• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Reviewer of the Year

Aghh and I was finally catching up to you. I don't think I'm going to make it past 75... have about 13 more from my recent trip to write and going to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks, but thats about it. I'm hoping I can make it in the upper half of that 6-10 range.
The other open question is whether I'll get around to writing all the reviews by the end of the year haha.

A couple of my reviews that are counting towards this year's total, are for courses that I played last fall.

What's funny is that I have played over 200 courses this year so far, but only reviewed 20 of them. I have done a few reviews recently after not doing any for a long time.

What's funny is that I have played over 200 courses this year so far, but only reviewed 20 of them. I have done a few reviews recently after not doing any for a long time.

I see that Pizza God dropped a bunch of reviews last week and is up to 31. Although he doesn't review them all, i appreciate that he finds the time to review the one's with no reviews, a few reviews and one's that haven't been reviewed in awhile.

i plan to review 1 each week for the remainder of the year, which would put me at 57. I'm not sure 57 makes the top ten this year.

I see that Pizza God dropped a bunch of reviews last week and is up to 31. Although he doesn't review them all, i appreciate that he finds the time to review the one's with no reviews, a few reviews and one's that haven't been reviewed in awhile.
Yea, if there is no review, I try to do those first. But when I was posting pictures this weedend, I noticed a few review that were just not accurate. I had to put in my 2 cents worth.

I have always been that way, I try to review courses with no reviews first. I don't usually do courses that have lots of reviews even though those get the most "likes"

Its going to take at least 40 reviews to make the top ten. Moose (in 10th) just dropped review 40 on the year. Only one reviewer in the top 25 has less than 20 reviews. The top 5 are all over 70 reviews. 8 reviews currently nets a top 50 showing.

Its going to take at least 40 reviews to make the top ten. Moose (in 10th) just dropped review 40 on the year. Only one reviewer in the top 25 has less than 20 reviews. The top 5 are all over 70 reviews. 8 reviews currently nets a top 50 showing.
We're also only 26 reviews away from matching the average review count for the top 25 between 2008 and 2022. The top 25 currently have 1,156 and the average is 1181.5.

We're also only 26 reviews away from matching the average review count for the top 25 between 2008 and 2022. The top 25 currently have 1,156 and the average is 1181.5.
We will blow that out of the water! I have 4 more to write before I leave on my next trip Thursday to bag more 🤣

I have 4 in the queue now as well. And will have more in the queue after tomorrow. :cool:

I don't have any left to write right now.

Got a few days coming up in the twin cities though...😉
Twin Cities is such a great disc golf destination. I have only spent one day there, I need to go back. That said, I'm jealous Wolfy gets to call Wisconsin home... probably still my favorite DG state.

I've got a big trip that will be resulting in at least 5 or 6 new courses for me. That means more reviews, yay!

I also have a couple of South Florida courses in the Keys/Miami that need reviews, so those will come before the end of the year as well.

With sillybizz's review of Idaho Falls Country Club, this is officially an above average year for review counts among the top 25 reviewers! This year is really stacking up to be a banner year for many reviewers, and a great year overall for the site.

Here's how all the years stack up between '08 and '23:

1. '09 - 1,646
2. '10 - 1,431
3. '12 - 1,287
4. '11 - 1,273
5. '14 - 1,245
6. '21 - 1,186
7. '23 - 1,183 ***
8. '18 - 1,171
9. '20 - 1,167
10. '08 - 1,157
11. '13 - 1,139
12. '16 - 1,059
13. '17 - 1,040
14. '15 - 983
15. '22 - 977
16. '19 - 963

I have a feeling that as the new owners upgrade the site, people will come back.

The reviews will always be better because of the space we have available.

I see on the other apps discussion board, people are asking for the photo's to be organized. I still think this site could be better like the OG site was.

If the new DGCR app works well, specially if they can built a mapping function, with how much UDIsc is charging to use the app these days, you may see more people try other options, DGCR needs to be that option.

you don't have to tell us Course collectors this, we already know DGCR is 1000 times better to keep track of where you have played. And because we police ourselves well, we don't have as much junk in the courses.

It really bugs me on the other app, that if a course is closed, it gets deleted. Here it is Extinct and you can still pull up pictures, old reviews and such.

With sillybizz's review of Idaho Falls Country Club, this is officially an above average year for review counts among the top 25 reviewers! This year is really stacking up to be a banner year for many reviewers, and a great year overall for the site.

1. '09 - 1,646
2. '10 - 1,431
3. '12 - 1,287
4. '11 - 1,273
5. '14 - 1,245
6. '21 - 1,186
7. '23 - 1,183 ***
8. '18 - 1,171
9. '20 - 1,167
10. '08 - 1,157
11. '13 - 1,139
12. '16 - 1,059
13. '17 - 1,040
14. '15 - 983
15. '22 - 977
16. '19 - 963
My numbers may not be (or ever have been) very high, but I'm on track to add more reviews this year than I have in the past 3 or 4 years combined.

1. '09 - 1,646
2. '10 - 1,431
3. '12 - 1,287
4. '11 - 1,273
5. '14 - 1,245
6. '21 - 1,186
7. '23 - 1,183 ***
8. '18 - 1,171
9. '20 - 1,167
10. '08 - 1,157
11. '13 - 1,139
12. '16 - 1,059
13. '17 - 1,040
14. '15 - 983
15. '22 - 977
16. '19 - 963

2009-2012 really was the prime of DGCR.

2023 is the most reviews I've ever had in a year. there was about a 5 year period where I played only a handful of times and had less than that in reviews. I'm glad that I've picked the sport back up and am reviewing again. I'm grateful to have met other course baggers over the years and of course @wolfhaley @Mrs. wolfhaley @playrecords I met up with this year for the first time and had a blast. I hadn't seen my friend @cefire in person in too long and got to play Caliber in Northern Idaho wit him which is one of the best courses I've ever played, as well as hit some random Boise area courses. Got to Base Camp, played in 4 different states this year... Long story short it's been a great year for me and DGCR and reviewing courses has been a huge part of that!

I've got 6-8 reviews written and ready to post whenever I feel like it. This includes ones going as far back as April. By the time I post them, some will be 6 months old. I do it this way so I can still be posting a new one once a week or so rather than a bunch at once then nothing for awhile.
I'm now up to 22 reviews that are written and waiting to be published. That's seems like a lot. I could publish one a week and have enough to last until the last week of March.

I'm now up to 22 reviews that are written and waiting to be published. That's seems like a lot. I could publish one a week and have enough to last until the last week of March.
If any of those courses don't have a review yet, might as well move those to the front of your list.

Honest question. Why sit on reviews for so long? If they're written already just post them. The point of reviews is to help others decide on which courses to play. Why hold out? Wellsbranch does this too. What am I missing here? It's certainly not thumbs up for any of us. Legit curious.

2009-2012 really was the prime of DGCR.

2023 is the most reviews I've ever had in a year. there was about a 5 year period where I played only a handful of times and had less than that in reviews. I'm glad that I've picked the sport back up and am reviewing again. I'm grateful to have met other course baggers over the years and of course @wolfhaley @Mrs. wolfhaley @playrecords I met up with this year for the first time and had a blast. I hadn't seen my friend @cefire in person in too long and got to play Caliber in Northern Idaho wit him which is one of the best courses I've ever played, as well as hit some random Boise area courses. Got to Base Camp, played in 4 different states this year... Long story short it's been a great year for me and DGCR and reviewing courses has been a huge part of that!

It's funny, when I read this we just finished playing 8 courses with @playrecords over two days. It was awesome. We got to chat about some Utah courses and Colorado courses. Full circle kind of shit.

We'll see each other again.