• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Putter like a Voodoo, but more durable for drives

So you mean it fades out when throwing powered down shots...so does mine. Just about every disc will when it doesn't reach a cruising speed.

My long range/go for shot putter is a beat in one. It's a turnover driver at 225-275ft and nice and staight from 75-150ish. IT glides more, but you still have to get some spin on it...when you do, it will hold the line all the way in.

Guess I shouldn't pussyfoot around my throw, but outside of 200 feet, I usually feel better served with a Comet or Buzzz, or even an overstable one that I can fade into the circle.

Guess I shouldn't pussyfoot around my throw, but outside of 200 feet, I usually feel better served with a Comet or Buzzz, or even an overstable one that I can fade into the circle.

I often use my Buzzzs down to 200ft, depending on the line I want...always an overlap area between putters and mids at 225-250 (275 is really pushing it for a putter for me) Usually the amount of fade I want and the ceiling I have is the determining factor. Admittedly, I need to get back out and practice putter drives.

But as far as stalling out, I've usually found that to be me: not throwing asertively to the basket, but rather tentatively, loosing the spin and speed required to hold the line.

Vibram summit is not the disc you are looking for. When driving with it it will turn with any power/speed. If you are looking to purchase a vibram product a ridge would be a better choice. New they have some fade, but after a while of beating them up the are straight flyers.

Grip Line Lat. 64 Pure- easy drives to 300' straight even into a headwind, Plastic is harder but obviously with the name you can GRIP it and doesnt seem to get any more under-stable breaking in. Almost rubber like but still firm. Small predictable fade and lots of glide!

Grip Line Lat. 64 Pure- easy drives to 300' straight even into a headwind, Plastic is harder but obviously with the name you can GRIP it and doesnt seem to get any more under-stable breaking in. Almost rubber like but still firm. Small predictable fade and lots of glide!

I've heard mixed reviews about the pure's concistency. I'll admit that the plastic is pretty sweet, tho.

I've heard mixed reviews about the pure's concistency. I'll admit that the plastic is pretty sweet, tho.

Never had issues with max weights or GRIP line but Zero yes just due to the softness like a new waxy DX... kinda junk IMO but people like soft discs sometimes? almost has to be replaced after a year though where my GRIP line pure is going on its 2nd year still flying like it was new. It is not as EASY to throw as some of the standard putters many fellow DG'ers have come to love but never had issues with it being inconsistent more just my throw...

People blame discs too easy for their bad throws :p

may i ask what is a voodoo like?

Small diameter, rounded rim with a tiny bead. It has a neutral flight, can fly dead straight and drop. It has very little glide. People call it a "beat in Wizard" but IMO that's not a great description. Wizards will beat in to be leaky but still fade, Voodoo's don't really ever have fade but they'll beat in to a leak-and-turn flight.