• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

roughly 15.99-18.99

Though, if you think about it, those discs become worth the time that was put into them to get them to the stage of seasoning they were in at the moment of pond-diving.

If my seasoned-over-two-years Vector hit the drink, you better believe I'd spend an appropriate amount of time diving for it.

the worst part was that it wasn't even an in game throw.

Someone challenged me to see who could toss it closer to a bird house.

USPS said my Envys were out for delivery.

USPS said my Envys were delivered.

I don't have my Envys. I'm not happy.

Oh well. It's always one extra day when this happens. I hate waiting for new plastic.

I got mine today and they are oh so pretty. I guess I was also the first to preorder from Justin at community discs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 55
While I didn't play well my second tournament this weekend, the Creamsicle Soft Envy saved my ass more than once. I didn't use it all in my Saturday tournament but it saved me at least eight throws in my Sunday tournament. Really liking this disc....Moreso than my standard Neutrons of which I still have two fresh.

Inquiring minds need to know

Yes, yes they do. I throw and love chiefs. But premium plastic chiefs are hard to come by. And sure grip and trees on a full powe drive equal really freaking deformed disc. I know I could find it, but what is the rim depth on an envy?

Inquiring minds need to know

I'll give a noodle arm answer since no one else has chimed in yet. For reference I putt with the Envy (always when inside the circle, sometimes outside as well, especially now that I've got a lighter Soft), approach with it about half the time (unless the shot calls for a zone or my soft Spike), and use it off the tee for some short holes and layup drives. I didn't end up bagging the Chief, but if I did it would be for the same roles as the Envy, minus putting due to the extreme low profile just not feeling comfortable in my putting grip.

Depth: The Envy is by no means a deep putter, but the Chief is so shallow and flat that it does make the Envy feel a little deep if you compare them side by side. Most people find the Envy very comfortable though. I hate deep discs of any sort and love how the Envy feels. I like a shallow disc and the Chief feels good to throw and has a clean release every time, but damn is mine board flat and shallow.

Plastic feel: Chiefs win without a doubt. Mine is made of the best feeling plastic I've ever felt. But unfortunately:

Durability: Obviously sure grip isn't made to perfectly withstand tree blast after tree blast, but sure grip combined with super low profile (both Chief and Shaman) is just a recipe for bent discs. You can bend them back a little, and they still fly nice, but it's a little disconcerting and they do seem to lose stability pretty quickly compared to say a Wizard. The Envy on the other hand, is almost too durable.

Flight: At my distances, a new Chief and a new N Envy fly similarly on a flat release. Straight and then a healthy but not extreme fade. But because of the durability difference that doesn't last long. The Chief I think is also a little more lenient. A little nose up or a touch of hyzer will send my Envy further left than the Chief. Nothing drastic. I'm guessing max distance would be about the same for me for the two, but I've never tested that.

Now that was my N Envy vs. the Chief. My new soft Envy is a little more OS than either of those, even at 8g less. I can putt it further but have to play the fade a little more. Just got it yesterday though, so hoping that will beat out of it a little. If not I have another on the way and may resort to some more drastic AIM-inspired techniques.

For me the Envy wins because of the durability and because I like a small bag and don't want to putt with a Chief. They are both great discs but for my use I think a premium Chief would be better than the sure grip. Even then though, I personally like the Envy too much to switch.

I don't want to sound like a crazy person, but there's some days where I'm scared my beat up Envy could knock the E Axis out of my bag. I generally get easier D from the Axis (faster,) and it's a bit more versatile on some shaping shots, but the Envy is getting to be so pinpoint accurate it's almost dumb. It's like just setting it down wherever I want to putt from, lol.

I could see that Toro. Specially considering you can get a 150 class envs vs only 170g+ axis.

imagine a light weight envy in 6/10 would be a fun disc to throw.

As a few of you may know...I'm a wizard fiend. I love bombing wizards off the tee and letting them do work. I also love my wizards to be low shouldered and slightly seasoned.

I have had a soft spot for MVP since I first started playing (I have the car decal to prove it) and I recently gave the envy a go in my driving putter slot in my small bag. SWEET JESUS is this thing easy to throw. I have quickly fallen in love with my P envy for nearly all short drives & longer up shots. I love bending 0 turn discs and the envy will just ride a forced anny like a perfect wizard. It hyzers well & eats OAT if i accidentally give it a bit too much torque.

My days of driving wizards are numbered. I have taken to the envy incredibly quickly and I'm peaking drives I would barely reach with my wizards. The guaranteed flat top and durability/color schemes of Proton makes this the ultimate driving putter IMO. Glorious disc from a great company.

I doubt it'll ever enter my putting game, but man do I love ripping the envy.

As a few of you may know...I'm a wizard fiend. I love bombing wizards off the tee and letting them do work. I also love my wizards to be low shouldered and slightly seasoned.

I have had a soft spot for MVP since I first started playing (I have the car decal to prove it) and I recently gave the envy a go in my driving putter slot in my small bag. SWEET JESUS is this thing easy to throw. I have quickly fallen in love with my P envy for nearly all short drives & longer up shots. I love bending 0 turn discs and the envy will just ride a forced anny like a perfect wizard. It hyzers well & eats OAT if i accidentally give it a bit too much torque.

My days of driving wizards are numbered. I have taken to the envy incredibly quickly and I'm peaking drives I would barely reach with my wizards. The guaranteed flat top and durability/color schemes of Proton makes this the ultimate driving putter IMO. Glorious disc from a great company.

I doubt it'll ever enter my putting game, but man do I love ripping the envy.

Jeez, it's like I wrote this. I've been playing 7 years and for 6 of them Wizards were the driving putter fixture. In just the time the Envy has been out, it's kicked the Wizzes out, though I still putt with a Prototype Wiz.

For me, the Envy is just so easy to throw well, and its distance and consistency have even pushed it into the short-mid role.

I don't want to sound like a crazy person, but there's some days where I'm scared my beat up Envy could knock the E Axis out of my bag. I generally get easier D from the Axis (faster,) and it's a bit more versatile on some shaping shots, but the Envy is getting to be so pinpoint accurate it's almost dumb. It's like just setting it down wherever I want to putt from, lol.

Its funny that you should mention this. My envy has taken over all my alias work now days. I've also just picked up an anode and can bomb the anode 200+ lasers so the tangent is gone too. Never figured I'd be one of those "putter" guys but I'm using the anode/envy combo for 75% of my shots now days.

I got mine! They looked like grey flight plates in the picture on Marshal St, but they are black. I am more than happy with the reverse storm trooper colors!

So nice, soft and finger printy plastic! :clap:

Latest posts