• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Avery Jenkins leaves PDGA Board of Directors

Avery submitting his resignation is the most active thing he has done on the board in a while.

He missed multiple board meetings this year (check the minutes) and didn't even attend the summit which was at the same time and location as a National Tour Event.

This resignation is long overdue. I like Avery personally and enjoy the conversations I have with him, but his absence each meeting is excusable.

Busting your chops here, but don't you mean inexcusable?

Saw that too, but assumed he meant "touring all over the country professional"

^This is what I meant.
Seriously though having touring players run the pdga is kind of like having inmates running the asylum due to special interests isn't it.

I can see this POV, however, I'm thinking if the PDGA's mission is to build the sport into a legit spectator sport, the touring pros should have a voice.

Honestly . . . I think Avery is way more marketable and way better off promoting the sport through his own avenues. He has the look of an athlete, he has the charisma, and he seems content just travelling to promote the game. He is a world champion and he still plays at a high level but he doesn't need to be a 12x champ to be marketable. I have no problem with him leaving the PDGA if he feels he can do more elsewhere . . . I believe it to be that way too.

I do wish there was some sort of focus group or something of the touring pros who could bring up ideas and their concerns to the PDGA but am not necessarily sold that PDGA touring pros should hold so much control by being board members. While I do not discredit the TOUR as important . . . I think that the efforts need to be concentrated elsewhere by the PDGA since 98% of this game is not touring pros . . . and only a small percentage of the overall players are even PDGA members.

Sure an argument can be made why do we care about non members. . . . but I ask why would we not care why people are not members. I think there is no reason people couldn't enjoy a membership in the PDGA without being super active in the tournaments. THE PDGA is all we have to represent our sport right now so they should be focussed on the masses in my opinion.

Don't take my comments as anti PDGA pro or Tour . . . I just do not think that it is as important as it seems to be made out to be by the pros. I understand they want to be able to make a living . . . well at this point maybe the sport isn't ready to sustain full time touring pro status? We need outside sponsorship to make that happen not inside sponsorship and inside promotion.

He posted here

I saw that while doing some searching to see what the heck people were referring to with Shive and Sinclair. I'm glad Peter posted that, because as I said before, I don't see any word of this from the PDGA. It would be nice to tell the membership that someone they elected refused to take his seat, and how they then filled the position.

That being said, thanks to Peter and Avery for their service to the PDGA.

Does anyone have the picture of Avery Jenkins where there was like 1 tree in the fairway and it said something about having too many trees?

Does anyone have the picture of Avery Jenkins where there was like 1 tree in the fairway and it said something about having too many trees?

5t6Vx1WW_5ytj-wMba4PqhbxljSEsPr643OSCJSqCPQ=w311-h207-p-no

you're welcome

They are all going to shake up the whole disc golf world leaving the PDGA and create the P(rodigy)PDGA. :\

Why would he leave the BOD when our "sport" is SOOOOO close to making it big time? Lulsz

Why would he leave the BOD when our "sport" is SOOOOO close to making it big time? Lulsz

thats exactly why avery left. he yearns for the spotlight and knows that the pdga isnt um.. affiliated. if you know what i mean. lets just say theres a little 'club' of successful people that use a certain symbol to identify themselves:

dollar_ase.gif

yes folks im saying avery jenkins joined the illuminati. think thats a silly claim? google image search his name and its obvious. i highlighted the proof in the following photos:

EIfgitv.jpg

eqtaMVX.jpg

rvIK14H.jpg

ygqp3xJ.jpg

i think we'll be seeing big things from avery in the near future...

my only time witnessing AJ was basically 1 loooong bitchfest and whining about everything during a NT event.....I know it's not fair to judge someone during a round but I was particularly turned off.

That being said a lot of people are jerks during a round and don't portray themselves in a classy way during competitive rounds especially....it's just that he is called an ambassasador by many when in reality he is just another pro player. I don't expect much from competing players classwise in the heat of battle.......it does seem that he is a good ambassador outside of the heat of competition.

Avery is a phenomenal ambassador for the sport and IMHO, of all the top pros, no one loves the game more than him. You really get the "I'm lucky to do this" feel from him that you don't get from a lot of players.

However his constant absence on the Board really does negate a lot of things. If he felt he accomplished what he wanted to accomplish or realized he could not do these things, he should have resigned long ago, well before being absent at multiple board meetings. Missing one during a National Tour is wild. Never thought he would ever miss one tailor made for him to compete at before the summit.

I honestly lost a respect for him over the last few months due to this.

Avery is a phenomenal ambassador for the sport and IMHO, of all the top pros, no one loves the game more than him. You really get the "I'm lucky to do this" feel from him that you don't get from a lot of players.

However his constant absence on the Board really does negate a lot of things. If he felt he accomplished what he wanted to accomplish or realized he could not do these things, he should have resigned long ago, well before being absent at multiple board meetings. Missing one during a National Tour is wild. Never thought he would ever miss one tailor made for him to compete at before the summit.

He didn't play in many NTs this year due to his being in Europe, right? Was the summit during his Europe jaunt?

i never find myself agreeing with mtl... but i do this time. if you are not going to fulfill your role as an officer, get out the way. however i dont understand why these guys didn't resign before the elections.. its sneaky suspicious.

This kinda concerns me a little bit. I don't like the fact that people with different opinions on how to make the sport better are leaving the governing body of the sport.