• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/47784
https://www.pdga.com/2021proworlds
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...sional_Disc_Golf_World_Championships/register
https://udisclive.com/live/proworlds2021

2021_pdga_pro_worlds_logo.jpg

Are they only using two courses for the entire World Championships? All I seem to find are the Fort and Mulligans courses.

Are they only using two courses for the entire World Championships? All I seem to find are the Fort and Mulligans courses.

It's only FPO and MPO, so they only need two courses. The Master's and other age protected divisions have their own event now.

Kristin Tattar is registered.
Was hoping to see a few more of Europe's best. :\

Worlds, yep. Three canadians and two estonians. The rest are from USA. Would have been better to call it something else than worlds.

Just FYI:

2016: 18 international players from 9 countries
2017: 12 international players from 7 countries
2018: 24 international players from 8 countries
2019: 39 international players from 13 countries

Worlds, yep. Three canadians and two estonians. The rest are from USA. Would have been better to call it something else than worlds.

Simon is registered. Idk if there are any other people who live in the US but are foreigners.

Then you probably don't like Major League Baseball calling their championship the "World Series". :D

Then you probably don't like Major League Baseball calling their championship the "World Series". :D

Don't care baseball at all but yes, I really don't like these kind of pretentious terms leagues give themselves. Nothing to do with the world if it merely affects a country or at most a part of a continent.

Don't care baseball at all but yes, I really don't like these kind of pretentious terms leagues give themselves. Nothing to do with the world if it merely affects a country or at most a part of a continent.

I mean, 28% of baseball players are non US born and all the best baseball players in the world end up in the MLB so it's safe to call it the World Series.
As for calling this tourney "Worlds", covid makes this year a bit different for international travel. I'd personally like to see Worlds held internationally occasionally, just to see new courses.

Only one week left and i still don´t see Henna or Eveliina registered. . .but Kristin is on the list.

Eveliina got 2nd at Worlds last time, must feel terrible to not get the chance to better that this year.

As for calling this tourney "Worlds", covid makes this year a bit different for international travel. I'd personally like to see Worlds held internationally occasionally, just to see new courses.

It will occur within the next few years imo- just need the appropriate bid (which I am told is in the works).

I dislike the Baseball term "World series" It's a closed group that can compete and only US based (in that matter outside of the US most countries don't like the team franchise model without relegation/promotion either,) Whilst their may not be many overseas competitors at the disc Golf World Championships this year it is open to all and there have nearly been European World Champions previously (Kallstrom 2nd etc)

Worlds in Finland is going to be an incredible event when it happens with, I would expect, live television coverage, National media interest and thousands of fans lining the fairways.

To me it´s very strange that Worlds never been held in Finland
Pro level of the sport in Europe hasn't yet been sufficiently monetized to generate enough spectator and viewership income and/or persuade an entity with deep pockets who's willing to underwrite the expense. Hopefully that's getting closer to reality in the next several years.

Pro level of the sport in Europe hasn't yet been sufficiently monetized to generate enough spectator and viewership income and/or persuade an entity with deep pockets who's willing to underwrite the expense. Hopefully that's getting closer to reality in the next several years.

What Chuck means is there has not been a big enough group of suckers to make a solid bid to this point. I would wager there will be a Scandinavian Worlds by 2025.