• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3rd Annual Okthrowberfest - DGCR Dye Contest is HERE!

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
You've been lurking all year in anticipation, now it's finally here --
6118985516_ae304fb5f7_z.jpg

----- DGCR's 3rd Annual Okthrowberfest is being sponsored by The Dyer's Guild -----

Prizes will include DiscGolfCenter.com gift certificates and premium dyeable plastic ----- white Ions, Glow discs (Glo Z Stalker & Buzzz, Champion Valkyrie), Cryztal Z Challenger ---

Total payout is already
OVER TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!
:hfive:

This is OKTHROWBERFEST -- dye your interpretation of what you think that could represent -- the changing seasons, Halloween, Octoberfest; there's no concrete science to it, but something that fits for this time of the disc golfing year.

((click here to see last year's entries and results))

Anyone can enter -- maximum two entries.

Submit your dyes by sending me a PM with a clean picture on a clean background.

Entries will be finalized one week before Halloween -- MONDAY, OCTOBER 24th, at Midnight EASTERN.

This allows one week of voting through an open thread to determine a top 10, which will then be voted on by a panel of judges.

Payouts will go to the top three dyes overall for the gift certificates, and a new kink to this year's contest is the additional dyeable plastic added to the prize pool -- the Dyer's Guild will be paying these out to the top non-Guild dyes to get some blank canvases in some talented hands and help further the maddening addiction that is disc dyeing!

Get your fingers flexed and your blades sharpened --- I have no doubt this year will be the best Okthrowberfest yet!

Remember, SEND YOUR ENTRY/S IN A PM TO ME --- I will post them all together after the deadline so everybody can see them all at once. Don't go chucking up your entries in the Dye-A-Day thread!

GOOD LUCK!

This will be some serious fun, I can't wait to see what get's posted on these pages! I got a glow buzzz but still haven't found the right image for it, I'm off on a search.

I judged last year and I be willing to do it again. It was close last year but I bet there will be some really good ones this year. :thmbup:

We are still accepting donations! If you are not a dyer but come here regularly to check out the cool art people are putting on discs please consider a single disc donation. This is a great opportunity for you to reward these people for all their hard work.

We are still accepting donations! If you are not a dyer but come here regularly to check out the cool art people are putting on discs please consider a single disc donation. This is a great opportunity for you to reward these people for all their hard work.

YES! Any donations at all would be great -- you know any plastic that gets put up will end up getting dyed! Show your support for the artists that keep you coming back to these threads, or that keep your bag full of interesting and unique dyed discs!

Are there hand cut and plotter categories or is everything all together?

This year's Okthrowberfest is a straight-up contest, but we are going to payout a bonus to the best hand-cut disc regardless of where it finishes in the voting.

I can definitely tell you this -- We're going to spread the payout as far as we can -- with more $$ and plastic donations continuing to come in, were going to have a lot of people that will win something, while still making sure that the best dyes get great payouts, and that the best Non-Guilders get loaded up too, regardless of position.

The more prizes that come in, the more we can spread the payout, and right now were off to a great start! :popcorn:

I have a feeling competition is going to be stiff this year, can't wait to see all the entries. There's been so many good new dyers and the level of dyeing has really gone up quite a bit in the last year.

My donation to the prize pool, an ESP Surge (stamp wiped, except for Nate Doss' sig).

Attachments

• donate.jpg
    donate.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

A HUGE thanks to our latest sponsor, HALLOWEEN EXPRESS -- $100 CASH donation to the prize fund!

Be sure to thank them by finding your local Halloween Express and getting loaded up on their spooktacular gear this year!!

ESPECIALLY if your in Texas/Houston/Louisiana area!!!

Big THANKS to Jeff Corbin/jsc430 for helping make this year's Okthrowberfest bigger than ever!