• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

? about jump putt.

No. You must have a supporting point on the ground at the time the disc is released. Jump putt is a bit of a misnomer. To be legal, it really has to be a putt jump.

If you're within the circle putt jumps are a no-no as all supporting points must be behind the lie and in control before and after the disc is released.

No, You must be touching the ground or a playing surface when you release.

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off
A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is
in contact with the playing surface on the line
of play and within 30 centimeters directly
behind the marker disc (except as specified in
803.04 E); and,

I'm old, I throw about 320+ but can putt accurately with my regular putting motion at 100 ft. Never jump putt, it does no good and you don't need it.

If you have to keep one foot planted on the ground before the disc leaves your hand, all you are doing is following through with your body. I fail to see the advantage, but to each their own.

if you're going to jump putt...do it right, and do it with a purple polecat

jumpputt.jpg

If you have to keep one foot planted on the ground before the disc leaves your hand, all you are doing is following through with your body. I fail to see the advantage, but to each their own.
:thmbup:
I've always said this along with, if you have to use more than your arm to throw a disc accurately 100 ft, you're pretty weak.

I was going to say that about Felberg, arguably the top putter in the world

I'm old, I throw about 320+ but can putt accurately with my regular putting motion at 100 ft. Never jump putt, it does no good and you don't need it.

that's about my position on the subject. i do well enough with my regular putting motion, so i don't see the need, nor see the benefit.

plus, i look REALLY gay when i do it... NTTAWWT.

Tell that to Dave Feldberg, or Paul Ulibarri. Not sure they would agree.

i don't think ulibarri is the person to consult on this matter since locastro stomped him, and everyone else, by 6 strokes or so at this year's stl open (though that may have not come down to putting...) :\

You can argue putting styles until Timg decides to shut down the site and not get anywhere.

I straddle putter everything possible, so personally, I jump putt at about 40 ft. The jump is really the body's follow through. Engaging the legs to give a little axtra power to the body and arm is a natural feel for me. I really don't get much height at all, but it works.

I guess I must be weak, though in my basketball days, I was told to use my legs for free throws, and usually left the ground slightly. I shot about 80%, was I wrong?

PUtting is personal....leave it that way.

And, yes, bcr123psu is the greatest putter in the world....so I've heard...

Tell that to Dave Feldberg, or Paul Ulibarri. Not sure they would agree.
I bet if they didn't putt that way they'd win more. Doesn't matter who does it, throwing a 175 gram disc accurately 100 ft does not require a lot of strength.
that's about my position on the subject. i do well enough with my regular putting motion, so i don't see the need, nor see the benefit.

plus, i look REALLY gay when i do it... NTTAWWT.

plus; plus, you could twist an ankle.

Latest posts