• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else get bothered by this?

MooTaters

Double Eagle Member
Is there anyone else that seems to have this pet peeve when people say things like "hyzer finish" instead of fade or LSS or "anhyzer" instead of (high speed)turn or HSS. I don't know it just bothers me when people use the angle that it's thrown terminology as terminology for how a disc flies. I still understand what they are saying, but I guess it just bothers me somehow.

A lot of people I know will yell for a disc to turn over when they really mean fade or vice versa. this really drives me crazy, and when I correct them they just stare like idiots.

I'm still new enough that **** like this dont matter to much I yell all sorts of **** at my disc to try n get it to listen n change its flight path... should it matter what you yell when you throw bad, NO

It's somewhat akin to all the times I want to correct grammar and spelling. I just have to bite my tongue because, man, it's not worth it.

You only need to spell the first and last letters correctly, apparently the others dont matter

You olny need to slepl the fsrit and lsat ltetres ctlrreocy....

The one that gets me is.... "that disc is crazy stable." When talking about a disc that is very overstable. I think that technically an "extremely stable" disc would be a straight flyer.

....but it doesn't really bother me and I don't feel the need to correct anyone with the way I think it should be interperated.

I think you guys are way to sesitive. When I am playing I could care less if a guy says his disc just took a dump on the I-10 Freeway. Let people say what they want. If someone is throwing , let them say what they want.

It shouldn't bother anyone but I can understand where your coming from. People that know what that terminology means shouldn't be saying it but from time to time i'll accidently tell my disc to turn when I really mean fade just because I throw sidearm and backhand equally. I get confused sometimes :p

It shouldn't bother anyone but I can understand where your coming from. People that know what that terminology means shouldn't be saying it but from time to time i'll accidently tell my disc to turn when I really mean fade just because I throw sidearm and backhand equally. I get confused sometimes :p

I never say "fade". I always say turn, hyzer, turn over, or flex.