• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

I felt bad for Adam Hammes and then I didn't.

Interesting that by his own admission he's been working on his emotions on the course (i.e. hot-headedness) this year, and then he picks the absolute worst time of the season to let that work go to waste. I'll be interested to see if that pop-out double-bogey helps him recenter and play with a level head or if it'll just get worse from here.

I know it's easy to say this in hindsight with Eagle struggling, but I'm still not sold on his woods game. (YES, he won Idlewild, I know.) His putting and forehand/backhand power off the tee are elite and obviously not up for debate, but I see him sometimes struggle with simple upshots and hitting tight gaps.

Please don't get it twisted, I don't think he's bad at touch shots by any means, he's had the success he's had for a reason, but I think on a course like The Fort, his strengths are minimized and weaknesses are magnified. Even at Mulligans, elite distance is not a prerequisite to succeed unlike the other ball golf courses at the Portland Open and OTB open.

I hope he proves me wrong and surges in the final three rounds, but ultimately I don't think this tournament is his.

Last edited:
Today is the perfect opportunity for Eagle to turn it around. Only risk is trying too hard to make ground.

Ideally he'd forget about scores, play each hole one at a time and ultimately have a strong finish. Have some fun.

Putting has been ROUGH for most of the ladies this morning. Hopefully they can turn it around.

Why is Jomez R2 not exclusively focused on Calvin apparently having found his Delilah? Missed opportunity.

Anyone have a video link for the Hammes rageputt?

Replay on DGN? He walked up and spiked it vertically in the bottom of the cage, bounced up and flipped out. He quickly stepped behind it and placed the putter in the basket.

It all happened so quick I missed it. They did replay it once.

Today is the perfect opportunity for Eagle to turn it around. Only risk is trying too hard to make ground.

Ideally he'd forget about scores, play each hole one at a time and ultimately have a strong finish. Have some fun.

I think Eagle's gotta shoot -18 today to get back in the mix. Even then it's going to be really tough. Paul crept back up the leader and will continue to be consistent, and Calvin is dialing his putt more and more each round. Not to mention all the players in between that are playing good too.

huge misstake by Paige on 11, you cant do that...birdy to bogey

Her putter is cold today but she still have a big lead....but Paiges all or nothing play sometimes bites her

I think Eagle's gotta shoot -18 today to get back in the mix. Even then it's going to be really tough. Paul crept back up the leader and will continue to be consistent, and Calvin is dialing his putt more and more each round. Not to mention all the players in between that are playing good too.

If he shoots -18, he will probably be lead card. If the MPO putt like the FPO, -8 may be the hot round. -10 is looking like a stretch. Maybe they will adjust to whatever is causing the putting woes.

I'd just like to see him play well and move back towards the front where he belongs. Winning should not be on his mind.

Interesting that by his own admission he's been working on his emotions on the course (i.e. hot-headedness) this year, and then he picks the absolute worst time of the season to let that work go to waste. I'll be interested to see if that pop-out double-bogey helps him recenter and play with a level head or if it'll just get worse from here.

I've seen him fold up his jawbreaker focus' a couple times before. My buddy even has one he folded up and tossed into the creek at the Titan Open one year. He's been known around Wisconsin for being a hothead, but has seemed really under control this past year.

Joe Rovere had an even worst spitout in Round 1 from about 12 feet, but he seemingly handled it like a pro, instead of turning himself into an embarrassing gif. Hammes is young and confident, I think he'll bounce back just fine.

If he shoots -18, he will probably be lead card. If the MPO putt like the FPO, -8 may be the hot round. -10 is looking like a stretch.

He's 9 strokes off the lead so he needs to shoot -18 (not likely) while everyone else shoots even at best. I just don't see him blowing out the field like that. He had a bad day yesterday while everyone else was having great days and there's no reason to think those players won't have good/great days again today.

Also, MPO doesn't putt anything like FPO. -8 should be relatively easy for MPO today. I expect -14 will be the hot round.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

He's 9 strokes off the lead so he needs to shoot -18 (not likely) while everyone else shoots even at best. I just don't see him blowing out the field like that. He had a bad day yesterday while everyone else was having great days and there's no reason to think those players won't have good/great days again today.

You might want to double check your math. :\