• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

Looks like the SSA at Jones East so far coming in about 4 throws below the SSA during GBO. I remember some tougher wind at GBO so that comes into play.

Looks like the SSA at Jones East so far coming in about 4 throws below the SSA during GBO. I remember some tougher wind at GBO so that comes into play.

That round at GBO was more than just "tougher wind". It was the worst conditions I've ever filmed in. Crazy downpours, 40+mph wind, and lightning which halted the round for an hour at one point. We finished just before dark. My umbrella blew out of it's handle and 200+ ft down the fairway before Cale chased it down for me (love that guy).

What would be a better strategy?

I'd say the casual starting pace he's kept the last four worlds in a row that he's won would be a good one. Not saying he can't keep the lead. Just hoping he doesn't wear himself out early.

I'd say the casual starting pace he's kept the last four worlds in a row that he's won would be a good one. Not saying he can't keep the lead. Just hoping he doesn't wear himself out early.

They are only playing one round per day. And stamina and physical condition is what McBeast thrives on.....I wouldn't bet on him wilting away.

Are you aware that the object of disc golf is to traverse the course in as few throws of the disc as possible?

They are only playing one round per day. And stamina and physical condition is what McBeast thrives on.....I wouldn't bet on him wilting away.

I seem to remember McBeth getting all beasty early into previous events and not finishing the strongest. That's Cincy game right there. Run up the score and try to hang on.

Are you aware that the object of disc golf is to traverse the course in as few throws of the disc as possible?

Are you aware that it's not a single day tourney? He started pretty slow in his last four worlds, and how'd he finish all of them?

Are you aware that it's not a single day tourney? He started pretty slow in his last four worlds, and how'd he finish all of them?

Help me out... you're implying that he won BECAUSE of his slow starts?

How many events has McBeth lit on fire to gain ground the final round and win? He seems to thrive on the pressure. Not saying that's the reason he won, but I am saying that kind of intensity isn't something that can be maintained for a week-long event. If he's going to come out guns blazing I hope he saves a little just in case.

How many events has McBeth lit on fire to gain ground the final round and win? He seems to thrive on the pressure. Not saying that's the reason he won, but I am saying that kind of intensity isn't something that can be maintained for a week-long event. If he's going to come out guns blazing I hope he saves a little just in case.

Slow starts have been one of Mcbeth's problems this year. So shooting the hot round is a good thing for his chances IMO.

Also, its kind of laughable that he would intentionally choose not to play really well on the first day.

Over 5 days the cream always rises to the top, it just so happens the cream is already at the top 2 spots and will likely separate themselves much further by the end of this thing.

When did I say he should throw the damn round?

I'm not saying you said to throw the round. But you did say this:

McBeth seems to be a fourth quarter QB. I wonder if him setting the pace on day one is really the smartest strategy, especially with him not being healthy all year.

Which to me implies that you think its better for Paul to not be the day one leader. Which is what I meant when I said this:

Also, its kind of laughable that he would intentionally choose not to play really well on the first day.