• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

6 courses to go within a 150 miles of my zip code

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I live in southern california and I was curious how many courses there were with in 100 miles and there are 48. I have played 44 of those 48 and will knock one more off this weekend since its close by and didnt realize it was considered a practice course and you need to click that tab on the course page for it to appear.
What I though was really cool was that when I bumped it up to 150 miles I only was missing 2 more. So out of 65 courses within 150 miles I am missing 6 courses. Of those 6, one is by mexico 3.5 hours away, one is in Las Vegas I will get, One is 1.5 hours away on a military base that needs access which I have but still long way to go, one is in San diego that I will also get, another one is high in the mountains that is private and havent been able to figure out how to get on, and last I will play this weekend. So it will be 5 to go, I bet I have played more Southern California courses then anyone.
Is there anyway to tell who has played the most courses in any states. Is there a feature to check that? I have 82 of the 195 courses in California and 26 of 36 in Arizona. I think I saw someone once who had all but one course in Arizona. So Who else has been killing there area? Anyone 100 percent at either 100 or 150 miles?

My zip code is 92555!

I have 439 courses within 150 miles . . . Midwest . . . home to more course baggers than any other region in this country!

I have played 171 of those courses (38%)

@lion well damn if your that close to finishing arizona, then I say take a trip down there when you can, and play those 10 last courses
playing 100 courses seems crazy compared to my 4, well without a car, travel is hard of course lol

I have played them all. Literally. Every course in the world. Muahahahaha!

Obviously, I'm kidding. That's awesome dude...I still have a bunch to play near me. I only have 14.5% of the 76 in my state.

I DO have 100% of Rhode Island done though! :p

As to your question...it might be something an admin would have access to perhaps?

I'm real low 23% - Only played 44 (62 total) of the 188 within 150 miles of me.

94 within 100 miles of 20143

Have played 78 of them (~83%).

Of the 16 not played:
  • 7 are mini/object courses
  • 7 are private (some allowing access with prior arrangements, others no access period)
  • 2 readily open to public

Brett is the PDGA state coordinator for Illinois (he's #19325 here on DGCR). He tries to make a point to play every course in the state of Illinois. He reached his goal last year, and continues to play any new courses that go in the ground. I think he also reviews every course that he plays (edit: looks like he didn't always do that, but it's a habit he has gotten into now).

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=1910

Last edited:
163 courses within 150 miles of 47150. Played 54 of them or 33%.

nice post, yeah he's killing it in the state of Illinois. I found one person who had 101 of the 195 courses in california done. It does get tough when you need guides on objest courses and when course are open only like 3 weeks a year. Some are tough.

Brett is the PDGA state coordinator for Illinois (he's #19325 here on DGCR). He tries to make a point to play every course in the state of Illinois. He reached his goal last year, and continues to play any new courses that go in the ground. I think he also reviews every course that he plays (edit: looks like he didn't always do that, but it's a habit he has gotten into now).

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=1910

When I look at SoCal, I get 55 courses within 100 miles of me.
Of those, I've played 29. That does include the whole Bakersfield area, which I need to get to.

I have played them all. Literally. Every course in the world. Muahahahaha!

Obviously, I'm kidding. That's awesome dude...I still have a bunch to play near me. I only have 14.5% of the 76 in my state.

I DO have 100% of Rhode Island done though! :p

As to your question...it might be something an admin would have access to perhaps?

that dont count;)

I have 74 within 100 miles and 38 to be played. Of course two of those were just redesigns of 4-6 holes and marked as new courses:confused:

If I hadnt of broken my leg that number would be decreased by 10

I like how it's "as the crow flies" and not by roads.. some of those that are within "100 miles" of me are probably closer to 150+ by road, over mountain passes, and through canyons.
For example the state bridge course although it says it is just over 100 miles is actually closer to 200 by driving.
So within 100 miles I am at about 35%.. if I jump it up to 150.. goes to 30%.. some of these courses that say 150 are actually closer to 230 by car

118 courses within 185 miles (even though I set the miles at 150 from my zip :confused:), this comprises courses in IL, IA, IN, MO, and KY...37 that I have not played yet...only have 2 left in IL south of I74

Latest posts