

Four completely different styles. Should be very exciting indeed!

Next closest are Jerm(-18) and Feldberg(-17). Shout out to lefty Devan Owens just behind them(-16).

I love those red baskets, and the poles - are those covers? Those look awesome, anyone know what they are specifically? They don't look like normal Innova baskets

I love those red baskets, and the poles - are those covers? Those look awesome, anyone know what they are specifically? They don't look like normal Innova baskets

Some variant of that new Discmania basket perhaps? Maybe something unique to Europe? They do look pretty nice

Latest posts