• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

At what distance would you be content with throwing?

Votes: 13 4.6%

Votes: 8 2.9%

Votes: 49 17.5%

Votes: 24 8.6%

Votes: 71 25.4%
  • 425 plus

Votes: 93 33.2%
  • I am content with my current distance

Votes: 22 7.9%

• Total voters

The Happy Gilmore

Par Member
Obviously you drive for show and putt for dough but when it comes down to it, very few people actually practice putting and only work on distance (this I am guilty of). How many of you would actually work on putting more if you knew you could reach that amount you've always strived for?

i'm really more into 500+. that is where i personally feel you'll see a huge difference in control because that's where you start throwing mids on 400 foot holes. that is a huge part of what separates the top pros from the rest of the crew imo.

If I can just get back to 350+, where I was before all these blasted shoulder injuries, I'll be tickled pink. May not be possible without rebuilding the shoulder though. :\ Not gonna stop me trying though. Even with all the injuries, I still practiced the putts. :thmbup: About all I could do.

350 is my current goal, so that's what I voted. Of course if I manage to throw 350' regularly, I will start noticing all of the holes I could reach if I threw 400' . . .

I'd be content to throw 350' with a speed 9 disc, so that was my vote. That's the distance that, to me, would make most par 3's reachable from the tee and most par 4's play like how I would have a par 4 play (driver, mid, putt).

Obviously you drive for show and putt for dough but when it comes down to it, very few people actually practice putting and only work on distance (this I am guilty of). How many of you would actually work on putting more if you knew you could reach that amount you've always strived for?

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually already work on putting a ton, to the detriment of improving my distance. Its more about convenience. Its easy to fit a basket in the yard and spend an hour a day putting. its much harder to find a unused, marked field within a reasonable driving distance.

I'd love to get to the 500 mark someday. I know its possible, and I'm sure it would go faster if I practiced more. Honestly I've never really spent a lot of time in my disc golfing career on fieldwork and my distance has steadily and consistently improved without really plateauing

At my current young age of 12, I'm content at my 300+. I would like to throw 500+ someday, though.

I can soooomtimes sniff 400ft (but usually i'm in the 350-375ft range).

but what distance would I be happy? If i could consistently throw my teebirds 330ft straight... then I'd be happy.

With my decent putting, and fairly good approach game, if I could throw 400 accurately....holy cow.

325' would suit me. It would get me back to where I was long ago, before age and injuries diminished my game. Like Bultx1215, I'd be tickled pink just to reach the baskets I used to, and that a voice in my mind nags me about with claims that I should still be able to.

I play a lot of holes where 325-350', with accuracy, would save me some strokes. 450' would be cool, but on the courses I play most, would only modestly improve my score.

I'm scratching right at 425' right now. I'm content with that. I'd just like to be able to do it more consistently.

With my decent putting, and fairly good approach game, if I could throw 400 accurately....holy cow.

What he said! ^^^^^

I practice my mid-range and approach shots the most as that's what I need in order to score well on those dang 400-450' par 3's.

I do a lot of field work with drivers and I've improved a lot over the last 2 years, but given my athletic ability and age, I think 400 will only remain a dream. But, I'm always improving and having fun doing it.

Maybe this year

I would like 375 flat no wind. I think this would let me be competative on the local courses. I hate to upshot when the others in my group are putting.

I'm looking for a consistent 450+ to have a chance at 2 for some of those upper 400 and lower 500ft holes.

I think the quest for more D never ends. That's a good thing. Keeps me motivated and gets me pumped when I get that extra 25'-50'.

Short to mid term goals, I'm at 325' with my sights set on 350'. Just got to 325' so it might be a while.

Content? I would be happy with 400' but I'd like to be wicked accurate out to 350'.

I'll let you know once I figure out where I'm at. A week ago I was only throwing on one foot, my max distance was about 300. Now that I'm back to 2 feet I feel like 400 shouldn't be too difficult to get to, but it might be more difficult to get back to a consistent 450. But, as I said, I haven't thrown a distance shot yet, so I have no idea where I'm at.

If I could get my field work distance on the course, I'd be stoked. I can usually hit around 350' on the course, but get much closer to 400' (usually in the 380' range) in the field. For some reason, when I'm standing on the tee, I just don't snap in very well on longer shots.

I picked 425 because that's my next milestone on the poll, and the highest number I saw.

I don't feel like working on distance is my priority right now. I'm trying to figure out how to throw 400' in trees and how to hit early left or right windows on power drives... that is hard! That's what I feel like separates me from the pros - control, not distance. Kodachrome has a point about pushing your distance potential and gaining control with shots well under your max D.

The closest course to me is 30 minutes and the closest field is 15. I get out as often as I can, but a lot of days putting in my yard with my Mach lite is all the practice I get. I actually like practicing putting and it definitely is one of my top priorities right now, but I've never shied away from it.