• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] All Unique Putters?

^ Big Dog was really hard not to turn and the rim cracked one the first tree hit.
Retired to playing catch duties.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Discraft Rattler! It's basically a disc golf sized ultimate disc!.

I still say the most unique legal putters are 1. the 10 Meter Brick for Quest AT now in plastic like the old floppy Supream, 2. the Arrow from Aerobie (cousin uses one for putts that need to sit or for playing the one course in Minnesota that has the cone holes,3. the DGA discs in the Steady special floppy plastic, 4. Ching in Supreme plastic (my dad uses this disc after testing a friends disc the stiffer low profile lid midrange/putter hybrid that has the same thumb grips), and 5 last the Sonic.

Another unique putter not on the list is the Sinus, the grip pads is why otherwise it is just a OS Zone or Pig without the thumbtrack type of disc. Also the Stego is OS s they come for any disc period, have not seen in person but I have seen on YouTube from several throwers with the OS mistake. Last is the One that has little glide from Innova the Bullfrog, it has more a 1.5 in glide then the 1 that Innova gives it but the mold will not as a putter fly more then 250-275 feet for players maybe 300 feet for a top amateur on up reading testimony for use as a driving putter it will die at this distance. Seeing one in person, the disc shape is more to that of a Rhyno sans the thumbtrack but it is a little different. Also the $$ or money putter was unique for the few years it was out, a lid with a wing added to the mold.

Last edited:
The Company Element discs had Unique deep putters Iridium and ____that it seems an new company AGL is making the disc molds, they seem to have bought the molds and production parts from Element Disc.

The Company Element discs had Unique deep putters Iridium and ____that it seems an new company AGL is making the disc molds, they seem to have bought the molds and production parts from Element Disc.
Element didn't have any molds and/or production parts to sell. Their production was contracted out. The Iridium was made by Gateway and used the Reptilian putter top with the Warlock wing; those mold pieces are still safely at Gateway where they use them to make the Warlocks and Scales I throw at trees on the regular.

Element didn't have any molds and/or production parts to sell. Their production was contracted out. The Iridium was made by Gateway and used the Reptilian putter top with the Warlock wing; those mold pieces are still safely at Gateway where they use them to make the Warlocks and Scales I throw at trees on the regular.

Thanks, I did not know. Nice to see another company AGL using the molds from Gateway to make those deep putters.

Does the sinus count? the grip pads on top are fairly unique
The idea is pretty old, though. Mark Ellis used to do this thing where they would burn in the hotstamps in a way that made a texture on the top, they were called "Lizard Skin Magnets." It just wasn't anything in demand enough that it became a regular production thing. I think the Sinus might be the first disc to do this on a regular production run, though. I'm not really sure about that; at this point there have been a lot of "little guys" who have done some innovative things here and there, but they couldn't compete and they fade away after a bit. I don't recall if any of them had brought this feature to the market before the Sinus.

The idea is pretty old, though. Mark Ellis used to do this thing where they would burn in the hotstamps in a way that made a texture on the top, they were called "Lizard Skin Magnets." It just wasn't anything in demand enough that it became a regular production thing. I think the Sinus might be the first disc to do this on a regular production run, though. I'm not really sure about that; at this point there have been a lot of "little guys" who have done some innovative things here and there, but they couldn't compete and they fade away after a bit. I don't recall if any of them had brought this feature to the market before the Sinus.

Yeah, the Sinus is really the only putter that has stood the test of time with that sort of feature. Latitude also makes the Spike that has 2 grip surfaces, but that's more of a approach or mid-range disc in my opinion

Closest I can think of is the Juju and the other midrange approach disc that had the thumbprints on the two discs Ching made. Ching was a Innova trilogy brand at the time, the smallest brand at the time to have Innova work with them in disc manufacturing/distribution but due to working with Innova the brand was not small.

Latest posts