• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adding a wheel to a practice basket?

Kent18

Bogey Member
Just got my Innova disc catcher sport. Not sure if I need to add extra inner chains to it, so far seems to catch great. However, my friends and I have big plans for this basket in terms of making up holes on a huge swath of land at our work over lunch. Its not the heaviest thing ever but it is not light either. Anyone ever attach a wheel to this thing before? I have read most of the basket threads (lots of good ones) but couldn't find anything on it.

Sorry, no advice on adding wheels...my portable (locally made, PDGA-approved, $170, custom colors) came with 'em! :thmbup:

Attachments

• basket1.jpg
    basket1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 81
  • basket2.jpg
    basket2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 54
  • basket3.jpg
    basket3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 59
I wouldn't advise it unless you reinforce the stem. If you are leaning it to get the wheel going, all that weight will eventually put a hurtin on the screw.

Never thought I needed wheels on mine but I did install six inner chains and they made a huge difference. Good basket overall.