• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2012

Codester1011

Par Member
Figured I would get us started :)

Second ace ever, first one with witnesses. Hole 11 at Riverpark Utah, thrown with a 150g blizzard TeeDevil. Nice short 260 ft hole.

I haven't had much experience with the regular ones, but so far it is just a bit less LSS and a bit more sensitive to OAT, and a touch glidier. Poor releases make it flip, but it was able to hold strong in a ~10mph head wind without a problem.

I started last year by acing in our winter league on Jan 6th. This year it took until Jan 12th to get an ace :-D

Again, it was on special winter league layout, this time though on a practice round. The hole is around 90m (295') with trees blocking the straight and hyzer routes, but wide open on the anny side (for rhbh). My practice buddy started by parking his drive on his QOLS, 10' long of the pin. I followed suit by also throwing a QOLS on a beautiful anny which it held all the way to the chains.

Now I just need to repeat it in the league round :p

Finally got another. Hole one at NE Lions. About 290 into 20ish mph headwind with Z Pred.

2012-01-22103650.jpg

Got #4 Saturday. Hit #6 in the Blair Witch at Badlands (left pos.). Too bad it was with my beat upshot Wiz.. time to start beating a new one.
Got 2 Wizard and 2 Teebird Aces now.

Hit the same hole as the OP. Hole #11 riverpark UT. 260'. Hyzered a jokeri straight in. Hit the back of the basket and just stuck.

I must be snakebit or something...

Saturday at the weekly, marked 275' but I think it's shorter, throw my putter straight at the basket, it looks good all the way down to the basket, then dips low at the last second and I'm about 5' short. Then today I flip out an anney that curves around a tree, hits the chains weak side and spits out.

No ace for me, two really good looks. It's been well over a year since I aced... I gotta be due. :x

First ace of 2012, first paying ace ever! Lorch Park, Cedar Hill, TX - Coyote Course, hole 15 (short tee that we use for Sunday minis). 200' tops downhill anhyzer flex with my 168 white M Ion :)

Got another ace on the winter league layout in Hiironen. Hole #17, probably just 70m (230') or so, throwing the same Grip-line Pure that already got one ace on it, absolutely straight line all the way to chains. You could see it going in from half way there. "It's going in, it's going in.." *ching* \o/

And on the next round another guy from my pool also threw an ace on a different hole. Awesome day :)

Congratulations! But you know it was a too powerful shot if it is at basket distance at that height and not fading? This is not meant as raining on your parade. It is ok to overpower if there is a hill right behind the basket that will stop the disc within putting distance. Otherwise for better overall scoring over each round you'd be better making ace runs as high steeply dropping down hyzers. Or if that line is not available then just throwing at lower power under the bucket. Two aces on a Pure is pretty damn sweet though :)

First Ace of 2012, March 13th. Hole 7 on the White course at Brewer Park. It's about 270' and about 10' downhill. It's a straight hole with the pin tucked under and slightly behind a mature Ash tree. I threw a seasoned dx Roc into about a 5-8mph headwind right down the middle and watched it slowly turn and finish solidly into the left side of the cha-cha-chains!

I found a DGA riptide at a course today and decided to throw it to see how it flew. Well, i sidearmed it right into the basket. Hole 14 Red arrow.

rusch_bag said:
Got hole 14 at red arrow again today. Z drone.

You're on a roll! I witnessed one today and there were two others at the course today as well :D

Got hole 23 at Blue Ribbon with my putter yesterday.

Latest posts