• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar - Driver Big Bead

I Snagged 3 beautiful Orange/red star bb aviars on Friday. They are some older plastic, pfn, super grippy. I actually was putting them and found I really enjoyed it. Very flexible too. If they drive similar to my kc in terms of overstability then I'll be in love.

The hunt begins. 3 of these is not enough.

I Snagged 3 beautiful Orange/red star bb aviars on Friday. They are some older plastic, pfn, super grippy. I actually was putting them and found I really enjoyed it. Very flexible too. If they drive similar to my kc in terms of overstability then I'll be in love.

i do believe i have a pink pfn max weight.............

I have 2 PFN that have the innova.com tooling, they have become my putting putters. If they are anything like mine they are definitely beefy.

You definitely want to watch what run you buy from, I noticed some differences in diameter and wing shape in some of the Star Drivers I've seen.

Knowing Simon Lizotte throws an s-line p2 as his putting putter makes me feel a little better, using a Star putter almost makes me feel like the guy who putts with a mid.

I have 2 PFN that have the innova.com tooling, they have become my putting putters. If they are anything like mine they are definitely beefy.

You definitely want to watch what run you buy from, I noticed some differences in diameter and wing shape in some of the Star Drivers I've seen.

Knowing Simon Lizotte throws an s-line p2 as his putting putter makes me feel a little better, using a Star putter almost makes me feel like the guy who putts with a mid.

i know a few people around mn who use star aviars to putt with

your all good!

Eeeeeeh. They get a little slick when cold and they aren't beefy. Neither is the gstar but I think I'll probably sell these and keep the gstar for driving, kc for putting.

i told you man the gstarrr aviar d is as good as gold

It's alright. I wish it flew like the kc pro though. It's not what I'd call overstable IMO. As it is the polecat is my main driving putter...and these just don't have the overstability I wanted. Essentially the gstar aviar is a workhorse stability....but so is a fresh polecat. And a polecat is straighter overall so...unless we're in the woods and I want to protect my polecats on a slight hyzer shot...it won't be thrown. And that's a lot of qualifiers. But it'll work.

i dont know what to say

you say it best when you say nothing at all.

for real though, the gstar aviar just isn't as good a complement to a fresh dx polecat as a kc is. if i could find a star aviar that's more like a kc i would snap it up but i have to figure out how to compare them first. PLH on putters is weird.

i actually never have compared putter plh.

the gstarrr aviar d is bigger diamater than kcp. i posted some where in a thread around here that im not going to find so take my word for it. i can text you the pic if you want. not sure if that affects the flight or whatever...

i actually never have compared putter plh.

the gstarrr aviar d is bigger diamater than kcp. i posted some where in a thread around here that im not going to find so take my word for it. i can text you the pic if you want. not sure if that affects the flight or whatever...

i agree. i saw what you guys had said earlier; i looked at my star vs kc vs gstar and there DEFINITELY is a diameter difference.

i *want* to use these star aviar drivers but i don't know that i have the patience to season them. plus they aren't as OS as my KC aviars anyway. they'll be magical in a few years but i'm already doing that with my teebirds and frankly, doing that with two molds is just a depressing time investment for me . . .

anybody know if there's a trick to finding a beefy star aviar driver? or are they, on the whole, less OS than a fresh kc aviar? if i can find beefy ones i'll start using it right meow. otherwise i have no reason to.

idk, the Stars I have are more OS than any of the KC's I've had. I don't know any tricks since the two Stars and one GS I had were all OS. Blame Innova I guess.

That or it's Oat-a-chrome :p

idk, the Stars I have are more OS than any of the KC's I've had. I don't know any tricks since the two Stars and one GS I had were all OS. Blame Innova I guess.

That or it's Oat-a-chrome :p

I will be the first to admit that my driving as of late is definitely not exactly clean, but even conceding that point...my star and gstar are def more straight with fade. The fresh kc I have are beefy.

*shrug* oh well.

anybody know if there's a trick to finding a beefy star aviar driver? or are they, on the whole, less OS than a fresh kc aviar? if i can find beefy ones i'll start using it right meow. otherwise i have no reason to.

Have you considered any other molds than the BB Aviar? Envy's are a tick more stable and a bit faster. Evo Wizards are pretty hefty and indestructible. Lucid Judge is another option. They are a tick less stable than a fresh KC, but stay that way and glide well for a premium plastic putter.

I understand your predicament, though, cause fresh KC's throw really well but do lose that bite after a handful of good tree whacks.

I'd love to hear more about the Nexus plastic.

I got a few in my mailbox this evening (happy that Pro shop is using USPS instead of UPS ground -- I get stuff two days sooner.) I haven't thrown them, but the plastic has a nice tacky/grippy feel to it while still being smooth and firm. It's very similar to the first run (not proto) Lunas that I have.

I must confess I was taking discs off the stacks for comparison just now, so here's some rough comparisons for Nexus:

- stiffer / smoother than the JC/JK pro Aviar driver

-softer / tackier than KC Pro, mostly just a little give in the flight plate difference in firmness

-my conspiracy brain is thinking, "is this a try at mixing McPro/Rpro together to keep up with the Luna rubber/plastic?"

-"...or maybe they just wanted to make a softer Galactic blend at Jessica's behest?"

Any way the colors do look a lot better than the pink/tan Galactic Aviars I got last year.

I got Infinite's email about them. I'd love to hear more about the Nexus plastic.

I got a few in my mailbox this evening (happy that Pro shop is using USPS instead of UPS ground -- I get stuff two days sooner.) I haven't thrown them, but the plastic has a nice tacky/grippy feel to it while still being smooth and firm. It's very similar to the first run (not proto) Lunas that I have.

I must confess I was taking discs off the stacks for comparison just now, so here's some rough comparisons for Nexus:

- stiffer / smoother than the JC/JK pro Aviar driver

-softer / tackier than KC Pro, mostly just a little give in the flight plate difference in firmness

-my conspiracy brain is thinking, "is this a try at mixing McPro/Rpro together to keep up with the Luna rubber/plastic?"

-"...or maybe they just wanted to make a softer Galactic blend at Jessica's behest?"

Any way the colors do look a lot better than the pink/tan Galactic Aviars I got last year.

My guess is Nexus is to XT as Galactic is to KC/McPro

I went a little overboard with Aviars for whatever reason yesterday. I picked up a couple dx BB aviars, 1 champion color glow, and 2 used JC aviars from Glide in Madison. Now I ordered 2 of the Weese aviars. I can't believe how well the JC hold a line. You can throw them HARD and they just stick to however you released them. The color glow champ almost looked like a "3" top and just felt really good in my hand so I had to get it. The dx bb aviars were on the stiff side and also just felt too good that if I left without them I would have been mad at myself. I hate going to disc golf shops, I had no intentions of even getting an Aviar yesterday and now apparently they are in my bag. I hope the Weese have just a little more grip/flex than the dx do so I can use them for spring and transition back to the dx when it gets warmer.