• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Memorial Championship

From their positions. I don't think KJ saw it, and I do think McCray did see it. Also, as I pointed out earlier, this is not the first time McCray has declined to call Ricky on a rules violation.

Ai yay yai...

What if he was swigging some water, what if he was changing the track on his iPod, what if he watching where the disc was flying, what if... you get the point man, your grasping here. And what if KJ saw it and didn't second Nikko?!

It's a foot fault that didn't get seconded and Ricky didn't stroke himself. I think that's it in a nutshell yeah?

Soooo how about Simons win eh? Pretty impressive right!

This is some of the funniest **** I've read in a while.

No it isn't. It's sad. I've seen how people act around celebrities. While she isn't a celebrity in the strictest sense she sure is one within our little sport and I have no doubt what she is saying is true. You see her on the course leave her the **** alone because it is completely inappropriate to ask those questions of A STRANGER. Sheez. People have no manners sometimes.

No it isn't. It's sad. I've seen how people act around celebrities. While she isn't a celebrity in the strictest sense she sure is one within our little sport and I have no doubt what she is saying is true. You see her on the course leave her the **** alone because it is completely inappropriate to ask those questions of A STRANGER. Sheez. People have no manners sometimes.

You're almost as triggered as she is, apparently.

Sometimes a player can play so fast, the other players do not have enough time to see what happened. I know Rick tends to play pretty quick. It would hard to call a courtesy violation if that was the case.

From their positions. I don't think KJ saw it, and I do think McCray did see it. Also, as I pointed out earlier, this is not the first time McCray has declined to call Ricky on a rules violation.

I noticed McCray's wife, Jennifer, getting pissed on facebook about people suggesting that JohnE should of had a courtesy violation. She claimed that Rick threw his shot almost immediately after JohnE did, so he had no chance to watch. I can't speak to accuracy of those comments however.

I was reading the comments while I was watching the 4th round. One post said to make a drinking game out of Nate's "T" comments. In other words, take a drink any time Doss uses a "T" reference. Nate apparently read that and started digging into his lexicon of phrases.

My favorite drinking game is Beer Hunter!

My thoughts on #FFGate2018:

1) It's worth noting that JohnE and Ricky are both sponsored by Latitude 64. They are on the same team. It's a conflict of interest for JohnE to call Ricky on the obvious foot fault. Pair this most recent instance with previous controversies mentioned in this thread and we now have a history of JohnE not enforcing the rules consistently on his cardmates. Such are the imperfections of competitors being obligated to enforce the rules. Honorable in theory, very imperfect and prone to human error in practice.

2) Ricky is competitive as hell, which is why he is one of the best disc golfers in the world. Being a highly competitive person myself, though I've cooled way down since my competitive NCAA Track and Cross Country days, I've been in situations where I was pushing the boundaries of the rules to gain every inch. Leaning into the gray area of the rules happens surprisingly quickly when you want nothing more in the world but to win. I totally understand how Rick could put his head down, grab his cart, and plow forward trying to escape without a penalty stroke.

That being said, he's in the wrong on this one. He was clearly more than 2 feet behind his mini. The action of highest integrity would have been to second the call on himself. I hope that in retrospect he will be able to see that he was in the wrong and change his behavior the next time something like this happens.

3) I'm throwing a tape measure in my bag for tourney rounds.

Sometimes a player can play so fast, the other players do not have enough time to see what happened. I know Rick tends to play pretty quick. It would hard to call a courtesy violation if that was the case.

I noticed McCray's wife, Jennifer, getting pissed on facebook about people suggesting that JohnE should of had a courtesy violation. She claimed that Rick threw his shot almost immediately after JohnE did, so he had no chance to watch. I can't speak to accuracy of those comments however.

I was watching live coverage for that shot and Terry commented on Ricky trying to decide which shot to throw because of the tree obstacle. It seems like he spent some time to figure out whether he wanted to go left or right of the tree before committing to a shot. He did not rapid fire this one like usual.

That is absolutely possible. Ricky plays pretty quickly. However, it would not have been difficult at all while Rick was standing there behind his mini after Nikko told him to freeze for JohnE to walk up and observe that Rick was indeed more than 2 feet behind his marker.

I was reading the comments while I was watching the 4th round. One post said to make a drinking game out of Nate's "T" comments. In other words, take a drink any time Doss uses a "T" reference. Nate apparently read that and started digging into his lexicon of phrases.

My favorite drinking game is Beer Hunter!

Take off you hoser!

I throw very few forehands. But a question to those who do, when would you not get your stance on the lie before throwing a no run-up forehand? Per the rules, the group can't really call a foot fault until the player throws. But it would seem other players should have enough time to observe bad foot placement on a pending stand and deliver forehand throw and be ready to call it or perhaps even advise the player before throwing like we sometimes do in the woods when a player needs help to make sure their foot placement is aligned properly.