• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2012

Hit my first Ace ever during our handicap leagues up here in Northeastern PA. Hole 13 at Francis E Walter Dam, about 268'. Threw a sky hyzer with a Hydra, lol.

archimedesjs said:
Hit my first Ace ever during our handicap leagues up here in Northeastern PA. Hole 13 at Francis E Walter Dam, about 268'. Threw a sky hyzer with a Hydra, lol.

doesnt count, it was with a hydra

A few weeks ago a friend of mine aced Top Of The World, #27 at De LaVeaga with an X Buzzz. He had it turning right, and then it stopped and took a hard turn to the left for a trip straight to the chains! It was an awesome sight.

Hit hole #13 at Peters Creek DGC with a Soft Wiz. 3rd one on it this year and 5 total on this hole.

Steve said:
inthedrift said:
Hit hole #13 at Peters Creek DGC with a Soft Wiz. 3rd one on it this year and 5 total on this hole.
go play a different course :D

Yeah, I hear ya. :D PC is the course to play around here when the weather is less than favorable, and just to get away from the other courses too when you've played them the last several rounds. It's a shorter, tightly wooded course which I enjoy. I've got 3 at other courses this year. :mrgreen:

Steve said:
inthedrift said:
go play a different course :D

So...I aced it again today. I did however play two different courses in between the two. :D My friend and I had invited a young lady who was playing solo to join us for the remainder of the round, and when we got to hole 13 he told her I'd aced it 3 times this year and could very well do it again. And that's exactly what happened. :D

You gotta play the macho man card more often so as of now i command you to play with young ladies each time :) 8)

Hit #13 from the red tee @ CHU with a Wizard on my birthday (7/21).
Makes my 3rd Ace with a Wizard and first Ace not at Badlands.

I had my first ace ever today. It was #9 on the Rotary Park course in Huntington, WV. It was actually kind of bitter-sweet. The sweet part is that I finally got an ace. The bitter part is that there wasn't a soul around to witness it. I tried to get some friends to play a round after I got off work, but none of them could make it, so I said "hell with it" and played a round by myself. Of course that's when I ace a hole.

Anyways, I'm not sure of the footage. Probably 250 or so with a decent headwind. I threw a star leopard and it started off looking like it was going to turn and burn and fly off the side of the mountain. Then it was lifted abruptly by the wind and started fading hard and set down in the basket.

I immediately took a pic from the pad and sent it to my friends. Anybody that knows me knows that I'm far too lazy to go put a disc in the basket and then walk all the way back to the tee, so hopefully that pic will be sufficient proof for my friends. I think they'll still bust my balls about it though. Haha

Man I'm having some luck this year. #8 for 2012, Hole 9 at Peters Creek DGC. Firebird flick into the chains. My friend had aced hole 7 during our first round, and handed me the $5 bill I'd given him then. We then went to hole 10, where he got his 2nd ace of the day and the $5 right back. :D

I got my first ever 7-17-2012, hole 7 at Belmont Park in Dayton, OH. 265 feet the sign says (if I remember right), Straight out from the tee Hyzered right into the chains. One of the two guys lighting up by the tee called it when it left my hand!
Ace.jpg

321efebc-934f-6966.jpg

Fourth ace and my third ace on a putter. Hit the nipple on the top of the pan and flipped in. Never touched chain.

Hole #8 Town Lake in McKinney during a league round. Won the daily ace pot and promptly paid dues to join so the next time it happens I can get the full ace pot.

Not bad for the 6th round in the last 1.5-2 years.

Aced hole 18 Yadkin county park 373' for $292. 173g meteor.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=857&mode=media&view=hole&hole=18&page=1#

Hit my fourth ace this year on Saturday. Hole 14 from the short at Sunnyside park in Atlantic, IA. Hit it during a tournament and was in the ace fund for a nice payday!

2 aces in a month, 3rd ever. 1st was hole 10 at the American Legion course in Mountaintop, PA. New course, so footage isn't exact, it was about a 210' hyzer with a pig. A few weeks later I hit another one on hole 7 at Yetter Park in East Stroudsburg, PA. 240' hole, threw a stand-still shot with a wizard. Both were during casual rounds, so no ace pot money :( Been playing 3 years though without an ace, now 3 all within a few months of each other, when it rains it pours!

Second ace this year, 3rd ever. I knew it was coming as I had hit basket 5 times in the last two weeks, 3 of which were today. Nice 350ish shot into the basket, Riverpark Hole E.

Latest posts