• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Out of all the Lat64 discs I've tried, the Fuse has become my favorite by far. Here is what I have from Lat64:

Opto Stiker: good disc, just not for me. Sneeky long, flight resembled a seasoned Eagle-X
Goldline Halo: Too much disc for me. Very fast and too overstable for me. Seemed to have lots of release problems with this disc.
Goldline Core: Like this disc very much, although I wish it had a bit more stability to it. I thorw it along side my Fuse, some more overstability would pair up well with the Fuse.
Opto XXX: Meathook. Nuff said. Overhands and get out of trouble disc. Very predictable, will NEVER turn over.
Goldline XXX: Just got this disc the other day. Hoping it will be a little less overstable than the Opto version, at the very least it will be easier to find in the woods lol.
Goldline Fuse: Absolutely money. I love this disc for turnovers, touch straight shots, and downhill drives. Goes exactly where I want it to go.
Opto Fuse: A bit more stable than my Goldline, I'll throw this one in the bag on windy days in place of my Goldline. Awesome disc as well.
Opto and Goldline River: Just got these and have only tossed them once or twice each. So far so good. A bit of high speed turn, with just enough low speed stability to ensure it will always come back. I have high hopes for these two discs.

I am loving the fuse as well....crazy glide and turns so smooth without too much fade fight back

My question is why does LAT64 call it a stable disc...seems to me that alot of Lat64 stuff is not really as advertised as far as stability....but still damn amazing discs

My wife loves her river and fuse. The river goes about 20-30' farther than the leopard for her.

I have a gripline medius and an opto river.

The river has become my driver of choice-long, controllable

The medius has (gasp!) taken over a lot of throws from my Buzzz. Its a fast mid, but has a consistent fade, and I love the Gripline plastic.

I have a very Nice Gold Line STriker and i LOve it For my 320'to 400' Down Pipe Lines ... when i dont have alot of room but i need the distance .. :hfive:

Picture083.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Well, the Goldline XXX is very real as I have been throwing it for the last week. I must say the biggest difference is stability. The GL has a little less stability than the Opto versions, which is nice since my Opto's are all mega pigs. Another added bonus was that I was able to tune this plastic to take some of the stability out of it, now this disc is perfect for it's intended role. I'd say it's now just a couple ticks more stable than my brand new Z-Predator, and I'm actually able to get it out to almost 300' on a straight flat throw with fade. My Opto's would only go about 250' for me on the same line. I think this plastic has a bit more glide as well. Not to mention the fact that it's also much easier to find on the course, since all my Opto's were transparent and hard to find.

In short, the GL XXX is a winner. I'd advise anyone thats a XXX lover to pick one up as soon as possible!

The other day I threw my striker on hole 18 hiestand park, didn't go terribly far but definitely handled the wind really well.

Two things:

Strauss, try a new run gold line Core. You can spot these over the first runs because the newest runs have more dome in the center of the disc. They're considerably more stable than the first run golds that came out. Enough so that I was shocked by the stability when I threw one along side my first runs.

BIgNik, I want that Striker. Now.

He mAy have something there. I have been throwing a 167 GL Fuse and it seems at least as stable as my 174 Opto Fuse and maybe even more so. Still try g to figure it out. doesn't seem right, but the results speak for themselves. Try them both.

BIGNIK
That puke green striker is most ripping...where'd ya git it!?

He mAy have something there. I have been throwing a 167 GL Fuse and it seems at least as stable as my 174 Opto Fuse and maybe even more so. Still try g to figure it out. doesn't seem right, but the results speak for themselves. Try them both.

What i'm talking about is a little bit different. Latitude is notorious for variation among runs that can result in what would seem to be totally different discs. For example, I have 5 or so Opto Visions that are as stable as a Halo. I actually love those discs but that's not my point... What IS my point is that there has been a significant change (at least among what i've thrown) from the very first Gold Line Core's to hit our shores to the Latest Gold Line Core's that we've seen. The newer Core's being the more stable to over stable variety.

Thanks for the tips Jeronimo. I actually got in my 179g Goldline Core from Marshall Street about a week ago. This one had a strange dome in just the middle of the disc, sounds like the run you were talking about. You were right, this Core is noticably more stable than my 175g GL. It's currently in the bag with my Goldline Fuse and has been working very well for me lately. With that being said, on strong wind days I'll probably throw my old trusty DX Roc back in the bag as I've noticed both of my Core's like to try to turn a bit when thrown 275'+ into a ~15mph headwind. On the other hand I guess I could always just throw with a little hyzer and let it pop up to flat.

I've got 2 opto cores I think from the first run, and 1 of the newest run gold line, all 3 fly the same and have the same small dome in the center. I use the Trident or XXX as a "mid" into a headwind. I used to throw Z Drones but even they would flip into a wind. The trident is a slow driver and holds the line I throw it then fades at the end. My opto XXX's are crazy overstable but fly dead straight in a 20mph headwind.

Jeronimo, you want to sell/trade me one of those stable visions? :)

BIgNik, I want that Striker. Now.

BIGNIK That puke green striker is most ripping...where'd ya git it!?

LOl tnx Guys .. yea i actualy Love this Disc
I got it from a friend as i traded a Glow wizard for it ... .
i hate the color/although i adore the marbleing ...
I can pipeline this disc about 350 .. without it ever having to move ..
i like the distance without having to do a hyzer or anhyzer ..
But cant get rid of it as i am looking to pick another up in the near future :)

Latest posts