• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

Not a real thing. I've just found a handful over the years. I'll probably hot water one soon to see if it works.

Wonder if they will release the sales info to the players, so they know what percentage of the team they are worth. Or even better, they release the sales data, but give all Star and Champion Team members the same cut of these sales.

Were all San Marino DX Aviar Putt Approaches the small bead mold? Or were some the beadless mold?
I've had a handful of DX San Marino P&A's over the years and only the one I have currently is the small bead noticeable.

Last edited:
Were all San Marino DX Aviar Putt Approaches the small bead mold? Or were some the beadless mold?
I've had a handful of DX San Marino P&A's over the years and only the one I have currently is the small bead noticeable.

I believe the old ones were all the small bead mold, which is now the Omega.

Along that line, the newer ones are the headless mold.

I'd need one of the resident experts to confirm but that's how I remember it. I couldn't tell you which tooling is which, or where in the timeline that changed.

I believe the Omega is in the firmer Classic Aviar plastic instead of normal DX. This is a good thing tho

I have a glow dx and old usdgc dx beadless san marino mold. I'm pretty sure they made both in the stock runs as well, but am not certain.

yeah I remember having an old small swoosh stamp DX glow w/ San Marino tooling that was beadless.

I believe the old ones were all the small bead mold, which is now the Omega.

Along that line, the newer ones are the headless mold.

I'd need one of the resident experts to confirm but that's how I remember it. I couldn't tell you which tooling is which, or where in the timeline that changed.

I agree that the original P&A's were small bead and you technically have three different stamps for San Marino P&A's- centered chains, bar stamp, and swoosh stamp.
I specifically am asking for the swoosh stamp ones as I'm pretty certain the older ones than that are small bead.

yeah I remember having an old small swoosh stamp DX glow w/ San Marino tooling that was beadless.

I agree that the original P&A's were small bead and you technically have three different stamps for San Marino P&A's- centered chains, bar stamp, and swoosh stamp.
I specifically am asking for the swoosh stamp ones as I'm pretty certain the older ones than that are small bead.

And the Innova company had a P&A Classic Grid Bar Stamp in the late 1990's with a mini bead and those eventually dropped the mini bead all togther to become the Classic Grid Avair in the 2000's about the time Champion and Pro plastic came out. The plastic on the mini bead P&A Classic Grid Aviar was softer DX then the stuff then the DX that ended up on the Classic Grid Aviar.

It's not the Aviar P&A mold. It's just an Aviar3 in KC plastic.

These are different discs. They look and feel completely different.

IIRC, the Aviar3 is the Aviar P&A bottom with the "3" flat top piece. My Aviar3s are beadless like the P&As. The Aviar3s are flatter, but not all that different than the P&A...

IIRC, the Aviar3 is the Aviar P&A bottom with the "3" flat top piece. My Aviar3s are beadless like the P&As. The Aviar3s are flatter, but not all that different than the P&A...

buh bye!

giphy.gif

I got lucky and found 3 San Marino DX's last year. Amazing discs with the super soft DX plastic.
The two that are in better shape both have a really small bead. Can't really feel it. But with some schmutz on them. I can definitely see it. The beat in one, is just that. Beat to perfection.

I believe the Omega is in the firmer Classic Aviar plastic instead of normal DX. This is a good thing tho
The regular runs of Omega SS are R-Pro and the Omega AP is Pro plastic. Neither of them are run in any sort of DX; the baseline plastic for Millennium is Pro.

The original P&A's had what was called the "Hands On" stamp, which transitioned to the chains stamp. The chains stamp ran pretty much through the 90's, the barstamp was '00-'02 or '03 and sometime in '03 the swoosh stamp came out. I forget when the switch back to beadless was, it was sometime in the '00's.

Latest posts