• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

so to sum up the last couple pages...

Paul is someone on the internet's favorite golfer so Paul is the best ever. since Conrad beat the best ever he must be lucky.
when people win it's cuz they are lucky but when some dude on the internet's favorite wins it's cuz of skill.

The "unluckiest" pdga Worlds of all time was in 2015. Unlucky for Sarah Hokom.

Michael Sullivan 1987- lost in a playoff to Hosfeld. I can't remember if the playoff was forced due to a spitout or lost due to one (before my time) but either way...

I wonder the extent of the "Conrad Effect" after this world title. Obviously MVP is going to get a boost, but I'm talking more about younger players emulating style. You see kids jacking up 25-30 foot jumpshots in basket trying to be the next Steph Curry, are we going to see an influx of players taking a humongous run-up now?

Oh dear lord... this is undoubtedly going to occur- ugh.

Michael Sullivan 1987- lost in a playoff to Hosfeld. I can't remember if the playoff was forced due to a spitout or lost due to one (before my time) but either way...

But at least that "luck" was directly DG related.

Hokom got in a serious car accident en route to Deer Lakes. She ended up missing the first 2 holes, resulting in her taking two "par +4's."

When all was said and done, Hokom came in 2nd, just 1 stroke behind Pierce. Those "+4's" had a major impact on the outcome.

https://www.pdga.com/near-death-experience-doesnt-slow-down-sarah-hokom

An accident like that leaves you rattled and shaken up. To be able to play a round after that, with no warmup, and still be in the thick of it....pretty amazing in and of itself.

Sarah Hokom =DG Warrior

I can only hope more people emulate James' understated personality. I like that he's anything but a "Hey, look at me" type. He just quietly goes about his business in a very professional way.

Yes indeed. More James types, less Brodie types.

And when it's a bad shot; more of the simple "oh no!" and less punching, smacking, throwing a tantrum and tacoing putters would be nice too.

Story that discussed The Putt was just posted on FB (Spit happened on 6th hole of playoff). The playoff story starts about 18 paragraphs in but you may find the whole article on basket history interesting.

McBeth was lucky his drive on 18 didn't slide O/B. Conrad was unlucky that his drive hit that one tree or he would have been in great position. Then he was lucky it did not drop into the pond, easily could have.

Nate Sexton was unlucky when his drive on hole 12, one shot off the lead, trickled over the fence OB. Chris Dickerson was unlucky on his approach on 12, tied for the lead, that it went OB into the water.

5 people where within a stroke with 7 holes to go. Two of them handle the pressure better than the others.

Latest posts