• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

What do you millennium throwers think of that set-up? Suggestions?

The QMS you did not like is supposed to be the more stable variant (just what I have read) compared to the MMS. I know I like the domier Orions in 1.2 Sirus compared to my MOLF.

I am very happy with my base Aurora, using it as a 100-200ft zip line on approaches, or a very constant curve from start to end. Many brag about a perfectly worn Roc, but I like the MS right out of the box.

My bag is all Millennium. I have no gaps and it's worked very well for me.

Drivers:
175 QOLF (overstable enough into moderate headwinds, for me)
172 SOLF 1.2 (main sidearm driver)
166 SOLF 1.1 (main RHBH driver)
166 MOLF (nice S shot driver)
166 SOLS (straight, period)
168 QJLS (straight fairway driver)
166 SJLS (beat, flippy fairway driver)
162 MOLS (max D, big air S shots, for me anyway...)
168 PLS (beat to crap, big annys)
166 PLS (straight - throw away driver :lol: )
150 QOLF (thumbers)

Mids:
167 SMS (very straight, use for 225' - 250')
175 S-Sent (hyzer shots)
180 Q-Sent San Marino (heavy headwind shots)

Approach and Putt:
175 Omega SS (dead straight for shots up to 250')
175 S-Omega (slight hyzer shots up to 250')
172 Omega SS (main putter $$$)

The SMS might be leaving the bag just because the Omega SS does the same thing. I really liked the QMS as well but it also does the same thing as the Omega SS. The Omega AP is nice and feels great but it doesn't like any headwind. The S-Omega is just right for mild to moderate headwind shots.

My bag is as follows:

Drivers:
174 - CE EXP-1 (nasty head wind, but not much distance as say a Firebird would get, but it's accurate)
173 - CE EXP-1 (Thumber Disc it's money!)
170 - QOLF (Distance, Medium Headwind, Predictable and very controlled)
170 - MOLF (Distance, Tail Wind, slight headwinds, turn over, and super straight)
169 - MOLF (Forehand, slighty more stable then my 170 MOLF)
168 - MOLS (Anhyzer, Distance, Tail wind, super Turnover with predictable results)
166 - SJLS (Fairway, very tight/controlled driver)
150 - SJLS (Fairway, very tight conditions and more geared for tailwind control)

Mids:
180 - Q-sentinel (Headwind Mid, hyzer approaches, forehand mid)
180 - QMS (Stiff, Medium Headwind mid, very nice S to this one)
169 - QMS (Control and Finesse QMS, Super, wicked straight)
180 - CE QMS (Super straight, anhyzer)

Putters:

175 - Omega SS (Main Putter)
175 - Q-Mega (Driver Putter, Tailwind & Anhyzer, Forehand)
175 - Sirius Omega (Headwind Putter, Hyzer Driver, Main Driver Putter)
160 - Q-mega (Jump Putter)

Audition:

168 - QPLS - Still trying to decide if this is going to stay in my bag. Jury is still out.

Most Likely Cut:

170 - SOLF (I am just more comfortable with the QOLF and MOLF and see no real reason for me to keep the SOLF in my set up, if it does, I'd consider moving it to Forehand duty, but it's most likely out)

Gap: ?
Maybe consider Max D, Heavy Headwind Driver (Firebird, Predator etc...) But other then that, I'm perfectly happy with my set up. You don't encounter a heavy headwind enough where you can't control it using the EXP-1 or Q-Sentinel, might cost you a possible birdie, but meh.
If the "JLF" ever gets approved that will be in my bag for sure! It's not Max D but it's basically a stable JLS, it is great on Forehand shots and medium to heavy headwinds. it's SICK!

I'm drooling for that JLF. Can't wait! I'm using the firebird right now, and it looks like the JLF will be the same distance as the firebird.

I try and Keep It Simple all the time

(175) MOLS
(165) MOLS
(175) SOLS
(162) SOLS
(175) QOLF
(175) CE EXP
(175) SOLF
(172) SOLF
(180) Q--Sentinel (San Marino)
(175) Super Softs (Black ) X 3

Disc #13 in my bag is what ever I am testing...changes all the time...thinking about trying a 150g QOLF (for all my fun trick shots)

I don't like buying discs I don't need and therefore need an advise, or an opinion, please.

What Millennium driver has minimum low speed fade on 210 - 270 assuming it has been thrown dead straight?

Thank you.

The bag is:

175 CE EXP
150 1,2 SOLF (coming)
175 1,1 SOLF
164 1,1 SOLF (main driver)
175 1,1 SOLS
171 1,1 SOLS
175 SMF
166 SMF
175 QMS (LOVE, LOVE LOVE)
175 CE QMS (coming)
175 Omega Driver
171 Omega Driver
175 Omega SS

Hwicha said:
What Millennium driver has minimum low speed fade on 210 - 270 assuming it has been thrown dead straight?
from shortest to longest for that range:
Omega (if you can get your putter that far)
Aurora MS
Polaris
JLS

I'd probably throw a QMS or a JLS for <300' with little fade. 210' is a putter shot.

you're missing something if your bag skips from the Aurora/Sentinel to Orions. try an SJLS (maybe a standard JLS to beat in for more understable). the JLS's will carve a course.

ZAMson said:
you're missing something if your bag skips from the Aurora/Sentinel to Orions. try an SJLS (maybe a standard JLS to beat in for more understable). the JLS's will carve a course.

Yeah, I feel like it too, something is missing.

Right now I am using a 175 SOLS for the narrow and straight fairways, but when it starts loosing speed, I loose up to 30 feet in the curve. If I loose a lighter SOLS I tend to overthrow the basket.

Thanks for the tips, I will try SJLS, I have seen some around and they were yellow :)

For the last 3 years or so I got pretty good at using my Polaris for thumbers/tommies and was wondering whether JLSs or SJLSs would also work. Any ideas?

The reason I'm asking is that all my current Polaris's are a bit too stiff (from age, I think), and they've lost any other purpose on the couse besides overhand shots. I don't have any JLSs at the moment but I'm probably going to replace the Polaris with one and I want to know if the JLS can pull double duty as well.

Gumbo said:
For the last 3 years or so I got pretty good at using my Polaris for thumbers/tommies and was wondering whether JLSs or SJLSs would also work. Any ideas?

The reason I'm asking is that all my current Polaris's are a bit too stiff (from age, I think), and they've lost any other purpose on the couse besides overhand shots. I don't have any JLSs at the moment but I'm probably going to replace the Polaris with one and I want to know if the JLS can pull double duty as well.
A QJLS or SJLS might work well for you, if the Polaris was doing good overhands. The newer Polaris runs are a nice plastic too.

ZAMson said:
Gumbo said:

A QJLS or SJLS might work well for you, if the Polaris was doing good overhands. The newer Polaris runs are a nice plastic too.

I love the latest Polaris runs. I have a 1.18 and two 1.19. They have a great feel and the plastic is grippy and not at all hard. I have some earlier Polaris runs (a 1.6 for instance) and it is much stiffer. If you like the Polaris stick with it. Like I said, the latest runs are great!

ZAMson said:
Gumbo said:

Hmmmm, I wonder how the QPLS would do as a Tomahawk disc....

Polaris LF. What happened to it? Is it a good disc to use? I think I have a couple for sale and I was thinking about tossing it a few times to see how it flies.

discdawg said:
Polaris LF. What happened to it? Is it a good disc to use? I think I have a couple for sale and I was thinking about tossing it a few times to see how it flies.
discontinued. it beats in to an LS too soon. it was replaced in the lineup by EXP and Sentinel.

Solbo said:
Where can I get a San Marino Q Sent. ... Those are the flat top correct?
ask dealers till you find some... it's a slow-selling disc. they're probably sitting around all over the country. new ones have been going out for about a year.

and yes, those are the flat ones.

discdawg said:
How can you tell if it is a San Marino? The Q Sents I have do not have the town stamped underneath.

If they don't say "San Marino" underneath then they aren't. I'll bet they have "WWW" at the begining of the lettering.

Steady 26542 said:
discdawg said:
How can you tell if it is a San Marino? The Q Sents I have do not have the town stamped underneath.

If they don't say "San Marino" underneath then they aren't. I'll bet they have "WWW" at the begining of the lettering.

yep. that is what they say.

Latest posts