• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else get bothered by this?

I have a hard time believing that after I throw a disc the flight will change based on whether the terminology I am yelling is correct or not.

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it's not true. And by the same logic just because you believe something doesn't make it true.

im talkin low speed fade at the end of the flight, turn over is the high speed turn.

In that case, you're absolutely correct. I'd be stomping somebody's ass if they said that.

Ha ha that's funny! What happens when I tell my disc to "come back"? Should it actually return to my hand, or just fade like I want it to?

Not really, the 2 things that wear me out are when people say "is this outside of 30?" Its not 30 it actullay 32 10. The second is when people say that a disc is stable when they actually mean overstable.

I really try and not have little things like that drive me crazy since there are more worthy issues to get bent out of shape over. When I do point out something like that and I get a "does it matter" response I say "only if you want me to understand what you're talking about!"

Just don't try and correct my hand signals :rolleyes:

a hyzer is a throw that is designed to take advantage of the natural angle of the disc. For example, an RHBH hyzer is a shot that fades to the left.

A hyzer throw is the exact opposite of an anhyzer throw. The disc is tilted so that the left side of the disc is lower than the right causing the disc's flight to turn left.

so hyzer finish means that at the end it fades left... Doesn't sound wrong to me. Now if they call a S curve a hyzer, that's wrong, but it does have a hyzer finish. There's a key word in there. The only thing that gets me is when people say turn when they mean fade, I'll just explain to them the difference and be done.

Oh god. I just realized that Seinfeld would have a FIT if he saw those boa lace things..

"What's the deal with those Boa laces? Are they snakes? For your feet? I mean C'Mon! Do I really need a python to keep my shoe on..."

\/\/

I'm still new enough that **** like this dont matter to much I yell all sorts of **** at my disc to try n get it to listen n change its flight path... should it matter what you yell when you throw bad, NO

I'm not saying if your yelling at the disc I'm just talking about when people try and describe things incorrectly like that.

actually I get annoyed at people that get annoyed at people using the correct terminology. Hyzer is correct and anhyzer is correct.

Hyzer is how you release it just as anhyzer is. Hyzer is different from fade.

DGR "Hyzer - Releasing the disc with the outer edge at an angle lower than parallel to the ground. This will cause the most discs to curve to the left."

And I generally keep it in when people do say it. Just thought I'd put this thread out there. I never hear people on the DG course yelling hyzer or turn over so I have no reason to say anything out there either. I'm talking when I see it on here or hear it in a video, not on the course.

a hyzer is a throw that is designed to take advantage of the natural angle of the disc. For example, an RHBH hyzer is a shot that fades to the left.

A hyzer throw is the exact opposite of an anhyzer throw. The disc is tilted so that the left side of the disc is lower than the right causing the disc's flight to turn left.

so hyzer finish means that at the end it fades left... Doesn't sound wrong to me. Now if they call a S curve a hyzer, that's wrong, but it does have a hyzer finish. There's a key word in there. The only thing that gets me is when people say turn when they mean fade, I'll just explain to them the difference and be done.

The thing is when they said hyzer finish they seemed to be talking about LSS or fade.

A call back to page 1 I have to mention is my buddy who yells at his disc to "turn! TURN!" when he means fade. I also agree with Jeff's stable vs overstable complaint.

I may still be a noob, but I just had to laugh reading through some of this. Who gives a rip what someone calls it, or what they say to their disc in the air. I had no idea disc golfers could be so anal!

Shut up and throw! :D

I may still be a noob, but I just had to laugh reading through some of this. Who gives a rip what someone calls it, or what they say to their disc in the air. I had no idea disc golfers could be so anal!

Shut up and throw! :D

Oh, DG-ers are among the most anal I've ever met. Really, we're all just letting out that little bit of steam that builds up each time someone tries to be technical and fails. This is the group therapy thread ;)

I think it should be a one stroke penalty if someone talks sh:t to their disc while it's still in the air. LOL

Woodpecker < (would get lots of penalty strokes)

A call back to page 1 I have to mention is my buddy who yells at his disc to "turn! TURN!" when he means fade. I also agree with Jeff's stable vs overstable complaint.

yes, i hear this a lot and its the only thing that really bothers me. what i say and what i usually hear in this case is 'hook up' or 'baby come back' (followed by everyone on the card singing this song :( )

i just realized i do what Giles said. i will say 'man that disc is stable' when i mean 'overstable'. i guess ive never thought of it until now.

you see this thread was educational ;)

Latest posts