• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

I've heard rumors that Calvin plans to change sponsors at the end of this year. If that's true, and if he wins, it'd be interesting if winning (and seeing the money come in from having a disc with his world champ name on it) changes things.

If he wins, gets paid more by Innova, and leaves, that seems like evidence that being sponsored by Innova is not that great.

Maybe working off the theory of "top ten player leaves Innova and wins the next World Championship.." The last two are exactly that.

Jesus christ!

Nope. The other JC.

Jesus christ!

Nope. The other JC.
Yeah, but it's forgivable given the similarity.
208413354_10226754394869132_1385142334441485589_n.jpg

Last edited:
From Pauls instagram;

paul_mcbeth

This man threw the greatest shot in disc golf history. @james_conrad_iii as much as it hurts to take 2nd, I am truly happy for you. I know this year you had something to prove.

Huge thank you to everyone who came out to watch in person or tuned in online. I hope we put on a great show!
McBeth, classy even in defeat.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hailey's mini that she placed in front of her lie vs where Hailey actually putted from on Hole 18, Round 4.

*Apologize for the duplicate image, not sure why that happened.

Attachments

• 144AFE30-70F9-4952-A9F2-6D804199156F.jpg
    144AFE30-70F9-4952-A9F2-6D804199156F.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 10938149-1A2E-4126-AE9F-04DD7A7FDFCD.jpg
    10938149-1A2E-4126-AE9F-04DD7A7FDFCD.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 65
Hailey's mini that she placed in front of her lie vs where Hailey actually putted from on Hole 18, Round 4.

I heard about that. So stupid. Yeah could happen, I mean I would do a mistake like that easily. But cmon. Group might be awake for this kinda stuff, no?

I have seen this happen. Put down your mini and toss your disc a few feet to the side. Get distracted, change discs, realize you are not out..... Then step back up to your disc (not the mini) and putt from the wrong spot. I have nearly done it.

This is why I place my disc just in front of my mini....plus I don't have to walk and bend over a second time to retrieve my disc.

Did she take a stroke for the misplay?

Doesn't look like it. That was her drive on the par 3. She threw OB, and then made the followup for a bogey 4. I'm not sure anyone noticed it happen in live play; she reacts after the throw, but that could easily be to the OB throw.

Misplays can be called after the score card was turned in, but not on the basis of video evidence (that's only allowable in cases of player misconduct).

It wouldn't matter to the standings: it a 2 stroke penalty, and Kristin was 4 strokes behind Hailey.

Retroactive misplays are a little weird at times. I issued a two-stroke penalty to a player who misplayed a drop zone at Mulligans. The player contacted me and admitted the mistake that happened a day or two earlier. I said "thank you for your honesty, good show of sportsmanship, it's a two throw penalty." I did not see Hailey's throw at the time. If a player on the card had seen it and contacted me, or Hailey herself, I would have been able to do something. But here we are...

Awesome to be included with Fox sports.
Comments section not so awesome, but expected.

This comment was a gem, I am absolutely stealing this whenever someone makes fun of disc golf

KenBones
23 hours ago
Did I read, "Pro" disc golfer?

🐟Deliciousbass🐟
KenBones
23 hours ago
People used to scoff at pro-stitute, but if not for that sport you wouldn't have been born.

If a player on the card had seen it and contacted me, or Hailey herself, I would have been able to do something. But here we are...

A bad lie still needs needs to be confirmed by a second player or tournament official who saw it (without the use of video), per 801.02.E. So I guess in that case you should contact the rest of the group to see if any of them could confirm it?

Paul talks about the last round on Foundation Podcasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQvPvtJ_qTo

I thought McBeth earned the win. Played amazingly on the Fort in a consistent fashion and we truly saw McBeast in the final round. The putting during that round was scary good. Old school McBeth.

He faltered on Mulligans. I imagine he practiced it much less than the Fort (and he's not usually at the Utah Open). If he lost the tournament himself, it would have been because of the performance here.

But only a miracle could have taken the win away... and James Conrad made a miracle happen. It was incredible. Mind-boggling.

I was really excited at the prospect of a playoff. The layup from McBeth would have been an anticlimactic end to the 6x... and to be honest, while I'm sure McBeth would rather have the win, I think he was excited to have to fight for it in dramatic fashion.

The shift to hole 16 was poetic for a JC win. A fitting final location no one expected from a shot no one expected to go in. I'm sure he tapped into his ace memory from just days before and he just dropped the perfect shot.

I know commentators said McBeth's was in the water from the get-go, but that forward skip was a little extra in my opinion. Still, a world championship dropped on a pretty devastating final shot.

I can't say I'm not bummed McBeth didn't win... Half way to 12 is a big deal. Still, anyone arguing that he's #2 behind the former Champ is just stuck in the past. He's a seemingly constant paradigm shift in what it means to be a pro disc golfer. I don't think he's done at worlds either.

Couldn't be happier for James. It was an epic moment in an epic time for disc golf.

I always love looking at that chart.. notice the last stretch of James and Paul's run. Both went birdie on 5 of the 6 last holes (in regulation). I need to go back and watch the back 9 again.

Obviously James' and Paul's upward trends at the end get speak to their strong finish, but look at Barsby's and Eagle's... they just didn't get off to a great start.

Barsby's trendline pretty much looks like one of continuous improvement throughout the tournament.

Last edited:
I had thought the same thing on McBeth's sudden death FH tee shot…looking at the line he put it on I thought it looked money out of his hand. Get some skip love towards the pin and was surprised to see the forward skip into the water instead.

I'm guessing he threw raptor? It was definitely not a zone. Maybe the disc coming down from the elevated tee led to the direction of the skip.

I had thought the same thing on McBeth's sudden death FH tee shot…looking at the line he put it on I thought it looked money out of his hand. Get some skip love towards the pin and was surprised to see the forward skip into the water instead.

I'm guessing he threw raptor? It was definitely not a zone. Maybe the disc coming down from the elevated tee led to the direction of the skip.

Both of McBeth's shots on 16 in the final round landed past the basket, but the first one got lucky to stick. Kevin Jones landed in the same spot that Paul did and kicked long into the water.

Compare that to the 4 forehands thrown the previous day by the lead card, which all landed short of (or on) the pin. 3 of them stuck and the one that didn't was a near-ace that rolled OB. The previous day, Paul threw a much lower shot that landed short of the pin and stuck. I think Paul actually threw suboptimal shots both times in the final round.

I don´t know if i´m reading the stats wrong, but i get it to 231 OBs on hole 16 in all rounds MPO

Latest posts